http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2016, 10:05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4/PC] Apotheon  (Read 528 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »

This is out now on PC and PS4 (currently free for Feb with PS+). 

What is it?  A sidescrolling action game set in a stylized Greek world in search of treasures to aid in your fight against the gods and the mythical creatures that inhabit it.  Combat is a more measured system with stamina concerns, different equipment types with their own attack styles. 

I played up through the first area and opened up the main hub location then explored an area and took down a chimera and a bunch of satyrs.  So far, the combat is nice and rewarding and seeing your spear arc and kill a soldier over his shield is pretty slick.  Stealth is also pretty well balanced and you can easily take out an enemy if you get close or have the right arrows.  for whatever reason, some of the weapons are specced for backstab damage and do a ton more damage than regular weapons.

There is a crafting system and you can both buy items and the recipe to make them yourself.  I haven't tried this much but you can craft traps, Greek fire and healing.  Not sure what the unlocks yet but I am working towards a mythical bow. 

So far, it looks pretty slick and has decent voice acting. 

hitbyambulance
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »

it's by the same people who made Capsized, so i'll be getting this at some point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: