http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:14:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Vampire: Bloodlines questions  (Read 4659 times)
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2005, 12:15:23 PM »

I just started playing this game yesterday, and it's pretty cool. I am playing a female Malkavian, and I like the inviso so far as well.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 05:26:34 PM »

old topic yeah but it looks like the game is popping up at bargain prices.....

I had this on my shelf since Christmas and finally installed it last weekend- haven't stopped playing since.

With the official 1.2 patch AND the fan 1.5 patch, it appears that they have fixed just about all of the bugs.

The game looks great, is a very fun rpg, the quest log is good, it plays very different depending on what clan you are-- Malkavian here-- anyone else play that and had the run in with a stop sign?  hysterical

It reminds me a lot of Morrowind- they have put a lot into this game--- main quests, side quests  and lots of little extras but on a much smaller scale.

The charater creation and skills are seemingly done very well.  I have  pretty much just started- only just got to Downtown but if this type of game is your cup of tea, definitely give it a go.

Just make sure  you have the horse power to run it-- i am on an AMD 2200 with a Geforce 6600 GT-- but I would recommend at least 768 of ram to help with load times.

I just wanted to gush over the game a bit....
warning

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 06:50:17 PM »

It's an awesome game Walter.  I had a blast with it and I'm sure you will also.  Be sure to fully develop one of your combat talents though.   I used unarmed for awhile then switched to ranged and maxed it out.  Now I kinda wish I'd went for melee weapons so I didn't have to worry about ammo so much.

www.gamebanshee.com has a really good Bloodlines site with forums and a very helpful walkthrough if you get stuck.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
It's an awesome game Walter.  I had a blast with it and I'm sure you will also.  Be sure to fully develop one of your combat talents though.   I used unarmed for awhile then switched to ranged and maxed it out.  Now I kinda wish I'd went for melee weapons so I didn't have to worry about ammo so much.

www.gamebanshee.com has a really good Bloodlines site with forums and a very helpful walkthrough if you get stuck.

I got stuck because of a bug somewhere, got pissed off, traded it, and never came back to it. That being said, i did really enjoy it when I played it. I got about halfway through-maybe I should try it again? I was a...blood mage guy..tremere?
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 07:25:12 PM »

I was kinda suprised that I like it as much as I do...

BUT, be sure you apply BOTH patches-- install the official 1.2 patch from Troika AND the 1.5 fan patch as well- if you install both, just about all the bugs are finally covered.

Melee-- yup I agree- ranged, guns etc, is not my cup of tea-- i keep those weapons  for BF2... Melee seems the way to go.

I am Malk now.. I like playing an insane girl in a mini-skirt that has a girlfriend.. hehe  :oops:

But, if I did another run thru, which i very well might, I think Tremere and magic is a really good way to go.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2005, 09:10:06 PM »

It was immensely satisfying to use the blood boil spell on that one Leopold guy.  He said that his masters would do worse things to him than I ever could.  I think I disproved his theory with that little spell.

So, yeah, Tremere was fun to play.  Plus they also get their own unique apartment.  So do the Nosferatu I think.

One of these days I am going to have to try a Malkavian.  Having played through it once, I think the little hints and whatnot that they get will be more interesting.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2005, 09:52:22 AM »

Actually Doomboy.  Your blood boil spell killed him, what his masters would have done to him, well, he'd still be alive for months at least.  slywink

The 1.5 patch still doesn't fix some showstoppers.  Of the big bugs still in is the scripting error at The Asylum confrontation (you know the one) just as you enter the door.  There were others too, like getting stuck in doors and whatnot.

I figured Troika could have become the next Bioware if only they had hired their own internal QA division.  I hope the ex Troika guys who formed their own company realize that mistake.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: