http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 12:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Ranger 2 gets North American publisher  (Read 1375 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »

Cinemaware Marquee sent over some screenshots of Space Rangers 2 which they are launching in North America. "It is an honor for us to launch our new Cinemaware Marquee label with a game as ambitious and fun as Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators," said Lars Batista, Vice President, Product Development of eGames. "Our goal is to bring gamers consistently incredible content, so that when they see our logo, they are 100% confident about the quality of the game they are getting. Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators lays the foundation for that vision

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:31:31 AM »

Aighhh! So what the devil have I been playing??

says Space Rangers 2...

very fun...
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:58:39 PM »

The import release. smile Same game, different publisher. Picked it up myself the other day and I can't wait to dive into it.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:06:54 PM »

I may pick up the NA version, especally if it doesn't have Starforce.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
I may pick up the NA version, especally if it doesn't have Starforce.

Oh I would imagine it will still have Starfarce installed as some other North American publishers use it. Besides, they won't be re-pressing the discs. They're just ordering more of them and publishing the game stateside.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Vikki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »

How intrusive/disruptive is Starforce?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »

Quote from: "Vikki"
How intrusive/disruptive is Starforce?

Depends on what you read and where. There are entire websites devoted to how much Starforce suxx0rs and there are people who it hasn't affected at all, but I have not yet learned from personal experience. I plan to change that this weekend (haven't had time to install it yet) so I'll let you know how it goes for me. I plan to back up the hell out of my machine before it goes in, so at least everything I need will be secure. Just in case. slywink

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:25 PM »

Okay, I played a good portion of it this weekend and this is damn entertaining. There is a huge amount of stuff to do and places to go. The combat seems a little wonky to me, but I've only fought one thing and it was a training bot at that. But this is a fascinating game so far and really takes me back to the space sims of yore.

For the record, my PC is running fine with StarFarce installed. Of course, now that I've typed that I'll get home and find it a burned out husk.

Vikki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »

Thanks for the update on the game and on Starforce!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 09:59:55 PM »

AFAIK Starforce has not harmed my pc. I did hate that old version that had the hidden install to your devices stuff and would'nt come out without a special app. But this new one that seems to just do a cd disc scan seems ok. It is a little slow sometimes.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »

Okay, I just spent all of Saturday and some of Sunday night playing SR2 and it frickin' rules. The space combat I still suck at but the RTS stuff I kick ass at. I love some of the text-based games, while others have righteously pissed me off. For example, when you have to enter the pizza contest I loved it. As a counter, the rock-paper-scissors of the mech combat against three opponents took me an hour. I'm currently doing another text-based adventure on a planet where I have to earn enough money to get this one guy out of the hands of some thugs and I only have four days to do.

Oh yeah, and I was able to escape my prison sentence by tunneling out of jail with my spoon and fork. smile

I keep getting killed in space combat, but the assorted trade routes, exploration of planets, and the black hole mini-game all combine to form one vastly entertaining game. My wife mentioned to me how it looks primitive compared to some of my other games, and it does when held up against Morrowind. But the gameplay blows boring crap like Morrowind out of the water. I can't wait to get a ship that can go toe-to-toe with the Dominators and pirates. Then my galactic conquest will be only a matter of time. biggrin

FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 03:07:12 AM »

I thought the latest version of Starforce is much better behaved.

But then again, I heard the older versions of Starforce would kidnap your children.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 04:14:13 PM »

Update on my game: I got it! Last night I was just messing around and wound up buying a ship that looks like a glorified TIE Fighter but has a ton of slots open and a cargo capacity of 483. Bought it, and then bought a missle launcher as well because I hadn't tried that out yet. I then smacked down two pirates in a row because while they were shooting at my missles, I was hitting them with my two laser canons and my frag canon. Very Happy

Question though - Is there a way to turn on an auto-defense so that your guns fire at enemies while you run away?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Question though - Is there a way to turn on an auto-defense so that your guns fire at enemies while you run away?

I thought that if you chose your target during your turn, if you passed within range you'd shoot at them automagically no matter which direction you were flying.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »

Enemies sure can shoot me while they run. I cant recall if players can.

Ive noticed sometimes its a range thing. The enemy will have weapons that can reach me as i run away  but mine cant reach him...and the AI likes to stay out of range hehe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: