http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spore Creature Creator to be released on June 17th (PICS!)  (Read 8956 times)
Orgull
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »

Didn't want anyone to miss out. Recently EA sent 50 copies of the Creature Creator to "Sporelebrities" (including Stan Lee and Elijah Wood) and the creatures they are coming up with are amazing. On Tuesday the 17th, you'll get your chance too. EA is releasing a free limited version of the Creature Creator online and offering a $10 full version online and in stores.

Spore Creature Creator Available Worldwide June 17 Official EA annoucement.

The Sporepedia where you can see the now over 700 creatures that have been uploaded. Yikes!

The Youtube Official Spore Channel with videos of gameplay, creatures, trailers etc. Down below the official uploads you can see videos of user created creatures in action!

I can't WAIT to play SPORE. September 7th is so far away... sigh. (For the three people on Earth who are asking "What's a SPORE?"... SPORE)

EDIT: Here's some screenshots to whet your appetites!

By orgull

By orgull

By orgull

By orgull

By orgull
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:34:39 PM by Orgull » Logged

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »

I want this game so bad... my teeth hurt.  crybaby

I have the Creature Creator pre-ordered. It comes out on my wedding anniversary (but will probably take a couple of days to ship via Amazon.com). Hopefully they don't pull one of those "push back the ship date because we suck" things. Worst case scenario, I can always use Direct2Drive to get it on day 1.

I wondered how all those creatures got up on the Sporepedia! Cool, I wonder if Stan Lee made one... should look like the cross between a Spider and a Man... like some sort of Man-Spider or Spider-like Man.

Bael
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:59:55 AM »

*DROOL*

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 07:02:39 PM »

There are now over 2000 creatures in the Sporepedia. Including several penis creatures which will undoubtedly be deleted soon.

EDIT: Make that almost 10,000! HOLY CRAP  retard

Sadly a pirated version of the Creature Creator has gotten out and already countless thousands are using it. Can't upload without an official EA account though, so there should be an explosion of new creatures and videos on tuesday when it's "official".

Also there are now over 1400 user created creture videos on the Youtube Spore channel. Yikes!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:10:44 PM by Orgull » Logged

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »

Strangely I have zero interest in this. Maybe the previews can change my mind.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »

I have mixed feelings: it does look rather cartoony, too cartoony frankly, like I'd be making Hello Kitty or My Little Pony creatures. OTOH, that may conceal a depth of options and customizations that appeal to the micromanager in me: creating a being with certain Octopus-like attributes to crush the pathetic Overlords and their monstrous cruelties.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »

I can't decide if I'm interested in Spore or not.  The concept is certainly intriguing, but I just can't shake the feeling that the scope will be far greater than the execution.  It's got a Black & White vibe that makes me leery.  If the reviews are good, however, I'll certainly check it out.

Quote from: baelthazar on June 13, 2008, 11:39:15 PM

It comes out on my wedding anniversary...

My anniversary is on the 17th as well.   thumbsup 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:15:47 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on June 14, 2008, 08:34:03 PM

creating a being with certain Octopus-like attributes to crush the pathetic Overlords and their monstrous cruelties.

You read my mind... you read my mind.

And happy shared anniversary Gratch!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 03:40:30 AM »

Its out on the net now if you look for it I hear.I haven't.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »

Quote from: Orgull on June 14, 2008, 07:02:39 PM

There are now over 2000 creatures in the Sporepedia. Including several penis creatures which will undoubtedly be deleted soon.

Here's mine (Warning: NSFW). Er..I mean, it would be if I were a dirty pirate. And, I assure you I'm not. Nope.

Oh, by the way, I, er, heard that this version is not the full creature creator, but actually the demo that will be coming out for free this month. It is lacking the majority of the body parts, etc. So, you know...

I heard that from a friend. Not a good friend! Oh no, more of an acquaintance. I don't even like him. Arr. Er, I mean, nope.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:26:55 AM by Kyosho » Logged
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »

I think you are mentally unstable if you automatically make a phallic creature. Now a creature with giant boobs...   icon_razz thumbsup

Bael
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »

Quote from: baelthazar on June 15, 2008, 07:20:00 AM

I think you are mentally unstable if you automatically make a phallic creature. Now a creature with giant boobs...   icon_razz thumbsup

Bael

The guys on the GFW Radio podcast seem to always mention making phallic creatures when they talk about Spore. Not about ones they've made, but about ones they're certain a lot of people will make. That is why ...my non-friend made that one. Just to see how well it could be done.  icon_wink

Edit: That guy I don't like? Yeah I told him what you said. He made you this.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:25:36 AM by Kyosho » Logged
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

Now that's what I'm talking about! The phallic stuff reminds me of Superbad - "I just kept drawing penises!"

On another note, I cancelled my Amazon.com preorder and got the Direct2Drive Creature Creator. Amazon shipping can be wonky with stuff like this, and I just know it is going to be a huge box to hold a tiny sleeve with a CD. The last thing I need is another sleeve CD and a cardboard box. And I hate to be stuck waiting on the mailman to come to deliver stuff - I would much rather DL the thing at my own leisure.

Bael
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »

Just a funny thought... I am waiting for the inevitable Fox New story that states "NEW GAME where KIDS create PHALLIC creatures and direct them to have FULL-FRONTAL SEX with each other (and maybe BLUE LESBIAN ALIENS)."

Yeah, evolution and full control over creating your creature... the religious right is going to HATE this game.

Bael
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 04:40:14 PM »

Slight derail, how is Direct-2-Drive anyways? I'm currently using 3 different game download services (Steam, Stardock, and GamersGate) and I'm somewhat reluctant to add a fourth, but I want the creature creator.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:22 PM »

On purpose, I avoided reading much about Spore so as not to develop unfulfilled expectations of the game and now I'm not sure at all what I'd be getting with the game: an RTS? an RPG? a new "Black & White"? A new "SimEarth"?

Time to take off the blinkers and go to the intraweb!!

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on June 15, 2008, 03:22:59 PM

Yeah, evolution and full control over creating your creature... the religious right is going to HATE this game.

I can't WAIT. I used to be one of the religious right until I pulled my head out of my ass and I can just imagine what kind of apoplexy a game about evolution is going to cause amongst my former compatriots.

I wonder which messed up country will ban SPORE first?  icon_lol

Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »

Here's Hydromancerx's review of the SPORE Creature Creator (from GamingSteve.com)

Ok now having played with the Creature Creator for many hours and re-created many of my creatures. I must say I am quite impressed. Compared to the old E3 2006 editor this is much MUCH easier to use and 10x as addictive. I had my sister (12th grade) and little cuz (5th grade) each play and with little to no help they were able to create creatures and really get into it too. Getting my sister to even try was like pulling teeth but now she was telling all of our family (aunts, uncles, cousins) about her creature because she made it. My little cuz knew about Spore but did not understand it until he played it. He is a guy so he instantly made an evil looking bug while my sister made a cute flowery humanoid kitty person. I must say this is one versatile game! And this is just the editor!

Likewise I have been trying to recreate creatures I drew for the last few years and I have been able to make just about every one except for say true aquatic or flying creatures. I am also impressed by the painting part. Using those 3 layers i am able to get many more colors than I thought i would be able to archive.

All i have to say is the CC has exceeded my expectations and my expectations were really high to begin with. While not everything is easy to make for complex creatures, if you play with enough you can pull off something fairly close. I have used 3D Studio Max and a tiny bit of Maya and while those programs can do a lot more its a lot harder to do. Spore makes it easy for anyone in much much quicker time. As you can tell from all the creatures I have made vs how many 3D rendering in 3DS Max I do you can obviously see what I prefer to use. In short great job you guys!

So I give it 4 Naucean thumbs up (because they have 4 thumbs)!  

Pat yourself on the back Spore team becuase you deserve it.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on June 15, 2008, 05:23:22 PM

On purpose, I avoided reading much about Spore so as not to develop unfulfilled expectations of the game and now I'm not sure at all what I'd be getting with the game: an RTS? an RPG? a new "Black & White"? A new "SimEarth"?

Time to take off the blinkers and go to the intraweb!!

It's a little bit of everything.  The first stage is supposed to play like a Feeding Frenzy-type game where you devour everything smaller than you, the second stage has you fighting (or befriending) creatures one-on-one, the third stage is an RTS where you control your tribe, while the fourth stage plays out among the many planets.  Throughout the stages, you have control over designing creatures, buildings, vehicles, etc. using the creators, and the other creatures/tribes you see will be those made by other players.

The demo is available now at FileFront.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:24:22 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on June 15, 2008, 05:23:22 PM

To put it simply: Yes.

biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:59 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 15, 2008, 10:15:43 PM

The demo is available now at FileFront.

Thank you for posting this! Now it's time to make my own peni... I mean creatures.

Seriously, this game should be called Pac-Obliv-and Conquer-Gal-Civia. It starts sorta Pac-Man arcade like with the one cell organism, goes to an RPG where you control one sort of animal creature, turns to a Tribe RTS or Sim-City style, becomes a Civilization builder and then ends with Space exploration. You can't really get bored with all those options. I am least excited about the one-cell stage, but hopefully it isn't too twitch based.

Bael
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 01:01:26 AM »

So the demo is rather limited, but still awesome beyond words.

So, does anyone know what this is based off of? I made this to see if anyone can identify it! I really needed an Herbivore mouth though...

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 01:05:37 AM by baelthazar » Logged
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 01:51:11 AM »

I can't place it. But it does look extremely familiar.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 03:38:19 AM »

Little hint, the fingers should be on the lips, but the creator is not that flexible. Also... the brain of this creature is NOT in those heads... I also didn't post the picture of it cowering, which would have been a BIG hint. Lastly, it is a soulless bastard (which is a big hint for those that know).  slywink

Bael
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 04:13:05 AM »

OMG OMG OMG. It is so much more fun than I expected. I'm trying the free trial version now and it's a blast!

Here's a shot of my first creature, only took 20 minutes. His name is Rex.  icon_cool

By orgull

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 04:42:56 AM »

**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**

I shudder to think what other stuff we'll see get created with this thing:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-689194118682834081

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 04:46:51 AM »

Quote from: Dimmona on June 16, 2008, 04:42:56 AM

**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**

Only the perverts of the world could've designed something so...horrifying.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 04:51:32 AM »

icon_eek  retard  mad

(shakes fist)

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 05:54:27 AM »

Ok, maybe I don't get it, but why are they making people pay for the creator, that should come free with the game?

I refuse to be hyped up by this game. I mean, I'll eventually buy it, but I got burned by Black & White, and this has the same vibe. The game will only be good as the sum of all its parts. Don't forget, the media praised Black & White, sites gave the game top reviews, but when it actually came to playing, the game just wasn't that great. It does seem like an interesting game, but the media exposure on this is already making me feel like I've already played it and tired of it. That doesn't bode well and I just wonder how much longevity the game will have.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 06:00:16 AM »

That took time... time that could have been spent NOT being perverts.

Here are some more I did. This is more fun that I have has in years!

My favorite:

And one for all the Octopus Overlords out there:

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 06:01:56 AM »

**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**

We are truly in a golden age of gaming.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 06:04:22 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on June 16, 2008, 05:54:27 AM

Ok, maybe I don't get it, but why are they making people pay for the creator, that should come free with the game?
I'm with you there. EA did it with the BF: Bad Company Demo (but only for a short period of time) and now this. It may be a powerful editor, but... it'll still be part of the $50 game in September.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 07:24:40 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on June 16, 2008, 06:04:22 AM

Quote from: Rumpy on June 16, 2008, 05:54:27 AM

I'm with you there. EA did it with the BF: Bad Company Demo (but only for a short period of time) and now this. It may be a powerful editor, but... it'll still be part of the $50 game in September.

because they can?

I think of it as a demo I can have fun with, and play part of a game I really want, several months before release...

A new one
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »

**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**
**Not Work Safe**

If people(?) don't stop doing that sort of thing and putting their insanity on display, EA is going to cancel the damn game.  Or more likely just eliminate player controlled creature creation.  Which would be shame for those of us who want the ability make creatures that aren't giant penises.  Or vaginas.  Or boobs.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 09:00:54 AM »

I quickly recreated two creatures that should be familiar to most of you: (note: these were taken at rather low detail)

For a limited demo version, this trial is pretty damned flexible.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:26 AM »

Stupid, stupid rat creatures!
Wilko
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »

Quote from: baelthazar on June 16, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

So, does anyone know what this is based off of? I made this to see if anyone can identify it! I really needed an Herbivore mouth though...

Hindmost?

Interested in this but will wait and watch
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »

Holy Christ, is this thing fun!    eek

A little hint that took me forever to figure out in case anyone is as dumb as me (which is doubtful):  You can control the thickness of just about anything by selecting it and scrolling your mouse wheel.  This includes each individual vertebrae of the creature's spine - which corresponds to that part of the body.

I have a feeling this game is going to sell a shit-ton of copies when released.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Hyperion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »

Quote from: Wilko on June 16, 2008, 10:00:24 AM

Quote from: baelthazar on June 16, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

Hindmost?

Interested in this but will wait and watch

I think you are right, but the correct name is Pierson Puppeteer.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »

The visual style was looking less and less appealing to me, but then I saw Purple Tentacle and now I don't know how I can resist taking over the universe with an army of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: