http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 11:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Ocean Need Help!!!  (Read 820 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »

okay so i finally decided to pick this up used

i brought home a copy last night and it ran fine, the opening "hotel walkaround" was fine etc etc.  then when i get to the battle simulator i select the battles and the game locks up - Loading data from disc ...

then it just stops.  i figure this is a problem with the used game i got, so today i exchanged it for another one and the same problem, at the same place.  my ps2 is brand new, no other game has had a problem - what gives?  is this a known glitch? any way i can get around it?  i really want to play this, preferably tonight!  help!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 01:22:09 AM »

Doopri

I just purchased the game about a month ago and haven't have any such lock ups. I do seem to recall that that section did take some time to load though. My PS2 is only about 7 months old so it's likely the same series as yours.
Interesting enought I had a similar problem with Crimson Skies on the XBox trying to load saved games; after 3 exchanges at EB I finally gave up. I then bought the game again about 1 1/2 years later and it loaded saves without a hitch?? Go figure!  retard
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »

I recommend just getting a new copy. Sounds like a scratch on the disc-as for the hotel walkthrough, my god was that a BAD BAD way to start the game. Made me quit frown
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »

i have the game and from what i remember i definetly got past the battle simulator...and where i got up to(some mines with dragons i think..not sure)i hadnt had any lock ups...just get a new copy,if it still happens,then it maybe yer ps2

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »

I think Star Ocean uses dual-layer DVDs.  I've heard of older PS2s having a problem with them, but not new ones.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »

still cant get it - i even tried switching my tray speeds... nothing

i dont want to get a new one in case it happens again.  this is the 2nd used one - doesnt look to have deep major scratches.  maybe the combination of used and dual layer who knows but the fact that it happened at the same place makes me think my ps2 just doesnt want to read it.  the thing is brand new and everything else runs like a charm, quick loads etc so im not about mess with my laser placement or anything like that.  im bummed too i really wanted to play!!! frown
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »

You could try asking at the dedicated Star Ocean forum at GameFAQs.  Someone else might have had the same problem.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:54 PM »

took it back frown *tear*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: