http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 01:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II on the PSP  (Read 1095 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:25:29 PM »

Probably old news but for anyone who missed it:

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/101.html
Developed by Savage Entertainment, Star Wars Battlefront II for PSP is similar to its recently announced console counterpart (see below) with space combat, playable Jedi, and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith content, yet it still boasts several distinct features meant to embrace the “on-the-go” nature of a handheld system. The game includes several unique mini-campaigns as opposed to the much longer campaign seen on consoles. Players can join the Rebellion as a smuggler, work for themselves as a mercenary for hire, or use their Imperial sniping skills to rid the galaxy of pesky species like Jawas, Ewoks and Gungans. Wi-Fi compatibility permits up to four players to join in at once, either cooperatively or competitively, and they can also partake in classic Instant Action mode to fight their favorite Star Wars battles any way they want to.

I'd like to see the DS pull something like that off..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:10:53 AM »

I am excited for this game, but like everything else with the PSP the lack of games is hurting it for me.  I know the 6-12 months for good games to be released, but the utter lack of anything down the pipe is just a little dis-heartening

All that and I still love my PSP.  Just finished a few rounds of Hot Shots Golf.  I'm not a golf fan, but I am loving it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:51:57 AM »

Not sold on the PSP for shooters with only 1 analog stick, nub or whatever its called.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 12:00:15 PM »

Yeah, Hot Shots is fun.
How far have you gotten? I unlocked the third course the other day and it is brutal.

I don't know...seems like some good stuff on the way to me: Colin McRae, GT4, Burnout Legends, Midnight Club (plenty of racing stuff). Gripshift, Frantix...There's also tons of stuff that looks good, but just isn't my thing (GTA, Daxter, Death Jr., Pursuit Force, Infected, etc)

Battlefront sounds interesting, though I haven't seen the fiirst.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 01:32:16 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Not sold on the PSP for shooters with only 1 analog stick, nub or whatever its called.

What if you sort of reversed it, and had circle/square/triangle/X as your forward/back/strafe movement, the nubbin for your mouselook, D-pad for weapon select, and R-trigger for shooting?  The analog vs digital input would be the same as a mouse w/WASD, but would it be too hard to get used to playing sort of left handed?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 01:32:54 PM »

I just unlocked my third course and my third playable character.  Yeah, I am loving HotShots Golf alot.  Heck, I just got my first double eagle last nite!!! Keep coming close on hole in ones, but no luck yet

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »

Any new games on the PSP sounds cool!

As for Hot Shots, I am one frickin star from unlocking the 4th course... last night, coming up to the last hole I'm leading the tourney at -1, with the closest competitor at +2 so I think... yeah, this is happening! But then I get to the last hole.. it's got the green up on a plateau, with rocks and a drop into the ocean short of it, and a big sand trap behind. I hit the ball short not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES into the water... I get a "give up" on the hole and finish the tourney at +7... in last place. Aieeeeeeeeeeeee!

Great game though!

Edit to add: I've gotten one hole-in-one, and of course, it was a masterful shot! smile Love the save function so you can re-live your past glory!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 05:03:31 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
Quote from: "Jumangi"

What if you sort of reversed it, and had circle/square/triangle/X as your forward/back/strafe movement, the nubbin for your mouselook, D-pad for weapon select, and R-trigger for shooting?  The analog vs digital input would be the same as a mouse w/WASD, but would it be too hard to get used to playing sort of left handed?

Guess it would be "playable" that way, although I am used to the reverse of that for movement/aiming in console shooters. Also don't really like the thought of using 4 seperate buttons for movement.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 05:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
I'd like to see the DS pull something like that off..

I'd like to see the PSP pull off something as original as Kirbys Canvas Curse...  :wink:

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 10:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "Charlatan"
Any new games on the PSP sounds cool!

As for Hot Shots, I am one frickin star from unlocking the 4th course... last night, coming up to the last hole I'm leading the tourney at -1, with the closest competitor at +2 so I think... yeah, this is happening! But then I get to the last hole.. it's got the green up on a plateau, with rocks and a drop into the ocean short of it, and a big sand trap behind. I hit the ball short not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES into the water... I get a "give up" on the hole and finish the tourney at +7... in last place. Aieeeeeeeeeeeee!

Great game though!

Edit to add: I've gotten one hole-in-one, and of course, it was a masterful shot! smile Love the save function so you can re-live your past glory!

Yeah...I started off a tourney with 2 birdies the other day, then proceeded to hit two triple bogeys and a +4 (because of OOB shots just like you). The funny thing was when I wasnt hitting the ball OOB  made some splendid shots.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: