http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 03:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SONY: - Pay For Demo Exclusive content Programme+cancel 8 days and getaway 3  (Read 2121 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5012570/sony-introducing-pay-for-demo-exclusive-content-gaming-program

i have read this twice now,and i am still not sure if it means SONY are now charging for demos and stuff on PSN

Sony just announced monthly interactive gaming program "Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network." HD PS3 gaming program Qore (pronounced "Core") will feature exclusive news, interviews and previews as well as behind-the-scenes look at PS titles — not to mention game demos and betas, "game add-ons" and other downloadable content. The show kicks off Thursday, June 5th, and the first episode features SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Secret Agent Clank, Soul Calibur 4 and Afro Samurai, plus new Blu-ray trailers, an exclusive SOCOM: Confrontation theme with an invitation to the SOCOM: Confrontation beta. From Sony's PlayStation.Blog:

To get Qore, simply log onto PSN and go to the PLAYSTATION Store, as you would purchase any other form of downloadable content. Once the single Episode or annual subscription is purchased, that month’s episode will be downloaded under the “Game” heading on the Cross Media Bar (XMB). Users who purchase the “Qore Annual Subscription” will notice only that month’s episode is available to download. The following month, the new episode will automatically appear in your download list. The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

Yep! All that exclusive content (from the platform holder nonetheless!) will set you back US$2.99 each or $24.99 for the year.

as some people are complaining about this...this is optional,and it has nothing to do with online play
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:25:03 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

Sony just announced monthly interactive gaming program "Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network." HD PS3 gaming program Qore (pronounced "Core") will feature exclusive news, interviews and previews as well as behind-the-scenes look at PS titles — not to mention game demos and betas, "game add-ons" and other downloadable content.

So this is downloading an HD show produced once a month that has some exclusive demos and dl content?

It's basically an online format of an official mag.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »

When I saw the word "Programme," I knew this post was from Metallicorphan.  He's a horse of a different colour.

As to this muckety muck with the whole online mag and demo kaffuffle, I liken it to the exclusive demos in Official Xbox Magazine, except you don't even get a disc or hard copy to read articles that will be everywhere else.

At first, it'll suck because there will be some exclusive demos, but when nobody buys the damn thing it'll go away.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 06:28:29 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 03, 2008, 04:42:23 PM

When I saw the word "Programme," I knew this post was from Metallicorphan.  He's a horse of a different colour.

LOL,i didnt even notice the difference..i just read it on Kotaku and went ahead and spelt it my way...didnt realise we had a different way of spelling that as well

i remember there were rumours(rumors?)that official xbox magazine was actually gonna do this over xbox live marketplace(as OXM was starting to sell badly),but of course it never happened..then there were the same kind of rumours that major nelsons podcast was gonna go on the marketplace as well..still didnt happen

EDIT:how do you guys spell programme..for TV programmes?..is it different than a PC/computer Program?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:42:54 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:52:50 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 03, 2008, 06:28:29 PM

EDIT:how do you guys spell programme..for TV programmes?..is it different than a PC/computer Program?

Program, programs, shows. smile

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

exclusive meaning first, or exclusive meaning only available via core? 

if it's the former, noone will be buying this after a month, bitching about it all the way to the grave.  if it is the latter, they better be damn good demos or be awesome enough to pay for.

i see this as a potential split between the two.

free demo of resistance 2 is the sp level with mp play up to 16 people.  Core payers get an extra level or mp support up to the max.  or they get it a week early ala xbox gold.

either way, i doubt i'll pay much attention to it, unless they add decent betas (lbw, home, resistance, motorstorm 2)

nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »

It's cheap enough I'd get it if the videos are half way decent, that and I'm a sucker for betas.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 03, 2008, 06:52:50 PM

And they run in seasons, not series, with airdates like 6-3-08, not 3-6-08. 

Oh, and we play Clue, not Cluedo.

slywink

Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »

Seems like an online magazine idea to me. I don't have a problem with it, but I think these things often end up working against common economic sense. You don't want people to have to pay to get access to information about products you're eventually going to try and sell them. It's hard enough trying to get people to buy stuff without making the advertising exclusive.

The key, as with any magazine, is balance, but the way Sony screws things up, I can easily see this going the way of the Dodo within a few months.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 03, 2008, 07:30:20 PM

slywink

Clue...yeah i have the Tim Curry,Christopher LLoyd movie on DVD,i remember seeing the credits when i was a kid..based on the board game 'Clue'...so i kinda clocked on then

we say series because we are pussies and we only churn out 6 episodes per series,while your 'series' runs for a season(24 episodes usually)

yeah,you guys say in numeric form october the 31st 2008...while we say 31st of october 2008

there is also a short vid in that Kotaku link of whats coming up...while it looks all very interesting i prefer the 360ZINE thing you can get on the net,and direct to your desktop...i think there is a PS3zine and PCzine as well

and i needn't worry anyway...seems the testing site for this Qore thing is the U.S of A  icon_smile

and anyone know why they(SONY) cant spell?....XMB(Cross Media Bar)..just because an X is  a cross,the actual cross media bar is more of a PLUS(+) sign anyway...and now Qore(Core)...or is this another American way of spelling,LOL...J/K

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 03, 2008, 09:08:27 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 03, 2008, 07:30:20 PM

slywink

Clue...yeah i have the Tim Curry,Christopher LLoyd movie on DVD,i remember seeing the credits when i was a kid..based on the board game 'Clue'...so i kinda clocked on then

we say series because we are pussies and we only churn out 6 episodes per series,while your 'series' runs for a season(24 episodes usually)

yeah,you guys say in numeric form october the 31st 2008...while we say 31st of october 2008

there is also a short vid in that Kotaku link of whats coming up...while it looks all very interesting i prefer the 360ZINE thing you can get on the net,and direct to your desktop...i think there is a PS3zine and PCzine as well

and i needn't worry anyway...seems the testing site for this Qore thing is the U.S of A  icon_smile

and anyone know why they(SONY) cant spell?....XMB(Cross Media Bar)..just because an X is  a cross,the actual cross media bar is more of a PLUS(+) sign anyway...and now Qore(Core)...or is this another American way of spelling,LOL...J/K

By the way, don't tell anyone over here, but the European date system makes infinitely more sense.

Also, most of our shows should only be 6 episodes.

Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 03, 2008, 09:08:27 PM

It's Sony - they're secretly a japanese company, which may explain their lack of spelling chops.  However, when I read some of the "english" that kids put out these days, it might just be american (sigh) english.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »

Actually, SCE of America (SCEA) is handling Qore, so that was deliberate.  They used Qore instead of Core because made up words like that are easier to trademark.  This is why you see companies like Digg, Twitter, etc...

Hate to state the obvious, but there's actually a lot of cases where the letter X has stood for the word "cross", the sound of the X is somewhat close to a C, and it's shape is a cross.

However, it's still not that commonplace here, so using the X is still a bit of marketing.  XMB sounds cooler than CMB, even I can admit that despite not liking its use.  And even the PS1's official three letter abbreviation was PSX.

Yeah, the whole thing is a bit stupid, but it's also not a big issue.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »

The day I pay for a demo is the day they pry my controller from metallicorphan's cold dead hands.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 01:47:49 PM »

I agree; I think Faulty Towers 8 episodes should have been strung out into 4 seasons, and Friday Night Lights, Men in Trees, and Sex in the City (all chick shows) should be 6 episodes (total for all 3).

Oh, and the XMB ... I thought that was the "10 media bar" XXXXXTREME TO THE MAXXXXXX! (or TREME TO THE MA if you ignore the X's).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:49:52 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 04, 2008, 01:07:47 PM

The day I pay for a demo is the day they pry my controller from metallicorphan's cold dead hands.

LOL...lets hope that day never comes then

Purge..there are 12 episodes of faulty towers,i did have them all on VHS,before getting rid as DVD came out(whether they all got released over your side of the pond i am not sure)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_Towers...sometimes a show just gets crap if it goes on series/season after season,even if it was the best thing since sliced bread at the beginning...the english version of the office was only two series and two xmas specials(i hear your version of the office has come into its own and is pretty damn good,i will have to watch that)same with ricky gervais' other sitcom Extras
only a few shows can pull of lots of seasons.....Friends and Cheers are two of my favourites that did well

Turtle-yeah,i forgot about PSX...why the hell did it have the X in there?...was it the name for the smaller,smoother playstation?

and i have another one...i know you guys have BMX's,because i saw Elliot and co.ride them in E.T.....Bicycle motocross

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »

Hey, isn't the X called a Cross in England?  As in Naughts and Crosses (Tic Tac Toe in the States).

Man, you guys are weird, 'cause you're not the same as us.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »

You should try talking to him, lol!  I had to keep the headphones at max volume, because he was speaking a foreign language (the same way I have to blast the TV for the Mystery series).  saywhat

As to the actual topic, OUT! No PS3, not likely to want it for PSP, too much trouble for what it sounds like it is. 

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 04, 2008, 01:07:47 PM

You say things things like that over and over and then one day you find yourself paying $10 extra to get faster access to 5 weapons.

They finally broke me.

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 03, 2008, 09:28:27 PM

By the way, don't tell anyone over here, but the European date system makes infinitely more sense.

Psh.  YYYY/MM/DD sorts better.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 04, 2008, 05:22:05 PM

You should try talking to him, lol!  I had to keep the headphones at max volume, because he was speaking a foreign language (the same way I have to blast the TV for the Mystery series).  saywhat

As to the actual topic, OUT! No PS3, not likely to want it for PSP, too much trouble for what it sounds like it is. 

HEY MYTO!!!!...what about you!!! and P.L.A.R.<<<i hope you remember that!!,LOL icon_lol

and Bullwinkle...yeah we do say naughts and crosses....why the hell you call it Tic Tac Toe i have no idea...not sure if you guys had terrorhawks in the 80s(same makers of thunderbirds,stingray,captain scarlet etc)..naughts and crosses always remind me of that as they always played a game at the end of the show during the end credits

sticking with PS3 news,SONY have just cancelled 'eight days' and 'The Getaway 3'
http://kotaku.com/5012969/eight-days-and-getaway-3-no-longer-going-concerns

havent a clue what 8 days is,but i never did like the getaway games(even if they were based over this side of the Atlantic)..suprising though that SONY didnt want to cash in with GTA4 hype(as its pretty much same type of game)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »

HEY MYTO!!!!...what about you!!! and P.L.A.R.<<<i hope you remember that!!,LOL

OMFG!!! It took me several minutes to dredge that back up from my memory cells!  I knew it was an acronym I made up, for a very expressive phrase... took a bit to percolate through my brain as to what it stands for though.

I miss you, Metal!!!!! 

Once again, off topic, but as Ton' Soprano says... "What ya gon' do?"

Tomorrow, maybe I'll start a thread for people's favorite acronyms when playing online.  You know, if I remember I said this.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 04, 2008, 08:00:39 PM

HEY MYTO!!!!...what about you!!! and P.L.A.R.<<<i hope you remember that!!,LOL

I miss you, Metal!!!!! 

yeah right back at ya....but i dont think i can get into another MMO like FF11 for awhile(it took all my other gaming time away!!),it was great though,like i said i wish Squeenix gave me a job to play it all day..for me to get into another MMO at the moment it would have to be something special,like a brand new start from zero star wars galaxies(give it to someone other than SOE) or something like that

hey look mighty-o...i got more posts than you now!! icon_razz

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 04, 2008, 07:23:45 PM

and Bullwinkle...yeah we do say naughts and crosses....why the hell you call it Tic Tac Toe i have no idea

'Cause we're the greatest country on the frickin' planet is why!

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 04, 2008, 07:23:45 PM

...not sure if you guys had terrorhawks in the 80s(same makers of thunderbirds,stingray,captain scarlet etc)..naughts and crosses always remind me of that as they always played a game at the end of the show during the end credits

Thunderbirds are go!  We did have those shows, but you had to search for 'em.

I actually do think that x being cross in Europe has a lot to do with XMB being Cross Media Bar, BTW.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »

i guess i am the only one disappointed that the getaway 3 was canned.

both one and two had some pretty cool stuff going on and i was really hoping for an enhanced and all prettied up version for the ps3.  bum deal.

small point of sadistic gameplay from #1.  the cars all burned to the ground instead of exploding ala gta.  every car took exactly 6 shots to the grill to ignite.  (trust me, i counted them more than once.)  people were too stupid to move the vehicle if they were blocked or attempt to get out any other way.  cops were also too unaware to react to a car jacked more than 2 cars ahead.   you never ran out of bullets for the basic gun. 

now combine that with this:

people inside cars would burn to death if stuck inside. 

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »

You sick twisted man.

paranoid

Where can I get this game again?

icon_twisted
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 04, 2008, 09:40:08 PM

Thunderbirds are go!  We did have those shows, but you had to search for 'em.

I actually do think that x being cross in Europe has a lot to do with XMB being Cross Media Bar, BTW.

I don't remember Terrorhawks, but I liked the Tomorrow People and I used to set an alarm
late on Saturday nights so I could watch Space 1999.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »

It's almost worth paying just for Veronica Belmont.  She's great.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 04, 2008, 09:40:08 PM

I wonder if it has more to do with being able to trademark it? And 'XMB' is not 'Cross Media Bar', it seems. I just got the official email from PSU announcing Qore™ and they included this:

'Find each month's new Episode under the "Game" heading on your PLAYSTATION 3 XMB™ (XrossMediaBar)'

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »

terrorhawks had these guys

playing Tic Tac Toe(naughts and crosses) who were with the good guys,playing with the cubes who were with the bad guys(they had X's on their sides)

and this evil bitch was the main bad gal..who scared the bejesus outta me as a kid

ZELDA(don't forget folks,its just a puppet)

anyway....as Chandler would say

back on topic...the getaway 1 was so-so,i remember the indicators on the cars telling you which way to go which i thought was quite cool,but i guess i was always a GTA man...i am more bothered that saints row 2 has been delayed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: