http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 03:25:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony: "Don't install 2.00 PSP firmware"  (Read 892 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:53:35 AM »

FYI: link
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:29:14 PM »

Or from Sony themselves:

CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or PSP-1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web Site or other channels . For these customers who obtained PSP® in the other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP® through this web site. There are no guarantee of proper operation of the other PSP®.
---

My question though is why? The upgrade does work, and it works great. It's both in Japanese and English, so that's not the issue. What changes could Sony have planned for the English version of 2.00?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
My question though is why? The upgrade does work, and it works great. It's both in Japanese and English, so that's not the issue. What changes could Sony have planned for the English version of 2.00?

I'm going to throw out a guess that they want more anti-emulator stuff in the English version.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 01:38:19 PM »

Too late.  By the way, it works fine.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:14 PM »

I haven't tried out the new mp4 stuff, but otherwise it's been working like a champ for me too.  I get 'out of memory' error quite frequently on complicated web pages, but I'm assuming that's more related to space limitations either on my memory card or the PSP system memory itself.

Even though the character entry sucks, I must say that it actually works very well for browser!  I highly recommend turning the text size to small and the view to Just-Fit though....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: