http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 12:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Squenix announces Brave Fencer Musashi 2 + DS game  (Read 2697 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2004, 06:32:24 AM »

Square Enix has announced that they are working on a sequel to the PSOne action-RPG Brave Fencer Musashi.  1Up has details and screenshots.  

Also, SE announced that they will have a Nintendo DS game playable at E3.  I doubt it, but it would be great if it were the rumored port of Actraiser, perhaps with the action stage on one screen, and the town building on the other?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »

Also, SE announced that they will have a Nintendo DS game playable at E3. I doubt it, but it would be great if it were the rumored port of Actraiser, perhaps with the action stage on one screen, and the town building on the other?

That would be pretty interesting... Use the touch screen for town building.

I was hoping we'd see a true sequel to FFT... Just imagine how smooth a tactics game would be with a touch screen (and another screen at your disposal!)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 09:03:12 PM »

I think that the true power of the DS is really only going to be exploited by RPGs.  I am just having a hard time thinking of any other game type that would really benifit from a second persistent screen.  Anyone?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 12:20:41 AM »

I get the feeling they didn't end up showing their DS game...
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 02:43:23 AM »

I think that the true power of the DS is really only going to be exploited by RPGs. I am just having a hard time thinking of any other game type that would really benifit from a second persistent screen. Anyone?

I actually have a few ideas for the use of a second screen. I've got the good ones written down somewhere.

For instance, imagine a Zelda game like OoT, two different time periods. Now imagine if on one screen you have past and on the other you have present. That alone opens up ALL kinds of possibilities for puzzles, move or destroy something in the past and watch it take effect in the present. And even more interesting you could make the puzzles naturally occuring, doing something to an object that would cause erosion or something(make the player think.) This could be extended to boss battles and all kinds of stuff.

You could even go further with that, and instead of different time frames you have different dimensions. Then you could have a more "real-time" deal where you can directly affect one dimension, instead of an indirect change as in the lapse of time. Also, both dimensions could affect the other adding a whole new level of gameplay.

I won't go into further detail. It'd take too long and I don't feel like collating my thoughts slywink  That is just the tip of the iceberg, though.

The only limit to what you can do is your imagination!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 09:45:17 AM »

The DS game Square Enix announced at E3 was called Egg Hunters (I think) and is some sort of RPG.  They also announced plans for a new FF Crystal Chronicles game and a new Dragon Warrior Monsters game for the DS.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: