http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:34:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider-Man 3 review discussion  (Read 8149 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »

does anyone know where i can find any spider-man 3 reviews,the game is out tomorrow,and i want to buy it,but cant find any reviews anywhere

can anyone help

it will proberbly be the 360 version
thanks
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:25:42 PM by Knightshade Dragon » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »

Thanks to KD and gamingtrend I was able to check out the HD video preview for the game. It does look pretty damn fantastic and also looks like it has alot more villians this time around.

Still, I am drooling for some reviews as well.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »

The reviews are embargoed until the game nearly comes out methinks. Or at least that would explain absolutely nobody having one up yet.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »

I got a call EB/Gamestop is doing a midnight release for it.  I'll be at the theater seeing the movie though, so I won't have my copy until Friday evening (unless the movie absolutely sucks  icon_wink).  I'm guessing D is right about the embargo though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »

there is a thread over at teamxbox of some impressions.  most of the posters have been giving it really crappy impressions, but a few people have posted some impressions that say it is really nice.  take it with a grain of salt, but head over there for a few decent initial thoughts.

i have the game coming from Gamefly, so i should be getting it by Saturday hopefully.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

How do these games play? Shooter type?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »

will do thanks,Xmann

i absolutely loved the spider-man 1 game on xbox....so anything like that(didnt play ultimate spider-man)i should be happy enough....hell,i can say right now i have proberbly worse titles in my 38 360 game collection

they play,usually,kinda like a GTA/New York sandbox  beat em up...doing missions...think superman returns,but hopefully better graphics,gameplay,story,villains..i could go on..well better everything i hope

EDIT:this part on gamefly,i think an IGN review makes it sound like a must buy for me

'The city is 2.5 times bigger than massive Spider-Man 2, and gives you a top-down map and view of the city, dotted with district names, mission objectives, and comes complete with a GPS-tracking system. All of this should solve the biggest complaints gamers had with Spider-Man 2's often ridiculous and mundane side-quests, and it gives gamers reasons to replay the game and explore its vast environments and varying missions.'

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:49:42 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »

Thanks for the edit update metallicorphan.

2.5 times bigger? That map before was pretty damn big and it would take a long time to get across the city (although just webbing around was worth the price of the game alone).

But, the side quests absolutely sucked with all the dumb gangs and I lost interest quickly.

Did anyone enjoy the numerous races in Spiderman 2? I found them way too hard.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 03:25:05 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on May 03, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

Thanks for the edit update metallicorphan.

2.5 times bigger? That map before was pretty damn big and it would take a long time to get across the city (although just webbing around was worth the price of the game alone).

But, the side quests absolutely sucked with all the dumb gangs and I lost interest quickly.

Did anyone enjoy the numerous races in Spiderman 2? I found them way too hard.

Too hard and frustrating.  I quickly stopped doing the races.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »

I wish I could say something but I can't until 5/4 at 9:00am PST. (gotta doublecheck the time)  Until then, I'll confirm what IGN said - yes, the game is roughly 2.5 times bigger than the previous, there is a GPS-type system, there is a top-down map, and I can also say the side missions don't suck this time. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 03, 2007, 03:30:13 PM

I wish I could say something but I can't until 5/4 at 9:00am PST. (gotta doublecheck the time)  Until then, I'll confirm what IGN said - yes, the game is roughly 2.5 times bigger than the previous, there is a GPS-type system, there is a top-down map, and I can also say the side missions don't suck this time. smile

sweet!  if the game is totally awesome just blink 3 times  icon_wink

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 03, 2007, 03:30:13 PM

thanks KD...cant wait

i am in two minds whether to go see the movie tomorrow,so the game wont spoil anything for me.....but i dont think i could be bothered sitting in the cinema for 2hrs while i will have the spidey game,final fantasy 3 and (Hopefully)mgs port ops on me....i will want to go home and play icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

OK, from what I've heard on OO it appears there is enough differences between the Wii and 360 version to warrant purchasing both.  The Wii's main strength looks to be the controls scheme and a RPG like ability system while the 360 has more quests and more areas.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 03, 2007, 04:08:40 PM

OK, from what I've heard on OO it appears there is enough differences between the Wii and 360 version to warrant purchasing both.  The Wii's main strength looks to be the controls scheme and a RPG like ability system while the 360 has more quests and more areas.

smile  I'll have reviews for the PS2, PS3, 360, PC, Wii, and hopefully the DS ready on day 1.  You can compare to your hearts content.   'tarded!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 04:53:02 PM »

My only question...is it more fun than Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? Cause that game, while simplistic, felt the most like being a real superhero of any of the games.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 03, 2007, 04:40:14 PM

smile  I'll have reviews for the PS2, PS3, 360, PC, Wii, and hopefully the DS ready on day 1.  You can compare to your hearts content.   'tarded!

Okay...that is a LOT of reviews. Holy cow.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 03, 2007, 06:15:22 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 03, 2007, 04:40:14 PM

Okay...that is a LOT of reviews. Holy cow.

I did all those, +2 Shrek the Third reviews + a hardware review for a Sata 2.0 / EIDE -> USB 2.0 device.   I've been a lil busy..

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 08:07:17 PM »

Ron, do you actually play all the versions?  I mean, all the way through, or just enough to get a feel.  I'm curious.  It seems like a LOT of gaming.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 08:39:08 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on May 03, 2007, 08:07:17 PM

Ron, do you actually play all the versions?  I mean, all the way through, or just enough to get a feel.  I'm curious.  It seems like a LOT of gaming.

It is a lot of gaming.  I have played through all of them, yes.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 03:59:14 AM »

i have just realised it says you will have it up at 9am PST....damn,that will be about 4pm here(i think)....i would already have the game by then(and seen the film)........i'll still look forward to your review though,especially if you have worked so hard to get through the game/s for the reviews(unless the game was a real cakewalk icon_smile)

Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 04:20:17 AM »

KD did an excellent job on writing the reviews, you should definitely just check them out once they go live.
 thumbsup

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »

Quote from: Mattc0m on May 04, 2007, 04:20:17 AM

KD did an excellent job on writing the reviews, you should definitely just check them out once they go live.
 thumbsup

hopefully they'll be up before it's too late  icon_wink

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:12 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 04, 2007, 07:40:15 AM

thumbsup

Wait, what are you trying to say? No really tell me...what do you know?...come on don't let me buy this if its a stinker...
tell me, I need to know, gimme, gimme, I need, I need....

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 04, 2007, 10:15:12 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 04, 2007, 07:40:15 AM

thumbsup

Wait, what are you trying to say? No really tell me...what do you know?...come on don't let me buy this if its a stinker...
tell me, I need to know, gimme, gimme, I need, I need....

I'm picking up the Wii today, but after noon I won't have access to the site until I get home tonight, and my EB is on the way home, so I could be grabbing a potentially poorly controlled game.  Thta's why I'm hoping the reviews are up before I'm away from the PC.

Because I can,
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »

I'm gonna get it unless its absolute crap, but I would like to know whether to get it for the PS3 or 360.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 03:18:13 PM »

I'll definitely be interested in seeing the reviews.  I have an $11 gift card for FYE that could go toward either the 360 or Wii versions, but I'm hearing mediocre things about it so far.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on May 04, 2007, 03:18:13 PM

I'll definitely be interested in seeing the reviews.  I have an $11 gift card for FYE that could go toward either the 360 or Wii versions, but I'm hearing mediocre things about it so far.

29 minutes....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »

FWIW, I just bought the 360 version. IGN has some people that have both versions and they are reporting slowdown on the PS3 version.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »

I picked it up last night for the 360 and the PS3.  I have only played the 360 version so far.  Played for about 45 minutes and really enjoyed what I played of it.  The control could have been better...at times it feels a lot like the Sonic game on the 360...you're going so fast that you can't be as precise as you'd like.

Don't think for a minute that I am comparing it to Sonic because I'm not, it's just that the control feels a little twitchy at times. 

I did the tutorial and Bruce Campbell is hilarious as THE NARARATOR.  Says a lot of funny stuff as he's trying to teach you the moves and such.  Then I did a couple of missions and they were pretty cool.  One mission had me flying MJ through the city and you had to do what she said like "Fly low" or "Go faster" or "I want to go higher".  The other mission I did had me rescuing some guy from a hook hanging over the water.  You have to push a button to stop the hook from lowering him into the water, all the while getting beat on by bad guys. 

I hate timed missions and there appears to be a lot of them in this game, maybe more than I am comfortable with.

The 360 version looks crisp and clean, but it's far from being a graphical masterpiece.  The characters all look like their movie counterparts, but there is something about the game that makes it look a tad on the cartoony side.  All in all, I like the look of the game. 

Again, I have barely scratched the surface with it, but I do like what I've played so far.  It actually reminds me more of a better version of Crackdown than anything else.  I think that's a good thing.

I'll offer up some more impressions after I play it more and hopefully I'll crack open the PS3 version as well.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »

Reviews are UP and on the front page. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »

Quote from: jblank on May 04, 2007, 03:55:06 PM

FWIW, I just bought the 360 version. IGN has some people that have both versions and they are reporting slowdown on the PS3 version.

And they'd be right.  From my PS3 review:

Iíve played this title on every platform and the Playstation 3 version has the most amount of trouble with framerate, despite the initial hard drive install.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »

That has to be a coding problem. It installs 2.6GB to the damn HDD of the PS3, so there is no reason for slowdown. Sloppy Treyarch, very sloppy!!!! thumbsdown

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »

<sigh>

In for the Wii AND 360 version  icon_twisted  The 360 version may have to wait until next week though since I want to buy a new bike (it's time for some exercise) this weekend.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:56 PM »

Sweet deal.

My girlfriend just picked it up for Wii from BB (1 month rental) and then eventually I'll get the 360 version in a trade or discount buy. biggrin

With finishing all of the crackdown extras. Halo3 beta, GRAW2 and RSV SP / MP gaming as well as all the troubleshooting I need to do to my PC, I'm having a hard time finding "inside time" as it is with the weather changing and being outdoors.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:09:32 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »

wow,thats pretty bad...as it was only the ps3 version(perhaps special edition)that you got bonus stuff,like playable goblin

i played about 30-40 minuts so far on the 360...i work nights and havent been to bed yet,and i am jiggered

the cut scenes,look like the characters,but still look xbox 1 if you ask me,the city is quite big,definetly bigger han metroplolis in superman returns....took a while to get to grips with the swinging,i am still not quite there yet...but it is enjoyable swinging around,and i did a mary jane mission,she rides with you and she tells you whether she wants to go low or high....first one was easy enough,no doubt they will son become a pain

thanks for the reviews KD icon_biggrin

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »

Awesome reviews Ron, thanks for your hard work!!!!  thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 04, 2007, 04:08:21 PM

she rides you

I'm kinda tired too, and that's how I read that portion the first time  paranoid

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 04:13:21 PM »

Think I'll be picking up Spider Man 3 for the 360 this evening.   Ron, despite give the 360 version the best score which version did you personally like the best?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

Quote from: jblank on May 04, 2007, 04:11:12 PM

Awesome reviews Ron, thanks for your hard work!!!!  thumbsup

Yeah, thanks for the reviews and spending my money!  Tongue

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 04, 2007, 04:13:21 PM

Think I'll be picking up Spider Man 3 for the 360 this evening.   Ron, despite give the 360 version the best score which version did you personally like the best?

Tough question - 360 is the most framerate stable and the loss of the Goblin stuff doesn't bug me, so I'd have to say 360.  I also like the Treyarch approach to the story better than the Wii/PS2.  That said, the 2-handed webslinging is pretty cool. smile  Still, if I have to chose one, 360.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: