http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:44:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what the heck is Growlanser?  (Read 1695 times)
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:49:33 PM »

I just saw this collector's edition coming out next month on eb and gamestop.  What the heck is it?  I've never heard of it before.  Is it a COOL RPG GAME?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Fellow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »

Man, this is going to be really ironic, but here's a link to IGN that explains what it's about (more or less). For what it's worth, I didn't have a clue about the entire series, until it was explained to me in Gonegold.

As for whether it's a COOL RPG GAME(!!!!!!!!!), I couldn't say, since I've absolutely no experience in playing any of the titles.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/450/450670p1.html

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »

Wow.  I didn't even know Working Designs was still in business.  Have they released anything since Gungriffon Blaze and Silpheed back in 2000/2001?  Glad to see they are still around.  Those Lunar sets were great.  Dragon Force and Iron Storm ruled on the Saturn!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 01:28:39 AM »

Their last big RPG project was the Arc the Lad Collection for the PSOne, which I think came out in 2001 (I still haven't finished it slywink).  I hope the August release date holds, since they are notorious for delays.  I haven't heard much about it lately, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did get delayed.  I hope they get the game out before it gets drowned in the flood of RPGs coming this fall/winter.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 03:31:29 AM »

Yup, I just checked EBGames.com for the release date (because they're always right), and it's been pushed back to September. And I'm guessing it'll once again, keep on getting pushed more and more. Like it has been in the near past often.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 03:37:12 AM »

You know, ever thought of going directly to the source to see what it is? biggrin

http://www.workingdesigns.com/games/playstation2/growlanser_generations/growlanser_3/index.html

Even according to them, the game is due out in September. Personally, I know I'll be buying the game, even if I don't get much of a chance to play it. Working Designs is that good of a company.

That, and their games tend to go for full price (if not more so) on eBay for years after their release... *looks over at the Lunar titles on both the PS1 and Sega CD*

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 03:50:35 AM »

Why go to the source, when EBGames is always right?  Tongue

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 12:27:35 PM »

Actually, I'm banking on the Sept release.  The information and such that they have posted makes this one look like it's really almost finished this time.  That, and they've been working on it for over a year now (might be more, but I'm not sure).  It's a shame that they couldn't include Growlanser 1 in the package.  From what I understand, Sony won't let them package a PS1 game in with PS2 games.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 01:49:41 PM »

I still don't quite understand what Sony's problem is with 2D games, though I suppose I should be thankful that a few are still able to pass through the cracks.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 06:10:27 PM »

I don't think it's the 2d syndrome.  I believe it's a matter of marketing.  From what I understand, they won't let *anyone* package a PS1 and a PS2 game in the same set.  They're concerned with brand image and questions that might arise on the game because PS2 needs one type of memory card, and another for the PS1 version, and so forth...

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »

Tst. You might be right about the memory card confusion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: