http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:22:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of IGN, Burnout Revenge Review up  (Read 1538 times)
Hrothgar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2005, 09:06:29 PM »

Overall it sounds like single player is more balanced toward the player.  In fact, the review seems to imply it's too much in your favor at times.  So it loses a little of the white knuckle tension and strategy, but otherwise everything is improved.  Sounds good.  

They give it an 8.9

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:33:37 AM »

Good.  I hated the races in Takedown.  I completed every crash with gold but didn't even bother with the races.  They just weren't any fun for me.  I'd still buy the new one for the crash mode though.  That and the fact that crash mode makes it a great party game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:48:48 AM »

I'd be perfectly happy if they got rid of the Burning Lap and Preview Lap events.  I hated those damn things.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 03:06:24 AM »

Gamespot gave it a 9.1...and from Jeff Gerstmann of all people.

Burnout Revenge might not be the revolution that Burnout 3 was, but in the end, it changes more than enough to make it feel like a very different game. It's a technical marvel, but more importantly than that, it's one of the most exciting racing games ever made. Unless you don't have the reflexes to handle it, Burnout Revenge is a must-own game, especially for fans of online competition.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 04:01:03 AM »

As long as it still has the crash mode and the takedown races I'll at least get it for a rental to have some more fun smashing stuff up.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 05:04:59 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
I'd be perfectly happy if they got rid of the Burning Lap and Preview Lap events.  I hated those damn things.

Agreed.  I lothe those types of events with the heat of a thousand suns, yet the made up most of the race events  :x
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 05:37:45 PM »

Im looking forward to renting this one, is the street date this week?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 02:28:02 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Im looking forward to renting this one, is the street date this week?

Yep.  Wednesday at EB and Gamestop probably, Thursday for Target, Best Buy, etc.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 04:30:06 AM »

My Fry's (Houston) had it listed as in after 4pm on Thursday at $38.  Very tempting.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »

I have yet to finish Takedown, so I'll probably wait for a price drop on this one.

My smile still stays on.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 02:40:49 PM »

I'll wait for more reviews and word of mouth.  The races in 3 really left a bad taste in my mouth.  I had a great time with the crashes but I don't want to pay full price if I'm only going to play half the game again.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 03:50:56 PM »

I played the xbox demo.  Seemed pretty fun to me.  I still haven't even come close to finishing Burnout 3 though.

The online stuff looks pretty fun though.  A game where you intentionally make someone crash would be a nice change of pace for me actually.

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 08:43:18 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I played the xbox demo.  Seemed pretty fun to me.  I still haven't even come close to finishing Burnout 3 though.

I must have played that demo race 40 times while on my lunch break from work. Never got remotely tired of it.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 03:41:23 PM »

I feel the same way about the demo, but even though I loved it I'm not jonesing to buy the game.  I think it's because they could have added some of these new cool multi-level tracks to Burnout 3 as premium downloadable content and I'd be more than happy to shell out a little cash for them.  I'm not real pumped to pay $49.99 for what to me, boils down to a glorified expansion pack.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 04:56:51 PM »

Quote from: "markus"
I feel the same way about the demo, but even though I loved it I'm not jonesing to buy the game.  I think it's because they could have added some of these new cool multi-level tracks to Burnout 3 as premium downloadable content and I'd be more than happy to shell out a little cash for them.  I'm not real pumped to pay $49.99 for what to me, boils down to a glorified expansion pack.

Fair enough...I think that's a "I've got Madden '05 and there's not nough new in '06 to justify the expense" kind of thing. For me, since I'm new to consoles and have never owned a Burnout game, it's heaven on a little shiny disc biggrin

Ruining language with my terrible words.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 03:37:08 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Quote from: "markus"

Fair enough...I think that's a "I've got Madden '05 and there's not nough new in '06 to justify the expense" kind of thing. For me, since I'm new to consoles and have never owned a Burnout game, it's heaven on a little shiny disc biggrin

Oh absolutely!  I didn't play any of the older Burnouts berfore I got 3 and I couldn't believe how great it was.  I still love it and play it from time to time.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 06:29:55 PM »

Does it still have the race cheat AI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: