http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soccer fans: Champ Manager 5 or Football Manager 2005?  (Read 1544 times)
Eightball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 06:48:53 PM »

SI is the group responsible for Champ Manager.  They recently split with Eidos and are now responsible for Football Manager 2005.  Eidos kept the IP of Champ Manager, and is releasing a new Champ Manager soon.

Heard anything about either of them?  I'm inclined to go with FM2005 because it's SI that makes the game great...
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 07:58:16 PM »

Well Si have just announced that FM2005 has gone gold and you can also download the Gold Demo version from www.sigames.com that allows you to play for 6 months.

FM2005 looks superb and having been a fan since CM1 i will definitely be getting this one.

S for Cm5 the rumours from Eidos are that 1st it is delayed, this runour actually caused Eidos`s share price to drop quite a bit. No news offically either way.

The biggest problem with CM5 is that all thye are allowed to use is the name, the rest all belongs to SI. So it will be totally new game by a new  team. This could mean it`s a great game or a disaster, personally i will wait for a review on this one before deciding on a purchase.

Personally i hope both are great as SI could do with some decent competition to actually keep them on their toes and stop introducing the updates every 6-10 months and maybe progress the game even further.

Magic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 10:39:57 PM »

go with the FM game... in the US it will be available in stores under the "worldwide soccer manager" monkier, distributed by SEGA.

I won't touch CM5 until i see a demo of some form. The great thing about SI is the fact they released a number of demos, screenshots, etc... and really do listen and are actively changing things as they see fit by reading their forums (as usual). We've seen so much from them. From CM5 and Eidos, we've seen about 6 screenshots and a bunch of hype. Worrying. I already have WSM (fm2005) preordered, from ebgames. $40.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:19:43 PM »

Thanks for the input.  I felt I was going to go with FM2005 anyways, but hearing other opinions just cemented that further.  Put in a preorder with EBgames just now.

Can't wait to see what's new with it.  Been playing CM since CM3 I believe (since the 1998 one...is that CM3?)
galaril
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 05:32:31 PM »

I downloaded the full demo with sounds and am having a Blast!This game is awesome. And I am not a SI homer/ Championship 3-5 veteran or anything(never played the previous games). I don't even know alot about soccer but have been playing as Italy's national team coach am am having alot of fun.Currently my under-23 Olympic squad has qualified for the guarterfinals of Olympic qualifying. I f you are soccer fan or closet soccer enthusiast like myself youhave got to check this one out.
B Dog
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 06:15:56 PM »

galaril, you've been infected.  biggrin

Prepare to lose the better part of your free time for the foreseeable future.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 07:05:22 PM »

Yeah, national team managing is fun.

Starting a team in the Serie C, finding talent that others overlook, training them and playing young players...then eventually earning promotion to the Serie A, and the Champ League...that's addiction defined.

Welcome to the fold smile
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 07:33:40 PM »

Yeah and just in time for those winter dark evenings when it`s too cold or wet to go out or drag yourself away from the PC.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: