http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 03:10:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: Force Unleashed... on the Wii!!!  (Read 934 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »

From the front page!

all I have to say is:

OMG OMG OMG OMG GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<insert panting smiley here>
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:29:35 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:52:17 PM »

Didn't we already determine this game was going to suck? I just hope they do it justice, i'd love to have this for the Wii, but i don't have high hopes...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »

"Star Wars: Forced Unleashed... on the Wii!!!" AKA Wii made a mistake with leaving out the SW:FU Wiivision.

I bet I'll have to be a right-handed Jedi. FU, indeed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 06:58:56 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

hmm....think i will stick to the 360 version

although the wiisabre will rock,this wasnt the game i wanted it for...i was thinking more jedi knight,proper FPS...not TPS,same with lego star wars

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 18, 2007, 07:08:48 PM

although the wiisabre will rock,this wasnt the game i wanted it for...i was thinking more jedi knight,proper FPS...not TPS,same with lego star wars

How would you do FPS with a lightsaber game?  Nunchuck would be for movement but you couldn't use the Wiimote for camera/gun control like you do in Metroid because the Wiimote is controlling the lightsaber which would be too spastic to tie the camera too.  3rd person makes more sense because you can go with fixed camera control. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »

It's a game I'd wait for reviews before I ponied up and bought it.
If the controls were implemented well I'd definitely be IN for this! Hell, even if it ended up playing like a GF:Black Hand with the added ability to force jump, I'd be happy. And I'm talking about play mechanics here not content; not thinking of a game where Jedi's can shake down Naboo merchants.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:57:06 PM »

Star Trek : The Force Unwiished!

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 08:01:50 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 18, 2007, 07:32:58 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 18, 2007, 07:08:48 PM

How would you do FPS with a lightsaber game?  Nunchuck would be for movement but you couldn't use the Wiimote for camera/gun control like you do in Metroid because the Wiimote is controlling the lightsaber which would be too spastic to tie the camera too.  3rd person makes more sense because you can go with fixed camera control. 

you do it like resi 4...when you want to tilt the camera up,you hold Z button on the nunchuck and then point where you wanna look,...use the d-pad on the wiimote to swap from lightsabre to gun(perhaps) and then use the trigger to fire the weapon(obviously)....but i would use the lightsabre to deflect shots from the enemy...it could be coool,if you see those shots coming at you and you deflect them with a wave of your hand..

when you have the lightsabre equipped,press hold of the trigger and make a vertical slash(or perhaps horizontal) through the air with the wiimote to throw your lightsabre at your enemies like you did in KOTOR(throwing the lightsabre i mean,not the wiimote thing)...maybe letting go of the trigger as you throw,kinda like the wii ten pin bowling in wii sports

on the D-pad....up-equip nothing,so in effect means using the force..push etc,left/right -certain weapons.....A button equip/unequip lightsabre

1+2 buttons for the menus etc

force push,when used could be equipped and then use the same action as throwing the lightsabre...or picking something up with the force and then using the wiimote to throw it about in the direction you want,hitting enemies with a big block or something by waving the wiimote over to where they are standing

i dont think it could be too hard to make this game

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:33 PM »

With this game I will have reached the pinnacle, the top, the summit of all of that is geek within me.  I will finally be able to stand in my living room and wield that lightsaber, proud to be a Jedi Knight.  All those years of battling my son with plastic light sabers will finally pay off.

Jedi Master Starshifter.

Has a nice ring to it.  nod

Take that Darth PeteRock!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »

Metal, if you want to advocate RE4 style controls then I stand by my contention that third person view is going to be superior to first person for that scenario.  Heck the Jedi Knight games even switched the third person when wielding the lightsaber. 
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »

Ok, so I hold one wii-saber in my left hand, one wii-saber in my right, and control the nunchuck with... um...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »

Force Unleashed, not Forced!

I don't know if I feel comfortable seeing "forced," "leashed," and "wii" written by CeeKay in the same sentence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 18, 2007, 08:21:36 PM

Force Unleashed, not Forced!

I don't know if I feel comfortable seeing "forced," "leashed," and "wii" written by CeeKay in the same sentence.

heh, I was a Wii bit excited when I created the topic....

Because I can,
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on September 18, 2007, 08:03:33 PM

With this game I will have reached the pinnacle, the top, the summit of all of that is geek within me.  I will finally be able to stand in my living room and wield that lightsaber, proud to be a Jedi Knight.  All those years of battling my son with plastic light sabers will finally pay off.

Jedi Master Starshifter.

Isn't the game about playing a Dark Jedi, Shifty?  I thought you were a light-side kinda guy?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 18, 2007, 08:06:27 PM

Metal, if you want to advocate RE4 style controls then I stand by my contention that third person view is going to be superior to first person for that scenario.  Heck the Jedi Knight games even switched the third person when wielding the lightsaber. 

not gonna be as cool then as it could be...maybe over the shoulder like resi 4 at a push,but anything else aint gonna grab my attention for the wii...it needs to be precise,if its third person it wont play out as good swinging the wiimote round...i mean if third person why dont they just bring out another battlefront game for the Wii,get your kicks from there playing as heroes....nothing new

imagine having lightsabre duels in first person with the wiimote....it could rule everything,as long as they nail the controls,unlike red steel
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:21:01 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 09:37:54 PM »

while the news is cool, i always thought that the system's limitations would keep it from being made.  either they have really brought the wii up/lowered the requirements for the engine, or this has been scaled back from the big brother versions. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:03:46 PM »

Isn't the game about playing a Dark Jedi, Shifty?  I thought you were a light-side kinda guy?

were going to find out just how hardcore shifty is when he passes on the game because of this smile  and we all thought walking in an rpg was insane... smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on September 18, 2007, 08:03:33 PM

Jedi Master Starshifter.

they both look the same  icon_wink

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2007, 12:34:04 AM

they both look the same  icon_wink

Yeah, both like a 'image hosted by Angelfire' moniker. Tongue

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: