http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:45:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Splinter cell:CT  (Read 1242 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:16:38 PM »

After getting my oxm with the review and after lasts months disk with the demo on it. I`m going to throw down and grab this one on day one. The single player, co-op, and mp all look great. It looks to be a whole lot of gaming for your dollar! Anyone else looking forward to this"all of a sudden". I liked the first 2, and it looks like I`ll LOVE this one.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:45:21 PM »

I pre-ordered this the other day. Only the second time I have ever done that. So that says something about how excited I am about it.

I enjoyed the first two and this one looks to be very much improved. Can't wait to stealth around as Sam Fisher again.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:49:12 AM »

I enjoyed the first one, but burned out a lot on the second one. The rigidity in the mission structure and the lack of freedom of choice regarding how I played through a given mission all really started to anger me.

The multiplayer was sheer genious, but playing it with random people was awful.

That being said after playing the demo I'm looking forward to the new one. Everything I hear seems to say they've given the player far more input on how they'd like to approach a level. I look forward to the first few reviews. If I hear mention of so much as one "Don't kill anyone" level, I'll pass and be perfectly ok without the game.

If I find out there's no levels with that kind of strict rule in place, then I'll buy it then and there.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:56:09 AM »

I honestly never really liked either of the first two. The gameplay was way too rigid for me, the controls a tad clunky, and the combat portions unexciting. I have had the demo for this installed for several weeks, but I have yet to try it.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 12:56:09 PM »

I played the original and didn't see what all the fus was about.

It was good but not the world ending amazing game of a  life time that everyone says it is.

I skipped the 2nd...don't even know what it was called.

The 3rd got a 9.9!?

It must be something.  Still, I'll have to wait and see.

Of course, OXM thinks Halo2 is the greatest thing to ever happen in life wheras I found it to be a B to B+ at best...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 09:02:02 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
I enjoyed the first one, but burned out a lot on the second one. The rigidity in the mission structure and the lack of freedom of choice regarding how I played through a given mission all really started to anger me.

The multiplayer was sheer genious, but playing it with random people was awful.

That being said after playing the demo I'm looking forward to the new one. Everything I hear seems to say they've given the player far more input on how they'd like to approach a level. I look forward to the first few reviews. If I hear mention of so much as one "Don't kill anyone" level, I'll pass and be perfectly ok without the game.

If I find out there's no levels with that kind of strict rule in place, then I'll buy it then and there.

I guess I`m the only one who liked those missions...it is a stealth game you know :wink: . I can certainly understand though, why some people would NOT like those parts/missions of the game.

They did seem to make all of the adjustments that I`ve been waiting for, so I`m crossing my fingers. And I agree about the MP, it rocked. Playing with strangers, not so fun...This time I have a few friends on live who love this game and will be all over it and ready to team up alot. Plus, the co-op looks insanely fun.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 09:17:59 PM »

The first SC disappointed me as well, and while SC:PT was better the single player portion was entirely too linear - it became a puzzle game in later levels.  The saving grace though was the awesome multiplayer component.

The latest SC is supposed to have fixed most of the linearity issues of the previous games, while retaining the awesome multiplayer portion - I can't wait to see if they actually pulled it off.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 12:20:10 AM »

i thought the original SC was a great game...enjoyed every minute of it, and i've played through a couple times now.  SC:PT was a decent game, but i don't think it was as good as the first.  like others have said, PT was very linear, and i don't think it had as many cool action moments as the original...no running through burning buildings or dangling outside windows while a room is invaded.  while i did have a good time playing PT, i really hope they mix things up again for CT...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 01:04:38 AM »

I actually found the demo a little too easy, and some of my friends think so too (they played both the original and PT).

Although things were probably made a little easier in the demo, it's a little too easy to take out people if they spot you now.  A quick run up and stab or knock out hit will do the trick, and the shotgun attachment should tear people up.  Sneaking is harder since enemies now pay attention to more things, but killing is easier.  Although, it will be interesting to see if this is balanced out by the their "patrol" AI that sends people from other areas of the map to investigate strange happenings.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 04:16:46 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
I actually found the demo a little too easy, and some of my friends think so too (they played both the original and PT).

that's my only other complaint about the SC sequels...after learning the tricks  in the first game, sneaking was very easy.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
Quote from: "Turtle"

that's my only other complaint about the SC sequels...after learning the tricks  in the first game, sneaking was very easy.

While I do agree with you to some extent, isn`t that like saying "once I figured out how to shoot the gun the fps became really easy" :wink: ?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 06:07:02 AM »

Rage has played the PC demo of SC:CT. Rage is suprised to find that he LIKES chaos theory. Rage is reevaluating his dismissal of the first two SC games.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 07:58:25 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Rage has played the PC demo of SC:CT. Rage is suprised to find that he LIKES chaos theory. Rage is reevaluating his dismissal of the first two SC games.

Yeah, I really liked the demo for Chaos Theory too. I'm just really not into the idea of being specifically told I have to do an entire mission a certain way. I also fucking hate guard-dogs. Pandora Tomorrow was the bane of my existence, but only because there was exactly one way to go through a level. As soon as you deviated from it you got caught, killed, or set off an alarm, and then there was the limit on the times you could set off the alarm.

I hated Pandora Tomorrow's singleplayer.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: