http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:21:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSX: World Tour Demo...  (Read 1069 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2005, 11:56:02 PM »

I just played the SSX World Tour demo on the PS2 and I have to say this game looks pretty much like SSX 3.  The graphics are better, but the gameplay remains pretty much the same.  Whether that is good or bad of course is up to the individual... Its fun, big air moves still look cool and it is fast.  On the demo there is a free style competition and a race.  I love the freestyle competition, always have in SSX.  However, I still hate the races, it just isnt very fun to me.  I'd much rather compete for points (Amped).  If you like SSX 3, I'm sure you'll like World Tour as well.  I'm going to wait and see on this one before I recommend it to anyone.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:55:53 AM »

I'm all about the freestyle.  I hate the races as well.  What exactly is upgraded in this version?  I felt they kept adding too many new hyper/crazy/uber moves and stripping the fun out of the game with each new layer they add to the trick meter.  I seem to like Tricky (or even the original) more than the third game.  That said I'll probably still pick it up since I'm sure it will be enjoyable, even if for just a short while.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 06:27:53 AM »

I played it and I love it as much as I loved the previous 3. I'm pretty thrilled they finally included make a player and the skis are a nice touch too. I'm definitely getting the game when it hits the shelves next month.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 02:56:27 PM »

I've always loved the racing, but hated the trick portions.  The racing has always been great, with the boosts, shortcuts, etc.  I enjoy doing tricks during the race, but have never had any big desire to just try and rack up points without a goal at the end of a race.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
I've always loved the racing, but hated the trick portions.  The racing has always been great, with the boosts, shortcuts, etc.  I enjoy doing tricks during the race, but have never had any big desire to just try and rack up points without a goal at the end of a race.

I wish you lived nearby.  We could just trade the memory card back and forth beating our respective areas of expertise!

Oh yeah, I'm bummed about the lack of online play.  At least Amped 3 will bring it.  Amped is a fun game in its own right, but I think the zany antics of SSX would make for some great evenings of Live play.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 01:23:51 AM »

I wish you lived nearby. We could just trade the memory card back and forth beating our respective areas of expertise!

Ha, good idea, to bad we aren't close smile.  I could never get into Amped without the racing.  I'm not a Tony Hawk fan either as you can probably guess.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 02:24:31 AM »

I got my demo disk today too.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 06:40:29 PM »

Sadly, the thing I hated about SSX3 was the big trumpeted change that seems doesn't seem to be going away:  the big mountain.  Not every game has to be like GTA.  They ruined the last Need For Speed with that concept.  And they're doing it to the next Tony Hawk game, too.  Frankly, I don't want to be able to "skate all of LA that we were able to render..."  especially if it means I don't get the fun variety of locations from the previous games.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

I got a little sick of it after the second game-it just got very repetitive for me. I never even tried 3-I would like to see this demo though.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 08:19:48 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Sadly, the thing I hated about SSX3 was the big trumpeted change that seems doesn't seem to be going away:  the big mountain.  Not every game has to be like GTA.  They ruined the last Need For Speed with that concept.  And they're doing it to the next Tony Hawk game, too.  Frankly, I don't want to be able to "skate all of LA that we were able to render..."  especially if it means I don't get the fun variety of locations from the previous games.

I feel the same way, the navigation of SSX3 was kind of a pain in the ass, and I dont want to do a 30 minute race.  If you lose, that is a half hour of time wasted.  I also feel the same about the new Tony Hawk, though I do think there will be some sort of variety in the levels.  I hope there is a Hollywood area that is a bunch of movie sets you can skate on (sort of like the Aggressive Inline Hollywood level).  I'm just glad they are ditching the whole "Underground" thing.  Bam Margera gets on my nerves after a while, like as in right when he opens his mouth.  I can handle him in real life, but I hated him in the past Tony Hawk game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: