http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:49:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I just purchased a new iMac, am I allowed here?;)  (Read 1305 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 02, 2011, 05:36:52 PM

I think where Macs can sometimes be challenged is in running games compiled to their OS. The 1st MAC my nephew got was a decently spec'd laptop and I remember opting for more RAM and better CPUs and GPUs. I was often suprised that MAC games I bought him didn't peform very well on it - especially since they weren't bleeding edge, recent releases. I put that down to just poor optimization by the dev team, but I think that's a legitimitate concern since consoles or Windows OS's are the primary dev platform for most games. That was 5 years ago though, and the MAC has gained some good market momentum  since. I'm curious if the situation has since improved re. MAC game performance?

I'm speaking from limited experience, but yeah Civ V and anything Blizzard has made that I own run just as well on OSX than they do on Windows.

Of course for those games that don't run as well, there's always the option of just going and running Windows.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 04:12:08 AM »

The name of the forum is PC (Personal Computing) Gaming, not PC Gaming for computers' running a Microsoft OS.  icon_biggrin  So yeah, IMO you're allowed here.

Ahh... But according to Apple, there IS a difference between a PC and a MAC... So by your logic, no he is not allowed here anymore!  icon_twisted
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 08:11:28 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on December 03, 2011, 04:12:08 AM

The name of the forum is PC (Personal Computing) Gaming, not PC Gaming for computers' running a Microsoft OS.  icon_biggrin  So yeah, IMO you're allowed here.

Ahh... But according to Apple, there IS a difference between a PC and a MAC... So by your logic, no he is not allowed here anymore!  icon_twisted

Don't shun me!!! icon_wink
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »

I heart this machine. Did I mention my drinking habits? paranoid nod
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on December 03, 2011, 04:12:08 AM

Yeah well, that's just popular branding and marketing. I 1st put my hands on a personal computers back in the Apple I and Vic20 days. A PC was a "Personal Computer" then and I refuse to treat the term any differently, regardless of Apple's, IBM's or MS's rhetoric and marketing.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: