http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 11:12:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider-Man 3 review discussion  (Read 8328 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »

A friend of mine loaned me the 360 version of this game and I'm finding that I'm having alot more fun than I did whe I tried the Wii version but not so much that I already fell that I'm not going to stick with it and play all the way through.

I'm on the 3rd Apocalypse gang mission and those guys at the end keep on wiping the floor with me.  I know there is some 'character advancement' as you play, so is it possible to take on a mission before you have the abilities to beat it?  I can take down the scrubs but the boss and two other big guys don't seem to want to drop.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »

I rented this and it is complete and utter trash, a good game beneath but just reeks of being shoved out the door either to cash in with the movie or because Treyarch was on an impossible deadline.  Either way it sucks hard, how Ron could give it a gold medal is beyond me.  I'd give it a gold for potential, a straight up F for effort.

Garbage, pure and simple.  I'll be a little more cautious about reviews from GamingTrend from now on, which is surprising to me because Ron has usually steered me in the right direction.  Either he was playing a different game than what I got or he was smoking some way better stuff than I've ever had.  I guess he can't get them right every time, thankfully I just rented it and didn't actually blow $60.

Stick with the big review sites for this one, most of their complaints are spot on:  crappy controls, horrible camera, bug-eyed characters (bad graphics), disjointed story, just blech!  I think I'll just go back and play Ultimate Spider-Man on GameCube for now, and stick with Ultimate Alliance for my super-hero fix on 360.

glyc
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:10:43 PM by Glycerine » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »

I spent the better part of this weekend playing this game on my 360.  I'm about 9 hours in and I've only completed 45 percent of the game.  Personally, i'm having a LOT more fun with it than I thought I would.  Sure, the controls could use some work (I HATE activating web crawl instead of webbing someone up when i'm fighting near a wall 'cause they share the same darn button), but those complaints don't amount to a gamebreaker for me. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »

Either way it sucks hard, how Ron could give it a gold medal is beyond me.  I'd give it a gold for potential, a straight up F for effort.

Garbage, pure and simple.  I'll be a little more cautious about reviews from GamingTrend from now on, which is surprising to me because Ron has usually steered me in the right direction.  Either he was playing a different game than what I got or he was smoking some way better stuff than I've ever had.  I guess he can't get them right every time, thankfully I just rented it and didn't actually blow $60.
  I get the feeling that I dropped the ball on this one as well.  I don't know if it was time pressure or so many platforms or what, but you guys are clearly having a far different experience with it than I did.  In the future (and as I did with Transformers) I will be pacing the reviews a bit better and making sure I get it right.  I apologize to anyone who felt stung by this title.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2007, 04:08:56 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 02, 2007, 04:05:40 PM

I apologize to anyone who felt stung by this title.

It's OK, we've already set plans in motion to blame WBS  ninja

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »

WBS doesn't read GT anyways... say what you want. Hell, he's got a 360 account that has no achievements... I think he's not even a game-player. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2007, 08:35:37 AM »

sorry its an old thread(wow,its been that long)

has anyone noticed that new DLC has appeared on xbox live?...i havent got the game anymore,but the new content is the new goblin playable character,the very same that was PS3 exclusive....what with Lost planet having the 'only for xbox 360' label...i guess the word exclusive is starting to fade in meaning icon_frown

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »

Finally! but little too late.

I been waiting for this for a long time.
I guess it's time to go back to Spider-Man 3 and see how it plays with new character.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 27, 2007, 08:35:37 AM

has anyone noticed that new DLC has appeared on xbox live?...i havent got the game anymore,but the new content is the new goblin playable character,the very same that was PS3 exclusive....

I heard that it wasn't exclusive (contrary to what the box said) before the game was launched. I'm just surprised that it took so long to release to the general public. I also didn't buy the game, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 27, 2007, 02:13:48 PM

has anyone noticed that new DLC has appeared on xbox live?...i havent got the game anymore,but the new content is the new goblin playable character,the very same that was PS3 exclusive....

I heard that it wasn't exclusive (contrary to what the box said) before the game was launched. I'm just surprised that it took so long to release to the general public. I also didn't buy the game, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

The release is no doubt timed with the DVD release which is this coming week.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 27, 2007, 03:51:54 PM

Quote from: Destructor on October 27, 2007, 02:13:48 PM

The release is no doubt timed with the DVD release which is this coming week.

came out on DVD here in the UK on the 15th october(same day as the BLU-RAY )

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2007, 01:00:04 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 27, 2007, 06:55:36 PM

I'm sorry.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2007, 09:42:56 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 28, 2007, 01:00:04 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 27, 2007, 06:55:36 PM

I'm sorry.

yeah me too...i have 1 and 2 on DVD ,but not sure whether i want to pick up number 3,i just remember that godawful scene of Tobey Maguire doing his dance number......./shivers  icon_confused

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: