http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 02:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony: We'll Support the PS3 through 2015  (Read 504 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:36:54 AM »

With Sony widely expected to launch its next PlayStation late next year, some may be worried about the long-term prospects for support of the PlayStation 3. Sony VP of hardware marketing John Koller wants to put those worries to rest, though, saying in a recent interview with Gamespot that Sony plans to support its current system through at least 2015.

"A lot of great content is coming. And over the next 2-3 years, the PS3 has got an incredible lineup," Koller said regarding the system's long-term prospects. When asked in a follow-up to clarify that PS3 support would last for the next three years, Koller responded, "We're going to continue supporting the PS3 for the next few years. Absolutely. And we're going to continue supporting it not only that long, but as long as there is a development spigot that's running hot."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/sony-commits-to-support-ps3-through-2015/

not surprising- if there is one thing they do well is keep support going for older consoles.  I guess this means PS4 will be hitting no later than 2015 then  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:56:56 AM »

Which based on how the PS2 was supported 2 years (or more) after the PS3 came out, this means that the PS4 is due out next year for sure. Maybe.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »

Possibly
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

I remember everyone complaining when they originally said the PS3 would have a 10 year life cycle,but no one was taking into account that the PS4 would be released well before then

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft support the Xbox 360 after the 720/nextbox is out,seen as though they dropped the Xbox 1 pretty much as soon as the 360 was released,although they did keep Xbox Live 1 for awhile

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: