http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:35:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stranglehold  (Read 2770 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 05:24:08 AM »

Just got this on demo from Gamefly, which I loaded up after playing the demo recently.  Saw the PC version over at Half Price Books today for $10.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »

A bit of thread necromancy here...I finished this up recently and enjoyed it quite a bit, and I'd love a sequel that enhanced the good parts (winding levels with lots of action and environmental interactions to play with) and got rid of the bad parts (extended, repetitive battles in open rooms). But really what prompted me to post was that I was inspired to pop in my Criterion Collection DVD of Hard Boiled last night because I hadn't watched the movie since the mid-90's and couldn't recall the story very well. It's kind of funny that they called Stranglehold a sequel when the only constant between the movie and the game is Tequila and the gunplay. They completely ditch his girlfriend, who he appears to reconcile with at the end of the film and then magically create this backstory about his love affair with a mobster's daughter. Kind of odd.

The transfer on the Criterion disc was also surprisingly crappy, and it's non-animorphic. I'm considering using some trade points to get a copy of the PS3 collector's edition for the blu-ray copy of the movie, although I hear they force you to watch it in the PS3 and there are no chapters or anything.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »

It's apparently also a really crappy transfer/compression there too.  It's jammed onto the same disc as the game, and supposedly wasn't remastered in HD, and generally looks like junk.  I was going to track down a copy of the PS3 CE too, and then the internets reviews made me just pick up the cheaper 360 version.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2009, 01:43:47 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on March 06, 2009, 10:36:41 PM

It's apparently also a really crappy transfer/compression there too.  It's jammed onto the same disc as the game, and supposedly wasn't remastered in HD, and generally looks like junk.

i can confirm this - one of the reasons i got the game was to get what i thought'd be a high-def version of the movie. so much for that smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: