http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 06:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Review  (Read 1133 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:07:51 PM »

Well, as posted on the front page, I've posted my review of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on the PS2.

If you've played it, or have any questions, post away. I'll be here to answer what I can.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 07:55:53 PM »

Nice review!  
I'm really enjoying the story so far in Star Ocean.  At first, I thought the cutscenes were overly long, but they're done so well it's almost like watching a good anime flick.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 08:30:18 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
Nice review!  
I'm really enjoying the story so far in Star Ocean.  At first, I thought the cutscenes were overly long, but they're done so well it's almost like watching a good anime flick.

Exactly. The constant cuts, camera changes, and even the fancy focusing effect they use all really draw you in during the cutscenes. The great voice acting helps a ton as well.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 01:21:03 AM »

The good voice acting, except for some of the female leads (I'm looking at you Sophia, Peppita, and Nel's gang of squeaky women. But not you, Nel!). Yikes. I don't know why they think that, if the Japanese VA lead had a high-pitched way of speaking, they automatically have to emulate it in English as well. It just comes of sounding wrong.

I'm now trying to juggle between Fable, Star Ocean, and Phantom Brave. I don't know how I'll manage to put Shadow Hearts 2 and Growlanser in there, come week after next. Oh, right and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne a week after that.

Why couldn't they spread some of the wealth for the summer months? Why cram it all in there now?

Damn lack of time.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 07:48:04 AM »

The thing I'm most impressed with, graphics-wise, is the detail in the cities.  Every house/shop looks different as is packed with stuff.  I often spend several minutes just looking around the different buildings at all the objects, many of which are unique to each building.  I also love how you can see outside through the windows and the snow the blows in when the doors are open.  It makes the game seem more connected, rather than making a clear break between exteriors and interiors.

It seems like the reviews that have come out now, such as CG's and AVault's are giving the game higher scores than some of the earlier, more average reviews.  I'm glad to see the game get better scores.  From what I've played, it's definitely a great game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 09:54:50 PM »

Just wanted to tell you that is another fantastic review, Tim!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: