http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:21:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...now what?  (Read 1788 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 12:25:42 PM »

If your rig is old enough, go revisit Ultima VII and VII pt. 2.

Hell, 8 and 9 might even run decent on your system (as they were hogs back in the day). Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It has nice old school RPG charm, but modernized.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »

Oh, good call!  I'd been thinking of something like Tales of Vesperia, but the latest Star Ocean would probably be an even better choice!  He could even consult with mytocles for advice; I know she cleared that game pretty thoroughly.

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 12, 2010, 01:36:31 PM

Tried it, thought it was very 'meh'.   Typical tri-Ace game with a decent combat system, but boring as hell story and characters.

Tales of Vesperia, on the other hand, I quite enjoyed

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 12, 2010, 01:41:40 PM

He could even consult with mytocles for advice; I know she cleared that game pretty thoroughly.

Sure but what are the chances she remembers any of it. slywink  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. myto.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 12, 2010, 01:48:35 PM

Tried it, thought it was very 'meh'.   Typical tri-Ace game with a decent combat system, but boring as hell story and characters.

How far did you play into it? I don't find the story to be boring at all.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 12, 2010, 02:38:45 PM

Quote from: Gratch on April 12, 2010, 01:48:35 PM

How far did you play into it? I don't find the story to be boring at all.

About 10 hours.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 11, 2010, 04:55:19 PM

I'm tempted by Resonance of Fate, but it's got some glaring red flags that keep it from being a $60 purchase.  The last couple reviews I've read have all mentioned a massive learning curve, the sometimes brutal difficulty level, and tons of grinding.

I haven't found any of those things to be true. Grinding does you far less good in the game than strategic use of character placement, and proper use of ammunition. I can often take down enemy groups that are several levels higher than my team without any issues. Plus, most of the time you have the option of performing a "Leader Assault" where you can bypass the other enemies on the field and take out the leader to end the engagement.

And the learning curve definitely isn't brutal, they simply throw 90% of the combat and exploration techniques at you very early in the game. So while each technique is simple to understand, there are many of them to process.

My only regret with the game is the storyline. RoF is mostly solitary missions with storyline "pieces" that are only loosely tied to a major storyline. It is somewhat unfortunate because the characters are entertaining and the world is very much off the beaten path. The just fail to flesh both out to my level of satisfaction. Still one of the best JRPGs that I've played in a VERY long time, however.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 12, 2010, 03:29:02 PM

My only regret with the game is the storyline. RoF is mostly solitary missions with storyline "pieces" that are only loosely tied to a major storyline. It is somewhat unfortunate because the characters are entertaining and the world is very much off the beaten path. The just fail to flesh both out to my level of satisfaction. Still one of the best JRPGs that I've played in a VERY long time, however.

How far are you?  I've heard they really start drawing the threads together in the second half and it becomes much more plot-centric. 
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on April 12, 2010, 09:12:08 AM

Quote from: jersoc on April 12, 2010, 06:25:05 AM

yes, but i expect the industry to evolve 10 years late. just because this was an homage to BG doesn't mean the dungeons should be bland, the story more predictable than avatar and an inventory system written by a blind man. this is the year 2010. act like it. no company gets a free pass from me. i call shit, shit.

Are you this surly in real life?  You must be a cheer to be around. =P

because i'm sick of the industry being stuck 20 years in the past? this age of sequels needs to end. thank god for indie developers. they have done more for the industry than anyone, which is sad.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on April 12, 2010, 06:48:28 PM

Quote from: KePoW on April 12, 2010, 09:12:08 AM

Quote from: jersoc on April 12, 2010, 06:25:05 AM

yes, but i expect the industry to evolve 10 years late. just because this was an homage to BG doesn't mean the dungeons should be bland, the story more predictable than avatar and an inventory system written by a blind man. this is the year 2010. act like it. no company gets a free pass from me. i call shit, shit.

Are you this surly in real life?  You must be a cheer to be around. =P

because i'm sick of the industry being stuck 20 years in the past? this age of sequels needs to end. thank god for indie developers. they have done more for the industry than anyone, which is sad.

Dragon Age isn't a sequel, but I know what you mean. Still, I don't see how time has anything to do with the quality of a story. I haven't played DA or the Baulder's Gate games, but from what I can tell the things have evolved quite a bit over the years.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

The 4 best games I have played this year have been sequels.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »

In regards to your situation Gratch, there's no point in forcing yourself to feel interested in a game. If you need a break, take I break. That's why I re-installed WoW, I just want something I can sit back and enjoy without feeling rushed towards completion before the next big thing comes.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 12, 2010, 08:08:39 PM

In regards to your situation Gratch, there's no point in forcing yourself to feel interested in a game. If you need a break, take I break. That's why I re-installed WoW, I just want something I can sit back and enjoy without feeling rushed towards completion before the next big thing comes.

I think I'm just going to mess around with a few older games and see what clicks.  I've got 8-10 hours into both Final Fantasy 1 (iPhone) and FF 8 (PSP), and might try to wrap up at least one - or both - of those.

It's been so long since it happened, that being without a game to focus on or one I'm really looking forward to just feels...weird.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 12, 2010, 08:27:05 PM

I think I'm just going to mess around with a few older games and see what clicks.  I've got 8-10 hours into both Final Fantasy 1 (iPhone) and FF 8 (PSP), and might try to wrap up at least one - or both - of those.

It's been so long since it happened, that being without a game to focus on or one I'm really looking forward to just feels...weird.

Did you ever play Xenogears?  Given how much you liked Xenosaga 1 I would guess it would be up your alley.  Might be worth dusting off the PS2 for it. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »

I'm tempted by Resonance of Fate, but it's got some glaring red flags that keep it from being a $60 purchase.  The last couple reviews I've read have all mentioned a massive learning curve, the sometimes brutal difficulty level, and tons of grinding.

I haven't found any of those things to be true. Grinding does you far less good in the game than strategic use of character placement, and proper use of ammunition. I can often take down enemy groups that are several levels higher than my team without any issues. Plus, most of the time you have the option of performing a "Leader Assault" where you can bypass the other enemies on the field and take out the leader to end the engagement.

And the learning curve definitely isn't brutal, they simply throw 90% of the combat and exploration techniques at you very early in the game. So while each technique is simple to understand, there are many of them to process.

If I end up buying this game and hating it, I'm blaming you.  smile  You seem to have a directly opposite opinion as most reviewers.  From a quick look at just the highlight quotes on Metacritic

It’s not so much about the story or surrounding as it is about grinding to level up, though.

All that mandatory repetition roots Resonance of Fate deep in a particularly hardcore niche. But there undoubtedly will be those who are drawn by its peculiar design, and they will eventually grow to love it - despite its obvious cruelty.

...the battle system really does have a massive and infuriating learning curve.

Others most likely will be thrown off by the silliness, steep learning curve, required grinding, and other pains –

Resonance of Fate features some pretty substantial (and fussy) systems made for endless fiddling and tinkering -- which is why it's a shame that the learning curve is so ludicrously steep.

Possibly, the most original JRPG in years, but it's too complex and frustrating. Only for hardcore JRPG gamers.

Granted, reviewers have been wrong before, but seeing this many reviews displaying a very common theme would indicate otherwise.  Sounds like a recipe for frustration, which is much easier to swallow at $30 than $60

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »

Did you ever play Xenogears?  Given how much you liked Xenosaga 1 I would guess it would be up your alley.  Might be worth dusting off the PS2 for it. 

Got about halfway through it way back in the day.  This is another one that I wish they'd release on PSN so I could give it another shot.  Especially seeing as how I am PS2-less and the old PS1 I dug out of my closet last night no longer works.  frown

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 12, 2010, 08:39:27 PM

Got about halfway through it way back in the day.  This is another one that I wish they'd release on PSN so I could give it another shot.  Especially seeing as how I am PS2-less and the old PS1 I dug out of my closet last night no longer works.  frown

I think we talked about this a couple of years ago but have you tried PS1 emulation?  It's a godsend and shouldn't need much of computer rig to work flawlessly.  With FF9, I can fast forward through the insanely long battle loading and with Xenogears I believe their is a hack that will allow you to speed up the text.  Plus, save states. 
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 03:06:15 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on April 12, 2010, 01:52:09 PM

He could even consult with mytocles for advice; I know she cleared that game pretty thoroughly.

Sure but what are the chances she remembers any of it. slywink  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. myto.

And by "cleared pretty thoroughly" do you mean "invested over 400 hours in the game"? Cuz if I remember correctly, she did.  icon_eek

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:17 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 13, 2010, 03:06:15 AM

And by "cleared pretty thoroughly" do you mean "invested over 400 hours in the game"? Cuz if I remember correctly, she did.  icon_eek

yeah i think she did,while i stopped at the end of the story,she carried on with the 'after game dungeon' and did most of its floors..those kinda things don't appeal to me,but i thought the actual game was quite good,actually funny when its meant to be funny,and the characters were quite likable my favourite was Meracle(Purple cat type girl)....but Lymle was a pain...'Kay?

360 version though,towards the end,you had to keep swapping discs to go to earlier planets,and then swap again to go to recent planet..pain,i did it so i wouldn't have to visit earlier planets that often,so i didn't complain too much,others did

it is now out on PS3,which is of course is one disc and i heard it has extra stuff

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 04:58:27 AM »

If you thought the dungeons in Dragon Age were long, never, never, ever play the Icewind Dale games.  icon_lol

As for the OPs question, did you care for Fallout 3?  Because there is New Vegas later this year.  And that spy RPG Alpha Protocol comes out here in a few months. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 13, 2010, 03:40:17 AM

Sure but what are the chances she remembers any of it. slywink  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. myto.

And by "cleared pretty thoroughly" do you mean "invested over 400 hours in the game"? Cuz if I remember correctly, she did.  icon_eek

yeah i think she did,while i stopped at the end of the story,she carried on with the 'after game dungeon' and did most of its floors..those kinda things don't appeal to me,but i thought the actual game was quite good,actually funny when its meant to be funny,and the characters were quite likable my favourite was Meracle(Purple cat type girl)....but Lymle was a pain...'Kay?

360 version though,towards the end,you had to keep swapping discs to go to earlier planets,and then swap again to go to recent planet..pain,i did it so i wouldn't have to visit earlier planets that often,so i didn't complain too much,others did

it is now out on PS3,which is of course is one disc and i heard it has extra stuff

Usually speaking about Mytocles brings her out of the woodwork ... like Steve Martin, or Candyman.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 13, 2010, 12:31:57 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 13, 2010, 03:40:17 AM

Sure but what are the chances she remembers any of it. slywink  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. myto.

And by "cleared pretty thoroughly" do you mean "invested over 400 hours in the game"? Cuz if I remember correctly, she did.  icon_eek

Usually speaking about Mytocles brings her out of the woodwork ... like Steve Martin, or Candyman.

LOL,yeah you have to say her name 5 times for her to appear retard paranoid

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 01:09:12 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on April 13, 2010, 04:58:27 AM

As for the OPs question, did you care for Fallout 3?  Because there is New Vegas later this year. 

Fallout 3 was...ok.  I played it all the way through, but could never shake the feeling that it was simply a post-apocalyptic mod for Oblivion.  It's also one of the handful of games that Mrs. Gratch completely forbids me to play in front of either her or our little one, which would make New Vegas a tough gaming prospect.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 13, 2010, 01:09:12 PM

Quote from: Sarkus on April 13, 2010, 04:58:27 AM

As for the OPs question, did you care for Fallout 3?  Because there is New Vegas later this year. 

Fallout 3 was...ok.  I played it all the way through, but could never shake the feeling that it was simply a post-apocalyptic mod for Oblivion. 

i have heard that a lot about Fallout 3 being 'Oblivion with guns' i still can't see why that's bad,Oblivion was fantastic(Fallout 3 was better)..i have put in over 200-300hrs each into both games

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 12, 2010, 04:45:33 PM

How far are you?  I've heard they really start drawing the threads together in the second half and it becomes much more plot-centric. 

I'm in chapter 6.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 13, 2010, 03:30:10 PM

I'm in chapter 6.

I'll be curious to see if you think the story improves as it moves into the second half. 
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 12, 2010, 08:39:14 PM

If I end up buying this game and hating it, I'm blaming you.  smile  You seem to have a directly opposite opinion as most reviewers.  From a quick look at just the highlight quotes on Metacritic

It’s not so much about the story or surrounding as it is about grinding to level up, though.

All that mandatory repetition roots Resonance of Fate deep in a particularly hardcore niche. But there undoubtedly will be those who are drawn by its peculiar design, and they will eventually grow to love it - despite its obvious cruelty.

...the battle system really does have a massive and infuriating learning curve.

Others most likely will be thrown off by the silliness, steep learning curve, required grinding, and other pains –

Resonance of Fate features some pretty substantial (and fussy) systems made for endless fiddling and tinkering -- which is why it's a shame that the learning curve is so ludicrously steep.

Possibly, the most original JRPG in years, but it's too complex and frustrating. Only for hardcore JRPG gamers.

Granted, reviewers have been wrong before, but seeing this many reviews displaying a very common theme would indicate otherwise.  Sounds like a recipe for frustration, which is much easier to swallow at $30 than $60

Demon's Souls was much more difficult than RoF. Resonance of Fate also has the advantage of having several areas where you can quickly level up your character if you are having some issues. You can move your characters up a few hundred levels in a couple hours. I'm also curious to know if those reviewers understood the levelling system, and how you need to use various weapons to increase your leveling speed. Also, I'll take your review quotes and give you some from players at GameFaqs :0

---------------------
"If you grind, the fights will be a joke If not, then you'll encounter some resistance. The hard part is getting used to the system. Be sure you visit the arena in the first few minutes of the game and go through ALL the tutorials"
---------------------
I'd say it's a 7 out of 10. The story missions aren't too hard, but some of the side fights are ridiculously hard though. I feel like I'm over leveled without trying.
---------------------
I just finished Demons Souls. This game is EASY compared to that. Maybe comparable to a SMT game.
---------------------
As others have said, the beginning is hard, but only because the early bosses tend to be difficult when you don't have a grasp of the battle system yet(can't mash A button). I had some seemingly random weird wins in early boss fights. But once you get the hang of it, the game becomes very manageable. You can't really breeze through the game though, and the sidequests are semi-necessary for levels and items. But then again, if you don't like the battles, there is literally no reason to buy this game in the first place.

One thing to note is that you may reset any fight for a fee. Consider there is a money-making trick available in the game, this fee becomes negligible, hence giving you literally unlimited resets for you to figure out how to best approach a particular fight/dungeon. IMO that makes the game manageable because you don't have to worry about screwing up too much.

----------------------

Difficulty is 5 or 6 really.

Absolute only 'hard' parts are boss battles where they put you in critical in a hit or two, from which you can't recover.

It's not so much hard as it is cheap and frustrating. It's like an old school platformer, you just sail through until you find the boss, and then retry 4-5 times till you figure out the pattern, and beat it.

If you do all the side quests you're going to be over-leveled anyway.

----------------------

In my personal experience, Gratch, I've only been stonewalled during one boss fight so far. And in that case I didn't go and power level, I significantly changed my strategy. It took me three attempts to beat that particular boss. I suppose the difficulty may go vertical at some later point, but I have yet to see a need for grinding. Just complete most of the sidequests and you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:55:07 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 13, 2010, 03:31:49 PM

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 13, 2010, 03:30:10 PM

How far are you?  I've heard they really start drawing the threads together in the second half and it becomes much more plot-centric.  

I'm in chapter 6.

I'll be curious to see if you think the story improves as it moves into the second half.  

That would be great if true, because I can see glimmers of a great storyline. Tri-Ace did one strange thing already with the storyline (No spoilers). I watched the opening movie and then went on to play the game when the "Press Start" button appeared.  Well, yesterday the game was at the "press start" screen and I got called away for a phone call. I'm on the phone downstairs and I hear a CGI sequence playing out upstairs. It turns out that there are TWO story tidbits that you can watch. The second apparently is only available if you wait for the "press start" indicator to cycle through the first CGI episode, then wait one minute at the blinking "Press Start" screen again, and then a SECOND storyline piece is shown. And this second sequence gives far, far more information about what is happening in the game world.

Perhaps that sequence plays out in the actual game, but I have yet to see it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »

I've heard a lot of comparisons of RoF to a an anime series where it starts off with a fair number of seemingly stand alone stories that serve to highlight character development and then the threads get drawn together and you find out that things were more connected than they seem. 
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 13, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

LOL,yeah you have to say her name 5 times for her to appear retard paranoid

Has it been five already?  I missed this whole topic, but I blame video gaming - right now FFXIII, so...  oh, nvm, you've heard that argument before.

And, no, I don't really remember SO4, in detail, but the disc-swapping thing was definitely a pain, though I think mostly for folks who want to farm and craft.  If you're just a "straight through the story line" player, it won't be nearly as prohibitive - if memory serves, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  I did enjoy the post-game play in SO4, something I don't often bother with, but SO4 was definitely one of those games I over-spent my time on (only 400 hours? Are you sure?)   saywhat

My last gaming lull was due to illness, so that doesn't help here.  But the worst lull I've ever had was after I forced myself to quit FFXI - I tried Halo 3, Oblivion, The Orange Box, and many other games.  It was FFXII that finally broke the curse, since it reminded me just enough of FFXI to transition back to "normal" gaming.

Ridah is right, don't force it - if you are a gamer, you will return to gaming eventually; if you can't find anything to intrigue you, take a break.  Just don't take a break from GT, because the Forum Effect could be your salvation.

You could try this:  go surfing in your backlog (you know you have one!) for something that might work for you.  Read the game boxes, flip through the manuals, and look at GT Impressions threads.  SO4 was on my backlog for ages, and once I re-discovered it - I was hooked and yeah, I played it to death.  Just don't force it, play only if you want and when you want.

I saw all the BG mentions... what about Sacred 2?  If you liked BG, I can't imagine you wouldn't like S2.  And if you follow the advice of trying an entirely new game genre for you - check out Borderlands.  Maybe you need some mutant killing, Apocalyptic, FPS action to open up your world a bit more.  Sometimes, a new genre can be Just the Ticket, Gromit!

That's all I've got for now - but I'm on the email notification now, so all you folks that have (clearly) been in angst about my absence - rejoice!  Or, not, of course.   icon_biggrin

Good luck, Gratch!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 13, 2010, 03:50:36 PM

great comments/info re: rof

i need to finish smt:ds & finally get into this smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »

not sure of the interest here but D2D has Call of Chuthlu on sale for $4.95   I always wanted to try that one out   for that price I cant resist

actually they are having a spring sale and many titles are up to 80% off... if youre in a lull that might be a nice place to search for a few games you may have passed on earlier
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:19:54 PM by rshetts2 » Logged

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »

Thanks for the info on RoF Dante, I think I may actually give it a shot.  Provided I can find a copy, of course.

I have also resolved to actually finish Final Fantasy VIII as well.  It's the only FF game I haven't finished since VI, and I'd like to be able to check it off the list.  Got through the one spot that was a big roadblock (the stupid temple that keeps changing your direction orientation) yesterday, so things are looking up.  smile

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 14, 2010, 12:38:51 PM

Thanks for the info on RoF Dante, I think I may actually give it a shot.  Provided I can find a copy, of course.

I have also resolved to actually finish Final Fantasy VIII as well.  It's the only FF game I haven't finished since VI, and I'd like to be able to check it off the list.  Got through the one spot that was a big roadblock (the stupid temple that keeps changing your direction orientation) yesterday, so things are looking up.  smile

Apparently RoF is $37 at Kmart this week if you have one in your vicinity.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:29:05 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: