http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:34:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I finally Pre-ordered a DS  (Read 588 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »

Using this Phat Deal.

I know it's overstock and a lot of people on the CAG forums are complaining about delays, but I'm not in a terrible hurry to get it.

This thread serves a few purposes:

1. I was going to ask for game recommendations (thoughI hate doing that) but there's quite a few threads on that so nevermind...with exception...see number 2:

2. I will need fellow gamers to wifi battle and have already ordered Mario Kart...what other games have good multiplayer/wifi support?

3. To raise the visibility of the pre-order deal and get CheapyD some $$$ cause he's suffering under the eb games/gamestop merger (if there's a GT affiliate code, by all means switch it out)

4. Say that I have been assimilated into the handheld club (first handheld since my little Burgertime game back in 1980)

5.  Let everyone know that I've blown the money I had saved up, so getting a Wii is gonna be tough and forum effect (read any and all game recommendations) must cease. Please oblige.

6. I love you. I love you all (except maybe LE who I like, but not LIKE like)

So when I get it in....July or so or whenever, i'll be posting again about needing fellow players.  I haven't played any Mario Kart in, oh, 11 years so I'll be easy prey...
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:10:57 PM »

Mario Kart is the WiFi game to get.  It plays flawlessly online.

I've really enjoyed recent bouts of Tetris DS online, if that sounds like your thing.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

Tetris online is a blast. However, it can be hard at times to find people to play against.

PSN ID: EduardoX
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 02:20:57 AM »

I wish the US was getting the sleek EU black one.

Or at least the blue one.

Sigh... white.  Maybe it will hide fingerprints better?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I wish the US was getting the sleek EU black one.

Or at least the blue one.

Sigh... white.  Maybe it will hide fingerprints better?

I was planning on waiting for  a color, but then I read on (CNET i think) that the black/blue ones really show scratches.  I didn't bother to search around for more corroboration, and went for it.

Besides, white things are easier to see so when it's in the bottom of my bag or whatever I can spot it no sweat.
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »

Hmm... thats a good point.  And besides, I will probably get a soft case for it anyway, so the color ultimately doesn't matter.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:16:47 PM »

Hmm... thats a good point. And besides, I will probably get a soft case for it anyway, so the color ultimately doesn't matter.

Why get a soft care and ruin its form factor/portability?  I guess to me, the beauty of the DS, is that unlike the PSP, you don't need an extra case for it.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:36:57 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Hmm... thats a good point. And besides, I will probably get a soft case for it anyway, so the color ultimately doesn't matter.

Why get a soft care and ruin its form factor/portability?  I guess to me, the beauty of the DS, is that unlike the PSP, you don't need an extra case for it.

Amen to that.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:29 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"

I've had enough broken cell phones and PDAs to learn the value of a soft case.

My PDA case is made by Body Glove.  The neoprene doesn't add much weight, looks nice, and sure gives a hell of a lot of protection, even if it falls on concrete.  But even a cheap pleather case is a lot of protection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: