http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 08:12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy Gamers Wanted (Help Needed)  (Read 771 times)
Hrothgar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2004, 07:52:42 PM »

Hopefully this doesn't cross the line into "pimping my site" territory.

If you read my post in Off Topic, you'll know that my son was born 10 weeks premature.  My wife and I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital.  Fortunately, David is growing bigger and stronger each day and we hope to bring him home from the hospital around Thanksgiving.

So what does this have to do with PC gaming and strategy gaming?  Well, I run my little strategy gaming website pretty much by myself.  I've had several contributors, but no one has really been a regular.  I've found that works pretty well since most people like to help when they can, but know they don't have enough time to make long term committments to a website.  The short of it is, I could use some more contributors about now since my family duties are taking me away from the site.

I really believe in the concept behind Talk Strategy.  While it has a news section and some reviews, the heart is telling war stories from various strategy games.  That and discussing strategy and tactics for various games.  If you're interested in helping out,  check out the site (click on the website link in this post or in my profile).  Then contact me.

I like to look at it as a win/win.  If you're serious about writing about games, most sites (including CG, I'd imagine) like to see some of what you've written.  The more you have out there; the easier their evaluation is.  There are easy ways on the site to submit war stories, strategies, news and even mini reviews.  Larger articles can be handled by email.

The idea is to create a small community around a common interest.  I'd hate to see that set too far back because of time constraints.  I appreciate any help people can offer.  I also appreciate the support the Gone Gold and Console Gold communites have given me, my family and Talk Strategy.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 02:15:25 AM »

Hrothgar,
i'd really love to help you out, but I have almost no talent when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Plus i'm on dial-up  frown

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 06:02:28 AM »

Thank you.  Even just a forum post or two about a fond memory of a favorite strategy game can help.  Or you can even read some of the stories already posted in the forum and ask questions or make comments.  It's all good.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: