http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 12:50:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So this is where all the 360's went.....  (Read 1383 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2005, 01:58:04 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-PREMIUM-BUNDLE-W-RECEIPT_W0QQitemZ7198855415QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What a bastard. He bought 64 Xbox 360's from Toys R Us and is now selling them all for $750 each!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 02:05:19 AM »

It would be great if no one bought them and the store would'nt take returns.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 03:29:10 AM »

Well, you do a get a free Pooh with it, so it's not all bad.  Maybe someone should send Kramer over there to go all "Serenity NOW!" on the boxes slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 04:02:57 AM »

Call me crazy, but I fail to see how that makes him a bastard. He saw a chance to make big bucks and took it. It was quite a risk considering that he would have had to pre-order way in advance to get that many on release day, and at that point, no one knew for sure how bad the shortage would be (if at all). If there hadn't have been such a limited supply, he would have shelled out $60,000 that he'd be scraping to recoup his costs on. If people are willing to pay the big bucks for them, then more power to him. It's not like he's beating up small children to get them.

Then again, I'm not one that's clamoring for a 360, so it makes no difference to me.

My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Gwar21
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 04:07:43 AM »

That's annoying, but I'd be more irritated with the stores that didn't have a "1 Xbox per customer" rule in place.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 04:43:04 AM »

Either this guy is exaggerating his expenditures or he's a terrible businessman.

64 xBoxes * $750 each on eBay = $48,000

That's $12,000 less than he's claiming to have spent.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 05:16:10 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Either this guy is exaggerating his expenditures or he's a terrible businessman.

64 xBoxes * $750 each on eBay = $48,000

That's $12,000 less than he's claiming to have spent.

You're forgetting the market value for a fucking blowjob. He obviously is a cocksucking monkey fuck with no ethics.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 05:46:01 AM »

I wonder how much income tax he'll be paying on these transactions?

I'm gonna hope the IRS randomly selects him for an audit next year.  Maybe he is filing an S corp tax return on his business, and maybe not.  I wouldn't know.  But I sure hope the IRS thinks to check into it either way.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 08:43:34 AM »

Looking at the photo, I do think he's a bastard, and I do think that Toys R Us kinda screwed up by allowing one individual to pick up so many units.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »

He saw the potential for profit and took it. No animals, no babies stolen, no old ladies mugged....What is so bad about it?

Capitilism isn't perfect but it's the best we've got.

We buy products from stores like Wal-Mart, and companies like Microsoft, and you get upset at this guy for what he did??

Yeah, right. :roll:

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 01:57:43 PM »

Taking a 85+% profit on something that people are scrambling to find in the first place?

Yeah, there's a problem with that.  It's called greed.  

If the guy had bought 64 then sold them for $450?  No biggie.  Or sold them and let the -market- determine the price?  No biggie.

Putting it arbitrarily at $750 means that he's just a greedy little bitch that deserves getting kneecapped.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »

It is a gaming console, not gas or the cure for cancer.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 02:51:16 PM »

Quote from: "Beer Goggles"
It is a gaming console, not gas or the cure for cancer.

Yep.  My first thought was "what a jerk".  But these aren't necessities by any means.  They're toys - really expensive toys, but toys nonetheless.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 03:19:54 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Taking a 85+% profit on something that people are scrambling to find in the first place?

Yeah, there's a problem with that.  It's called greed.  

If the guy had bought 64 then sold them for $450?  No biggie.  Or sold them and let the -market- determine the price?  No biggie.

Putting it arbitrarily at $750 means that he's just a greedy little bitch that deserves getting kneecapped.

I checked out his auctions and it looks like there's no bids for quite a few of them.  If they don't sell at $750, then he's either stuck with them or will have to relist at a lower price.  If they do sell for $750, then isn't that the market dictating the price?

My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 03:35:38 PM »

Somewhat, but not nearly to the amount of someone starting with a $299-399 starting price (or lower) and letting it build, like some of the people in the forum have done.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 04:35:20 PM »

I know I am content with the $750 I got for my preorder smile

Go Gunners...
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 04:39:04 PM »

And I'm content with the $900 I got for mine.  Tongue

Sorry, but no one held a gun to the young college chick's head as she typed her winning "Buy it Now" bid.  The onus is on her.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 04:49:56 PM »

The functionality of Ebay has encouraged, right or wrong, consumers to become 2nd point distributors or resellers.  On paper this doesn’t sound too egregious, but you can’t underestimate the effect that consumers acting as distributors or large resellers can have on the market for that particular product.  

For example, MS sees that the 360 is consistently being “won” on Ebay auctions for at least $800.  What’s stopping MS from thinking their price point is too low, and that someone who had nothing to do with their product is pocketing a non-taxable net profit of $300-400 per unit?  Retailers have to enter into agreements with MS in order to sell the 360.  There are obviously restrictions, to include price point, that retailers must follow in order to ensure continued supply support from giants like MS.  

This guy is trying to off load more 360 units than most approved local retailers like gamestop and EB received last week for launch.  In effect, he’s acting as a distributor of 360s outside any agreements that MS had with their retailers.

I’m not going to touch the morality and ethics of what he’s doing, since that’s wildly subjective and debatable.  I am disappointed by the Ebay effect, but that’s based on my own opinions of business ethics and morality.  I’m more concerned with the future impact of consumers becoming 2nd point retailers through portals like Ebay.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 05:00:11 PM »

I decided to keep my preorder, but if I sold it I would not sell it for less than $650-$700 since you pay $400 plus Tax, Ebay and PayPal fees so if you did try and be nice and sell it at $450 you would lose money. I would not spend $700 on a XBOX 360 but if someone is stupid enough to pay that then more power to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: