http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:42:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart  (Read 702 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

Space Rangers 2 Reboot Rebooted?  perhaps they cannot count to 3?

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart remasters and expands the world of the cult classic Space Rangers 2. The game is developed by the SNK-Games team in close cooperation with fans of the series.

The biggest of the improved features is a new scenario dedicated to the pirates threatening the galaxy. While the Coalition spends all of its resources to fight the Dominators (sentient machines who seek to eradicate all life), the pirates have united under the banner of a mysterious leader. Under this new master they have begun their own guerilla war to seize power in the weakened Galaxy. Players can now choose with whom to deal, the Dominators or the pirates, or both at the same time. If you choose the latter path, you will receive new story and side quests, new goals and promotions. After winning one of the wars, you can either finish the game or continue playing to win another.

Players begin their pirate career as the lowest of the low, and will make their way to the top of the pirate hierarchy, completing story missions and learning new information about the organization and its unknown leaderwhose actions threaten the very existence of the Coalition of sentient species. All player actions affect what kind of place the Galaxy will be at the end, with the victorious Coalition that managed to overcome its enemies or with a collapsed alliance from both external Dominator and internal pirate pressures.

The game has received a major technical overhaul in addition to the addition of new content. All of the main menu, loading screens, planet and space station vistas were reworked. Now you can choose a display resolution of up to 1920×1200 and planetary battles employ modern render technologies.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:02:50 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:23:11 AM »

I'm pretty *meh* about this.  I love SR2 and have played it a ton, but a new quest branch and refreshed graphics won't be enough to attract me to the same old game yet again.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »

i have nonreboot and happy with it. Would love an android version to play on my tablet.

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »

I will grab this. I've always wanted to replay SR2, but the lower res dissuaded me. Having HD res is a GO!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »

looks like they're planning on having this out October 17th.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »

Quote from: Creepy_Smell on April 19, 2012, 12:38:06 AM

i have nonreboot and happy with it. Would love an android version to play on my tablet.

+1 except and Ios version.  Or both.  It seems like a pretty good fit for tablets.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: