http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So where do you stand right now?  (Read 4753 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 09:47:47 PM »

One interesting thing about Live for the 360 is that everyone can now get a Live account for free (silver account).  However, they are limited to playing only on week ends, they do get some downloads, and of course, access to that online marketplace thing they have.

People who subscribe get the gold status and can play whenever they want, plus some other benefits.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 10:50:48 PM »

I'll be graduating from school and entering "the real world" when 360 comes out...so I don't want to drop $$$ on it that could go to an apt. or something.  But it'll be tempting.  Then again, it would make a *perfect* graduation gift...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 11:58:51 PM »

X-Box360 and a Nintendo Revolution here.  I'll pick up a PS3 after a price drop.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2005, 12:14:32 AM »

xbox360 and Nintendo in that order.

Playstation has never been my cup of tea.

It's all about the games.  All.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2005, 01:47:35 AM »

I won't get any of them Day 1,

Xbox 360 has some great ideas, but I haven't seen anything on the game front remotely interesting yet. I won't play online on Live, but I will never count them out.

PS3, I know will have great 3rd party support and would probably be the first machine I'd get.

Revolution, Nintendo will really have to prove to me that they can consistently have new games to play, and interesting and different titles as well. I like some of their ideas, but fool me once, and that's where I draw the line. I got too hyped up when they talked about the cube, and I was ultimately let down.

So I guess it will definately be a wait and see, I like each system but I want to see and know a lot more about each one as well.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2005, 03:41:09 AM »

I will get XBOX360 and PS3 on day 1, no questions asked. I am thrilled with what they have to offer.

Nintendo, um, yeah, make some games this time around, for the love of god, and I will think about it. I really really hate the look of the new console, but I am curious if they make this snazzy new controller something cooler than the silly MS and Sony ones. I haven't really read enough about the power of the console to have an informed idea of just how powerful it is, but from just skimming the websites I fear that it will be underpowered compared to the others. As usual with Nintendo for me, I will be a little more cautious and hope they have a  more "full" array of games to offer.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2005, 03:45:15 AM »

Holy shit, its Rage!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 03:51:07 AM »

Vin Diesel was the acting Grim Reaper for 7 months in 1974. When asked why he did this, he responded simply, "Bros before Hoes".

I'm baaaack, or something smile
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 07:21:05 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I'll be graduating from school and entering "the real world" when 360 comes out...so I don't want to drop $$$ on it that could go to an apt. or something.  But it'll be tempting.  Then again, it would make a *perfect* graduation gift...

that damn "real world" is a bitch isn't it?  i'm finally out of school and have job lined up, but most of my extra cash (ie gaming dollars) are going to a new car.  i think i'd be going with xbox 360 if had to pick one though...current xbox games seem to fit my interests best.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
sclick
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:15 AM »

We (my wife, kids and I) currently own all 3 current gen consoles, plus the dreamcast.

Prior to Microsoft's MTV debut I was severely hyped for the XBox and was considering it to be a day 1 purchase.

Now, I am severely underwhelmed. The game footage we've seen has not impressed me. All of the hyperbole about community and a 1-stop-shop media appliance does not interest me. I just want to play good games, and the current generation XBox has a bunch of them. Developers have done some amazing things with the graphics in recent games, some of which rival my high-end PC. They need to make my jaw drop to get me excited about the 360.

Even the Morrowind: Oblivion footage made me shrug. I was hoping to see more exciting, visceral combat, but it looks like the same sort of ackward 1st person sword slashing that the series is known for.

If they want to get me excited about XBox live, they need to tell me that there will be a button that allows me to remotely detonate the XBox's belonging to all the trash talking, whining, taking-it-way-too-serious idiots who are generally determined to make it completely un-fun.

I was more impressed by the PS3 launch conference, but I am well aware that the vast majority of the stuff they were showing was just renders. However, at least it was damn good looking renders and got me interested in what is possible with the next generation.

Nintendo just makes me shrug with disinterest. I see where they are heading, though. I think the Revolution will be at a much lower price than competing consoles, and the small size will appeal to the Japanese market and to their existing family market. I'll probably eventually buy it for my daughter, if there are any worthwhile games. I was glad to see the dog thing for the DS, since my daughter will probably love that game.

Something makes me wonder if this generation will be Nintendo's last gasp, though.  I think they will continue to do well in the handheld space, but the Revolution seems like a mis-step.

So for me, in terms of interest level, it's currently...

PS3 > XBOX 360 > Revolution

Which makes me a bit sad, 'cause I don't even play PS2 games and I've been a an XBox fanboy for a couple of years. I just feel unimpressed and alienated by the "VelocityGirl" crap.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 11:42:02 AM »

Right now, none of them.  All three systems left me cold.

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2005, 02:57:40 PM »

My Xbox was purchased in late 2004 and before that my last console purchase was the NES.  I am in no hurry.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: