http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:35:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront in stores (or at least in store)  (Read 820 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

I went to Best Buy today, having heard on GameFAQs that some stores were getting Battlefront today.  Nothing.  I returned to the car, then I thought, "Well, maybe I'll call."  Sure enough, the guy said, "Oh, yeah.  We have 'em."  Now I figured he was an idiot, 'cause I hadn't seen them, and I always love letting people know they're idiots (in as nice a way as possible), but more importantly, there was the What-If Factor.  I said I'd just called.  He said, "Wait a minute," disappeared for a bit, then returned with a copy ready to go.  I kept waiting for someone somewhere between him and my car to say, "Wait, we can't sell that yet" (which has happened to me before), but I made it all the way home.  Now I just wait 'til my baby goes in for her nap, and I'm on.  Woo-hoo!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 08:17:19 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I went to Best Buy today, having heard on GameFAQs that some stores were getting Battlefront today.

They have to get them today...they go on sale with the Trilogy DVD at midnight tonight in some locations and tomorrow morning for sure.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 04:23:20 AM »

I'm sure most stores had it today, but the street date is Tuesday, so they officially shouldn't sell them (thus the midnight selling).  And not all Best Buys are open at midnight.  Mine, for example, was not.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: