http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 03:44:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stranglehold  (Read 2781 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:12 AM »

There are a couple of threads, but none of them seem to be about the game, really.  Impressions/Reviews, etc.

IGN gave it an 8.1, and were pretty positive, saying:

Quote
There are a lot of mindless shooters on the market, but none of them immerse you in John Woo's world. And that's where Stranglehold stands out. This is the true sequel to Hard Boiled, which means Stranglehold is more about style than substance. So, not surprisingly, the story is melodramatic and forgettable and the adrenaline-pumping action is the star of the show. Stranglehold could use two more chapters and a little more visual polish, but it is an otherwise exhilarating experience. There are plenty of "Oh my God" moments and just enough challenge to sustain anyone's interest from start to finish.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 12:42:18 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 01, 2007, 12:40:12 AM

There are a couple of threads, but none of them seem to be about the game, really.  Impressions/Reviews, etc.

IGN gave it an 8.1, and were pretty positive, saying:

Quote
There are a lot of mindless shooters on the market, but none of them immerse you in John Woo's world. And that's where Stranglehold stands out. This is the true sequel to Hard Boiled, which means Stranglehold is more about style than substance. So, not surprisingly, the story is melodramatic and forgettable and the adrenaline-pumping action is the star of the show. Stranglehold could use two more chapters and a little more visual polish, but it is an otherwise exhilarating experience. There are plenty of "Oh my God" moments and just enough challenge to sustain anyone's interest from start to finish.

I'll be getting it, but probably on the PC- if they ever release the demo that is.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:12:57 AM »

I think this one is a 360 rental for me.
Logged
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 01:55:40 AM »

what did they say about the Multiplayer?
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 03:54:27 AM »

Quote from: juniordan on September 01, 2007, 01:55:40 AM

what did they say about the Multiplayer?

Quote
Stranglehold features online multiplayer for up to six players. It's only deathmatch and team deathmatch, which take place in a variety of locales from the game. Each match is complete and utter chaos. Every player has access to the various Tequila Bombs and can (sometimes) enter slow motion. None of this really comes together though, as players need to be in slow motion at the same time, so that there's no real advantage to using Stranglehold's primary gameplay element. And the Precision Aiming power still has the same slow-mo reticule movements, but the other players are moving in real time, so it's pretty much impossible to use.

While the multiplayer doesn't come together as well as it should, it's still an interesting experiment. Anyone who picks up Stranglehold should give the multiplayer a shot at least once, just to experience the insanity. But this isn't something that will have people playing Stranglehold for the next year.

They also point out that the single player is only 6 - 8 hours, which I know will be a big problem for some of you.  Hell, that's even a bit of a problem for me, and I'm definitely a quality over quantity guy.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1834


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 04:02:38 AM »

Although they did think the singler-player was fun enough to play multiple times.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:06:07 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 01, 2007, 03:54:27 AM

Quote from: juniordan on September 01, 2007, 01:55:40 AM

what did they say about the Multiplayer?

Quote
Stranglehold features online multiplayer for up to six players. It's only deathmatch and team deathmatch, which take place in a variety of locales from the game. Each match is complete and utter chaos. Every player has access to the various Tequila Bombs and can (sometimes) enter slow motion. None of this really comes together though, as players need to be in slow motion at the same time, so that there's no real advantage to using Stranglehold's primary gameplay element. And the Precision Aiming power still has the same slow-mo reticule movements, but the other players are moving in real time, so it's pretty much impossible to use.

While the multiplayer doesn't come together as well as it should, it's still an interesting experiment. Anyone who picks up Stranglehold should give the multiplayer a shot at least once, just to experience the insanity. But this isn't something that will have people playing Stranglehold for the next year.

They also point out that the single player is only 6 - 8 hours, which I know will be a big problem for some of you.  Hell, that's even a bit of a problem for me, and I'm definitely a quality over quantity guy.

OK, that makes it a rental or sub 20 dollar purchase.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 10995


I said good day, sir!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 05:28:23 AM »

For the multiplayer it seems all they would have to do is put everybody into slow-mo when somebody uses it, but only the person that used it can move their crosshair at the normal rate and everybody else moves it slower just like their movements. 
Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:33:56 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 01, 2007, 05:28:23 AM

For the multiplayer it seems all they would have to do is put everybody into slow-mo when somebody uses it, but only the person that used it can move their crosshair at the normal rate and everybody else moves it slower just like their movements. 

it sounds like slo mo would suck for MP.  either everyone would use it at once or people would just spam it making it less fun for those who don't have it to use.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:42:25 AM »

Well, with a gift card that I have and a PM of CC at BB, I can get this for 30.00 out the door.

Wondering now if that's too much...may try blockbuster as they have like 8 copies of Bioshock. HOpefully that means they'll have more than one of these.

A shame too as I was really looking forward to this. The demo though was SO underwhelming.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 01, 2007, 07:42:25 AM

Well, with a gift card that I have and a PM of CC at BB, I can get this for 30.00 out the door.

Wondering now if that's too much...may try blockbuster as they have like 8 copies of Bioshock. HOpefully that means they'll have more than one of these.

A shame too as I was really looking forward to this. The demo though was SO underwhelming.

it seriously sounds like a rental.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 241



View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »

Mind's made up, less the reviews smack its ass, I'm getting the PS3's CE.

smile Cheers.
Logged

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 05:02:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2007, 08:32:02 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 01, 2007, 07:42:25 AM

Well, with a gift card that I have and a PM of CC at BB, I can get this for 30.00 out the door.

Wondering now if that's too much...may try blockbuster as they have like 8 copies of Bioshock. HOpefully that means they'll have more than one of these.

A shame too as I was really looking forward to this. The demo though was SO underwhelming.

it seriously sounds like a rental.

Fo sho on this one.
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:23 PM »

Best Buy is selling Stranglehold now!  I have a copy and am getting ready to play.  This seems to be two days earlier than EB is selling it.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »

Is this every where, or your just walked in on a BB that F-up?
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 04, 2007, 05:50:23 PM

Best Buy is selling Stranglehold now!  I have a copy and am getting ready to play.  This seems to be two days earlier than EB is selling it.

Calling BB now.
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on September 04, 2007, 06:29:30 PM

Is this every where, or your just walked in on a BB that F-up?

Seems to be everywhere.  Even the BB website lists as available and in every store in my area.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »

It's at my store. I'm on the way.
Logged
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »

Couldnt stand the demo, with all its table sliding action
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 10995


I said good day, sir!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:01 AM »

Or you guys could wait a day and get it for $12 cheaper at Circuit City. 
Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 12:42:12 AM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on September 04, 2007, 07:14:49 PM

with all its table sliding action


Come along and ride on a, fantastic voyage
Slide slide slippity-slide
Hittin switches on the block in a sixty-five
Come along and ride on a, fantastic voyage
Slide slide who-ride
Ain't no valley low enough for mountain high
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 01:15:03 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 05, 2007, 12:41:01 AM

Or you guys could wait a day and get it for $12 cheaper at Circuit City. 
Or rent it for 7 smile
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 01:18:54 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 05, 2007, 12:41:01 AM

Or you guys could wait a day and get it for $12 cheaper at Circuit City. 

Just pricematch at BB. 
Logged
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 03:09:41 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 05, 2007, 01:18:54 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 05, 2007, 12:41:01 AM

Or you guys could wait a day and get it for $12 cheaper at Circuit City. 

Just pricematch at BB. 

Did and had a gift card from work. Final price out the door 31.00

It's a fun game, but I'm grumpy tonight after the GRAW2 debacle and probably should have just gone to bed.  It plays exactly the same as the demo (I've just finished the demo level), which means it's frenetic, but not altogether awesome.

Same comments as the demo: They did a good job of capturing the John Woo style and have captured tequila accurately, but there's just something off about it.

One thing I've noticed- as opposed to Max Payne- is that the camera is much tighter on the avatar.  This makes the peripheral vision much less wide.

Also the controls don't feel quite right.  I'll play with the options tomorrow and report back tomorrow night.

Right now it still feels like a rental for any of you who are on the fence but a couple of factors were involved in my purhase:

1. The anticipation- even though the demo dampened it, and there's no way it will live up to bioshock, I've been waiting for this game for a while
2. Post Bioshock Lull. Any game will feel lackluster immediately after that one.  May as well be one I got cheap smile
3. Even though I bought it I was planning to wait until this weekend to play it...but as I stated GRAW2 just about ruined my night so I need a distraction

I'm sure I'm gonna get my 31.00 out of it, but I can't see the game being worth much more than that.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 03:55:45 AM »

I just called dibs on borrowing the whichever version my old roommate gets, so I can wait to get to it.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5515



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 06:05:16 AM »

Really interested in playing this game. I understand it's short, but everyone is saying it's a blast to play so it might be worth playing through twice.
Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3061


View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 07:09:45 AM »

Was interested in it, then the cod4 beta occurred along with many other titles I'm more interested in playing.
Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »

The Game plays just like the demo only with a little bit more tightness on the view. good mix of verity so far, but we know how game get bored very quickly. I've played the demo level (1st lvl) and the second lvl to completion (2hrs in). your given missions to destroy crack tables, sink boats, blow up docks and solve a no brainer puzzle here and there. mostly blowing stuff up to clear a path. There is a lot of cinematic in the game so far, each longer than the other. Weapons don't seem to be an issue in this game, they are literally all over the place. This is one shooter that aims to keep you shooting. I really wanted to get into the multilayer but just could not pri my self away from the single player in a reasonable time to check it out. Will get some in tonight. 

Any questions or concern feel free to ask away. If you played the demo you should be familiar with the mechanics of the game. Not much have changed, maybe except for the camera. 
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9963


My cocaine


View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »

so how long will you keep it after you've beaten it ATB?  should we expect this to pop up in the trade forum this weekend? 

this looks like the perfect rental game.  sadly, that means it will probably tank. 
Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 05:26:25 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 05, 2007, 05:24:53 PM

so how long will you keep it after you've beaten it ATB?  should we expect this to pop up in the trade forum this weekend? 

this looks like the perfect rental game.  sadly, that means it will probably tank. 

I'm fairly certain I can ebay it and make money on it...so that's probably what I'll do.  But again, I'll have more accurate details after I play it tonight.
Logged
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 12:04:07 AM »

The downfall of this game is the proximity of the camera to the action. IT'S. JUST. TOO. CLOSE.

There was a portion of the level where you're in a helicopter and you're acting as door gunner. Even that was FAR too close to the enemies firing at you.

I've got a headache from playing it tonight. 

This game would be so awesome if you could see what was going on.
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 02:42:29 AM »

One of the reviews, I think IGN's, said to make sure that look spring was on.  I'm not sure what it does, but I do know they were at a loss as to why it wasn't on by default.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15363


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 12:49:07 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 06, 2007, 02:42:29 AM

One of the reviews, I think IGN's, said to make sure that look spring was on.  I'm not sure what it does, but I do know they were at a loss as to why it wasn't on by default.

I'll try that...I'm not sure what it will do either.
Logged
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:30 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 06, 2007, 02:42:29 AM

One of the reviews, I think IGN's, said to make sure that look spring was on.  I'm not sure what it does, but I do know they were at a loss as to why it wasn't on by default.

I don't remember seeing that option. ATB, tell us how that works out.
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on September 06, 2007, 01:23:30 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 06, 2007, 02:42:29 AM

One of the reviews, I think IGN's, said to make sure that look spring was on.  I'm not sure what it does, but I do know they were at a loss as to why it wasn't on by default.

I don't remember seeing that option. ATB, tell us how that works out.

I've been playing with it on, and I haven't had any real complaints about the camera, although I don't think it changes the distance from the character.

Here's IGN's comment:
Quote
None of this excuses Stranglehold's most pressing issue: the camera. It becomes a considerable problem when leaping off walls or otherwise shifting your body in another direction. You have to manually adjust the camera to follow your movements, which is a real challenge in such a fast-paced game. However, if you turn on the "camera spring" option, this issue largely goes away. Why this wasn't made the default is curious, because Stranglehold is a much better game without the nagging camera concerns.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »

Multi. review. Last night, I did about an hour of multiplayer, it turned out to be lots of fun. The areas are small, with lots of and lots of obstacles objects to slide over, take cover, or destroy. Our room had six players with lots of different characters to choose from (after purchase from the Shop). Characters don't die easily, unless shot by a golden gun, in Barrage, or bullet time. Health pack are scattered throughout the lvl and respawn after a set amount of time. Guns, like the single player games, are every where. except the Golden guns and rocket Launchers. You build up your style meter by collection those paper doves, and kills. Our game required us to attack as a team to kill someone, due to the amount of bullets it takes with the regular guns. We did not play in a map where the environment could play a role in killing\injuring someone.  However I did hit a statue in the museum that fell over on me, and I did notice some damage. The part I am sure everyone wants to know about is the slow motion. When initiated the whole game goes into that mode. However the person that initiated it seems to be the superpower at that time with his bullets doing single kill damage. While you are still able to focus your fire and shoot back, your bullets don't have the same effect. There were some Matrix remarks in our game when slow mo. was initiated and players were diving into each other with guns blazing. very, very interesting especially to walk away as the victor of the encounter\duel. I noticed a move in multi. that I have not seen in the single player game, that is where the player dives onto the ground and could roles while shooting or avoiding getting shot, like (GRAW) very cool looking. The game was lots of fun, although some people was getting frustrated buy the way the game was awarding player with special powers for their kills. But all in all it was fun. nothing tactical, just run gun, destroy area and find health packs. 
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on September 07, 2007, 02:45:28 PM

Multi. review. Last night, I did about an hour of multiplayer, it turned out to be lots of fun. The areas are small, with lots of and lots of obstacles objects to slide over, take cover, or destroy. Our room had six players with lots of different characters to choose from (after purchase from the Shop). Characters don't die easily, unless shot by a golden gun, in Barrage, or bullet time. Health pack are scattered throughout the lvl and respawn after a set amount of time. Guns, like the single player games, are every where. except the Golden guns and rocket Launchers. You build up your style meter by collection those paper doves, and kills. Our game required us to attack as a team to kill someone, due to the amount of bullets it takes with the regular guns. We did not play in a map where the environment could play a role in killing\injuring someone.  However I did hit a statue in the museum that fell over on me, and I did notice some damage. The part I am sure everyone wants to know about is the slow motion. When initiated the whole game goes into that mode. However the person that initiated it seems to be the superpower at that time with his bullets doing single kill damage. While you are still able to focus your fire and shoot back, your bullets don't have the same effect. There were some Matrix remarks in our game when slow mo. was initiated and players were diving into each other with guns blazing. very, very interesting especially to walk away as the victor of the encounter\duel. I noticed a move in multi. that I have not seen in the single player game, that is where the player dives onto the ground and could roles while shooting or avoiding getting shot, like (GRAW) very cool looking. The game was lots of fun, although some people was getting frustrated buy the way the game was awarding player with special powers for their kills. But all in all it was fun. nothing tactical, just run gun, destroy area and find health packs. 

In single player, I feel like I'm going into slow-mo every couple of seconds or so.  How often does it happen in MP?
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 1312



View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

It all depends, because when ever someone initiated it the whole game goes slo mo. Trust me it aint something you would not complain about in MP, you actually wish for it. I for forgot to  mention that the games we played was be matched, however it was open communication across the board between the two teams.
Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9963


My cocaine


View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »

looks like they finally released the ps3 demo.  while i'm not massively interested in this game atm, i thought it would be useful to the 11 other ps3 owners who hang around here.
Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15523


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »

I tried for 10 minutes last night and 5 this morning to get into a multiplayer game.  I constantly received "Session is no longer available" after waiting for it to load.  Someone even invited me to a game, but then it locked up while loading.  Very annoying.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.175 seconds with 103 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.069s, 2q)