http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 02:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, what is this I hear about Half Life 2 mods?  (Read 1260 times)
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2004, 04:49:19 AM »

Today, bored at work, I took a trip to Planet Half Life and saw that apparently some teams have already released Alpha versions of mods for the game.

Anyone tried any of these yet? I saw a deathmatch mod in German, at http://www.hl2mp-mod.de.vu/ . Another is at http://www.hl2files.com/file/;33185.

I don't have time to try them till after the holiday, but am interested if anyone else has.

Any mods you looking forward to, besides Day of Defeat and TF variants?

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
SkyLander
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 06:09:55 AM »

Natural Selection Source smile

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 09:20:45 AM »

ditto
Jocke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 10:14:37 AM »

Coperative mod. I think it is called Svencoop or something similar. Have a two computer network at home and it would be sweet to play cooperative. Serious Sam II gave me the taste for more.

Another one I would love too see but do not know if it is being made is Actionhalflife II. There was one for halflife(and quake for that matter). It is sort of a john woo multiplayer mod. Very cool.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 06:31:28 PM »

I've said it many, many times before (on the ol' GG boards), but one of the best, and most overlooked, mods for HL1 was Frontline Force. If the team that came up with it gave us FLF: Source I would love them looooooong time.

Oh, and if anyone still has HL1 on their computer, try FLF out for a week. I wonder if anyone's still playing it.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 07:10:17 PM »

I had a good time with The Opera for HL1.  I dont think it ever took off, but it was a cool take on deathmatch.  Nautral Selection and DoD are the ones I'm looking forward to.

Has anyone heard if the guy that did They Hunger is working on something new?

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 07:14:56 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"

s

I haven't checked the credits on HL2, but if you played through Ravenholm then you would swear he was working at Valve for just that segment. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 07:17:50 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Quote from: "Sepiche"

s

I haven't checked the credits on HL2, but if you played through Ravenholm then you would swear he was working at Valve for just that segment. smile

heh I thought the same thing. smile  Doubt it was him, but it definitely had the same feel.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 07:23:41 PM »

Quote from: "SkyLander"

What is NS like?  link?

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 07:32:24 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Quote from: "SkyLander"

What is NS like?  link?

Here's the first summary I could find.  Looks like their main site os down temporarily.

http://mods.moddb.com/47/

It's basically a RTS/FPS hybrid where one side plays marines and the other plays aliens.  Very fun game though, and with a new graphic engine it would be tight.

s

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: