http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I got into Beyond Good & Evil this weekend...  (Read 917 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2004, 03:28:16 PM »

Had some free time this weekend in between wedding plans and doing house renovations (never removed or installed a ceiling light before so that's a work in progress biggrin) and fired this up. Got it in a trade about 4 months back, just never played it until now.

I started kicking myself about 15 seconds in that I'd not played it until now. WOW!!!

Talk about a fun as heck game. When people talk about Adventure Games like "Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon" (which is an utterly ass title by the way), I wonder what they're smoking. The key to actually good adventure games is interactivity and involvment of the player. I've grown increasingly aggitated by games like Broken Sword (or BS as is more appropriate) because there I just walk around and click things and then listen to someone's spiel for a couple of minutes, click on something else and repeat ad nauseum.

Beyond Good & Evil sucked me into a wicked fight right off the bat, introduced main characters I actually like, and got me hooked into the world right away. Bravo to UbiSoft. Well done animation and art design, fun gameplay, and the sense that I'm actually involved in the world have combined to give me a heck of a fun game to play through. Good times. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 07:41:42 PM »

Here's to hoping that the rumors of a sequel in the works aren't just rumors!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:10:35 PM »

BG & E is a game I actually finished recently and can't say enough good things about it.  Characters, story and gameplay are all stellar.  What a shame that it probably won't be getting a sequel.  It seems like every other game gets one.

Just make sure to have more than one save.  There's one bug I encountered about 2/3 through the game that could possibly trap you with no exit.  If I hadn't had a second save, it would have been game over.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:13:39 PM »

I also loved BG&E.

I'm confident there will be a sequel, there was talk about it in LA, and the rumors are also pointing that direction.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: