http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:53:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I am getting bit by the Sell the Xbox Bug again, help me  (Read 1874 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2005, 10:01:52 PM »

Help me decide.

First I don't have the extra cash to just go out and buy a PS2 so I can't do that, so I was thinking about selling the Box and the 2 games I have left to pay for the new small PS2.

My thinking is that:
1. Xbox 2 will be here in winter, other companies are looking like mid to late 2006

2. I am only looking forward to two maybe three Xbox games in the future:
Advent Rising, Jade Empire and somewhat Phantom Dust

3. I don't play on Live! anymore, and while it was a good service, no one live game ever really grabbed me and made me play them. On top of that I could get a PS2 and play against some of my friends online, if I wanted that thing

4. PS3 is guaranteed backwards compatible if I want it.

I don't know, I can't think straight about it right now, I think I just want to get the PS2 and get the Racthet and Clank games for my wife, and check some other games I've missed, but I know I may or will regret getting rid of the Xbox. On top of that I know I can't do the 3 console thing.

So do you guys think that Advent Rising and Jade Empire will be enough to make keeping the Xbox worth keeping over going back to the PS2?

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 10:12:18 PM »

I'm *hoping* that Advent Rising will prove to live up to its potential but considering its from an unproven developer I wouldn't keep the Box on that hope.

However, Jade Empire is probably as close to a slam dunk as any game is before release and its likely to offer a sizable chunk of gameplay to boot.  Considering its only about a month away from release, I'd hold out, play Jade Empire, and then sell the Xbox if there isn nothing else on the horizon.  Plus, you can play Phantom Dust in the meantime.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:22:03 PM »

Looks like you already made your decision, but I would say Jade Empire is a slam dunk as well.  The only thing working against it is the massive amount of hype behind it that it probably won't be able to attain (ala Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, etc.).

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »

Yeah, well I figured that if I don't get any takers by the end of the night I can quietly delete the offer in the trade section. I am also fairly firm on the price of everything, so I'm just covering all my bases.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 10:33:59 PM »

Don't forget that price drops will happen this year.  It remanis to be seen if it will be this month, E3 or the fall and how much prices will drop.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 10:35:41 PM »

yeah another reason to sell now, I can hold onto the cash for later...

Well it looks like the Xbox is sold as of now.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 11:11:05 PM »

The Xbox is in a weird spot - it arguably has the weakest lineup of new games coming out for it, as all signs are pointing to the Xbox 2 coming out this fall.  That said, there are still a few killer games that might be worth waiting for.  For me, I'm only hanging onto mine for:
Jade Empire
Forza
Splinter Cell 3

Another idea to extend its life would be to turn it into a HTPC, which is kinda fun to play around with...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »

I don't know, I can't think straight about it right now, I think I just want to get the PS2 and get the Racthet and Clank games for my wife...

dood! - if that ain't straight thinking right there, what is?...

giant clank rules!

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 12:39:38 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Yeah, well I figured that if I don't get any takers by the end of the night I can quietly delete the offer in the trade section. I am also fairly firm on the price of everything, so I'm just covering all my bases.

At the price you were asking I had no doubt you'd have takers.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Rahowa
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 01:33:36 AM »

Splinter Cell 3 looks to be a fantastic game.  Guess some things can still be done right.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 01:53:17 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
However, Jade Empire is probably as close to a slam dunk as any game is before release and its likely to offer a sizable chunk of gameplay to boot.  Considering its only about a month away from release, I'd hold out, play Jade Empire, and then sell the Xbox if there isn nothing else on the horizon.

There's pretty strong rumors of a PC port down the line.  You could probably wait.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 01:56:21 AM »

I could be wrong, but isn't Advent Rising going to be on the PC?  That's one game off your list Tongue
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 02:09:20 AM »

oh, now i feel bad - again!

i didn't know you were having so much angst about the xbox sale!  i just checked the trading forum before i went out, and never saw this post...

maybe i can help - if you decide to go the PS2 route -  i have a version 10 that i was going to keep, but since i repair PS2's, i can keep anything really.  if you want to talk trade instead, feel free (email directly if you want - [email protected]).  if you need more time to think about the sale, that's okay too.  whatevah!  i'm running on the "No Angst on CG" ticket, btw.  Tongue

good luck...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 02:13:48 AM »

no I am totally for the sale, I want to get the mini-ps2, and hold out for these games on PC. I have barely touched the Xbox since November, and the last game I put time in was Morrowind, which I still have for the box, but realized I like the PC version better...

I'm definately good for the trade

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 02:17:12 AM »

okay, ignore half of the last PM, then.  we're just missing each other on these msgs., LOL! :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 03:31:30 AM »

I'm mystified why you started this thread asking for help in deciding and 13 minutes later started the Xbox for sale thread?  I wish my cases of indecision only lasted 13 minutes!   :lol:
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 04:17:19 AM »

Who wants to take bets on when Tebunker will start a thread about getting an urge to buy another Xbox? smile

I know it is probably to late but don't do it!   There will be stuff at E3 which you haven't heard about yet.  They always tend to do that so it is pretty much a given.  You will be kicking yourself in the behind once you see a must   have game.

Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 06:11:45 AM »

Id say go ahead and sell it. Xbox two will be here soon, its really no biggie to be without the xbox if you dont play live or any of the exclsives on a regular basis. Mine gets very little play time right now. Its all cube for the time being.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 09:23:15 PM »

Warning if you read in one of my above posts, I put it up there for the one night, and I didn't think anyone would bite so fast...

It was kind of a either do it right now or don't do it all thing. So if people here had changed my mind I'd have deleted the sale post...

About the E3 announcements, I don't think we'll see very many Xbox games announced, probably all NextBox stuff, and I'm not very interested in going to the next gen quite so fast.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 10:43:48 PM »

For me Jade Empire looks like reason enough to keep it.  But then again I'm a big martial arts movie junkie so YMMV.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 12:03:07 AM »

Hey Kathode, when are you gonna get us Mid-Atlantic CGers a free tour of bethesda?? slywink

infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 02:23:18 PM »

I just pretty much the same thing. My PS2 crapped out 15 months or so ago, and since I have a cube and an xbox, I didn't bother replacing it. I've had fun with my xbox (mostly with cross platform games anyhow, a few exclusives) but I've watched so many good PS2 games go by that I've missed out on.

I bought the new PS2, and moved the Xbox so the kids and their friends can play it more. There is really NOTHING coming out just for the xbox I am remotely interested in, while there are 10-15 PS2 games I really want.

For my play style, the PS2 has the best games. I am also a sucker for japanese RPG's (could care less about bioware) and there are well - NONE for the xbox. Add the Rachets and Jaxes, etc.

I certainly realize and notice the PS2 does not look as good, or loads slower, but I am having more fun with it than I've had with the xbox in a year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: