http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony just cant keep their mouth shut  (Read 853 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »

again,Sony have 'attacked' Nintendo and Microsoft,this time telling the world that virtual console and xbox live only offer old content

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=168861

Talking of Sony's online strategy, Dille said: "whereas our competition takes a bunch of old content and catalogs content from previous generations and offers that in a download fashion, our development organization are making games specifically for PS3.

now,with Virtual console...fiar enough,it is old content....but if the average gamer,wants to take a break from next gen gaming and play a classic game...wheres the harm in that?

now,of course with xbox live arcade......well,there is a lot of old content,and to be trueful,stuff i would never touch in a million years(or 20 years ago)...but XBLA also has some great new titles,and from the games i have played have been quite decent...mad tracks being my favourite

and hang about i got a PS3 today,and i saw wipeout and crash bandicoot up there.....so whats all that about?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:07:52 PM »

I read that article on Gamasutra last night and while I think that comment is wrong if applied to Microsoft's Live Arcade, I don't see it as being too inflamatory.  Microsoft has released a lot of ports from PC and old arcade games, Mad Tracks being one of them.  Overall I thought in the interview Dille was pretty honest about what they have accomplished and the fact that they have a ways to go. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 25, 2007, 02:07:52 PM

I read that article on Gamasutra last night and while I think that comment is wrong if applied to Microsoft's Live Arcade, I don't see it as being too inflamatory.  Microsoft has released a lot of ports from PC and old arcade games, Mad Tracks being one of them.  Overall I thought in the interview Dille was pretty honest about what they have accomplished and the fact that they have a ways to go. 

oh was mad tracks a port?...LOL,well there you go then,i never knew that paranoid

what about todays wing commander,thats a new one isnt it?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 02:41:25 PM »

actually he's not saying they only offer old content, just that they take a bunch of it to offer.  That said, Sony could probably make a killing offering their old backlog for download on something like the VC.  There's some PS1 games I never got around to playing, and it's not like they don't have the HD space to save it on.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 02:50:47 PM »

Of course Sony would say something like that...they need to say something like that... since they've demonstrated time and time again that they simply don't want to make money this console gen!  Tongue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »

I think its not only a stupid comment, but its a stupid way of looking at it. PS2 and PSOne games for dl on the PSN would be huge! Are you kidding? If I could download PS2 GHs for 14.99 or PS1 rpgs for 9.99 I would probably have about 15 more games I would never have if I had to actaully go out and debate buying them. Maybe they don't want to cut into their relatively robust retail sales doing this, but they have hugely dropped the ball all around for downloadable content (and that encompasses everything, not just catalog games), and I find this just another example of that shortisightedness.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »

Funny, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts those "old" titles are outselling Sony's online offerings by a wide margin.
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »

Give the people what they want, I say.  Roms and MAME are huge.  If a company can still make money letting people play classic games on their console, that sounds like a smart company.

Also, Live Arcade has plenty of new, original content, doesn't it?  And from the little I've seen of it, it looked to me like you can easily spend all your time on the XB360 just downloading and playing demos of new games coming out.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »

I'm not putting down your thread, Metallicorphan, but I'm kind of at a point where I have to wonder if we are really going to bicker about every word that comes out of a Sony/MS/Nintendo employee's mouth?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 05:54:38 AM »

i know what you mean but to be honest,SONY are more prone to this,this is just something that was said,and really caught me by suprise really...when you want to say something to a world audience,surely he should get some facts right first..and also,it would seem that its the video game players who this is also aimed at...if they want to download it,then thats where the gaming is at that time

of course he isnt the only one,peter moore i think just last week said that sony arent doing a decent job in Japan,but i think everyone knows that the 360 is REALLY struggling with japans audience,and he should of really bit his tongue instead of saying that

in other words,its as though these people(SONY ,MS...not so much ninty) are just baiting the competition and us,just for us to react with the obvious answers

i think these companies thrive off this icon_smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: