http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:30:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, is Condemned the one-trick pony Gamespot described  (Read 540 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:00:32 AM »

They said it pretty much is all about melee combat in creepy dark environs and not really much about investigation.  Is that it.? I have it rented but I'm honestly not sure if I want to open my 360 for it.  This is the one I had my hopes pinned on for even getting the system day one.  If this is not what I hoped, I may just take the system back and pick one up after Gears of War hits.

Anyone play enough of this one, say 5 hours, to get a feel for it overall?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 02:00:34 AM »

The investigation portion of the game is pretty light weight.  A little thing pops up saying hit 'x' to pull out the appropriate tool (which is automatically selected) and one you've found the correct spot it says hit 'x' to whip out a evidence collecting tool (again chosen for you).  If you were expecting CSI for that portion then you are going to be disappointed.  So far it's a first person brawler with light adventure elements, and rather slow paced at that.  Still, the story has me intrigued.  Unfortunately I have the feeling the game is going to be rather short.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 05:39:26 AM »

I rented this out of curiosity, and I believe it is one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played.  It looks almost real like I could touch the dirt on the walls.  It is also pretty creepy when you are in a dark room and you hear some noise in the corner and just catch movement out of the corner of your eye.  Also, the AI does some pretty crazy things that freaked me out.  I was in this room that had a window out into the hallway, I looked at it and turned away and a couple seconds later I heard this slamming sound and turned around to see some guy pressed against the window banging on it.  The investigation stuff is pretty lame.  But it is a downright creepy game.  I'd say rent it though, I'm not sure if it is worth the $60.00 price tag.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 01:24:39 PM »

I bought it and I feel it is worth the $60, even if it is rather short. It is a damn freaky game, that's for sure. Like GatorFavre said, it oozes atmosphere...especially if you have 5.1 surround...holy crap the game will scare the crap out of you if you play alone at night! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: