http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 04:52:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So No one was excited for Earthbound coming out yesterday?  (Read 370 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2013, 01:21:09 AM »

I looked around, and to be honest I was surprised that there is no Earthbound thread. Seriously, this is one of the best games ever created, and Nintendo finally got off their rears and released it on the Virtual Console, and they are giving the strategy guide for free too.

earthbound.nintendo.com

I for one am very happy. I got to play this with a friend as a teen, and loved it, but never owned it. SNES copies go for upwards of $150, so I am very happy to be able to get it on the WiiU and have save states and off screen play.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 02:37:22 AM »

I mentioned it in the "What are you buying" thread but I think there are only about 5 people here with WiiU's.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:01:02 AM »

If I had a Wii U, this would be an instabuy. I've wanted to try this for a long long time.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:25:50 AM »

Well I can't say it's worth buying the system any time soon, but we bought it for Lego City Undercover a couple months ago and have been enjoying it. Looks like there are some awesome games coming in the next 6 months worth playing. Earthbound was like a little surprise gift for me, and it made me very happy.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 04:51:46 AM »

I have a WiiU, but despite hearing so much about Earthbound for years I really have no idea what it is other than a JRPG.  I kind of get the feeling that without nostalgia for the game (or to a lesser extent the genre) that it's not for me.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 08:18:34 AM »

I'll definitely get it as soon as I get a WiiU, but it's going to take a price drop and some more games for that to happen.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
paulstraytalker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

Wow, that's really classic looking. Reminds me of Zelda.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 20, 2013, 04:51:46 AM

I have a WiiU, but despite hearing so much about Earthbound for years I really have no idea what it is other than a JRPG.  I kind of get the feeling that without nostalgia for the game (or to a lesser extent the genre) that it's not for me.

Not really a typical JRPG, I mean it uses some of the mechanics, but the game is very well written, and does not have your typical settings, characters or story. It's also fairly well balanced.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »

Got home from a trip and finally got to playing this.  Holds up surprisingly well.  And it's charming as hell.  I hope I can finish it.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:20:00 AM »

Here's a tip I just discovered:

Instead of going into the menu and scrolling to examine things or talking to people, just hit the left shoulder button.  It automatically selects the appropriate action for what you're doing.  It's a real time saver.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: