http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Fasa has something Shadowrun related in the works  (Read 1496 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:03:05 PM »

Please PLEASE PLEASE!!!! bring back all information on that back.

If its a MMORPG I would be in love

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's an FPS.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »

mmo?  I'm out then  Cool   I love playing games multi with the guys/girls here and on OO, but other than that I prefer to avoid other people for the most part.  I get enough interaction with people during my job as an RA.

More on topic... Yay Shadowrun!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:50:27 AM »

I have yet to see a game impliment a "cyberspace" component well since Neuromancer (actually, System Shock was kind of ok, but could have been far better).

I've always thought that a really well implimented Shadowrun type of game could be really good, especially if it had multiplayer (or even... EGADS!  Team-based multiplayer!).
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:37:19 AM »

I'd choose an FPS over an MMO, but I'm not thrilled about either genres for a Shadowrun game.  I was hoping it would be something in the RPG (non-MMO) or action genre.  Hopefully there'll be more info at E3.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:19:30 PM »

I look forward to how they treat this one.   The console games were not bad (Genesis was better than the SNES version) and they could do really well on this one.  I just don't see it hitting a middle ground.   The upside to it is that this is Fasa Interactive doing this.  These are the same guys who were picked up straight from FASA  by MS for doing the Mechwarrior series.

My only other pain is that it'll be a 360 only title. :/  BOOO!  if they go that route.  They had better include the PC at least on launch.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »

I really hope this is a full on RPG (Deus Ex or KOTOR would be good templates) but I fear that it will be "just" a FPS.  Which would still be pretty cool but strikes me as a waste of the license.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 02:40:51 PM »

I liked the SNES version better than the Genesis myself.  I played the hell out of it, but I remember I got to one part and I had missed getting a "vampire" keyword somewhere way back in the game, and never got past it.  Some day I'll have to give that one another spin.

Anyway, I know some people who know some people who robbed some people who saw what they're working on and they said it looks unbelievable.  I just hope they hurry the hell up.
mad_alien
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

Please not another MMO, action-rpg would be awesome, I played the hell out of shadowrun as a kid. I've been waiting for new game to come out for a long time.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »

I doubt seriously if it is a MMO.  A Shadowrun MMo would be rather difficult to pull off.   Especially, with the Decker class.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »

Here's a link to the first mention (AFAIK) about a new Shadowrun game:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/634/634639p1.html

Theron Benson: My name is Theron Benson; I am an Animator currently working for FASA Studios at Microsoft Game Studios.

I have worked on many projects, ranging from PC games to console, FPS to role-playing. Right now, I am animating for an Xbox 2 project called Shadowrun. It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 04:32:39 AM »

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 04:31:41 PM »

http://www.shadowrun-online.com/sronline//index.php

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
I doubt seriously if it is a MMO.  A Shadowrun MMo would be rather difficult to pull off.   Especially, with the Decker class.

Actually, I could see them doing that in such a way as to be really cool.
Imagine it like doing a corpse run in WoW, where everything is the same but looks different. You can see stuff but can't interact. Add in ICE and other stuff only visible in cyberspace and combat in the cyber-realm and it might be pretty wild. I could see fights taking place in the same locale in real and cyberspace.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 01:16:42 AM »

"It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago."

this makes me feel sad - and old - and geeky - the guy animating it is basically like "yea, its like this dusty old game that probably none of you have heard of from like a really long time ago - i needed a job"
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 04:09:11 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
"It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago."

this makes me feel sad - and old - and geeky - the guy animating it is basically like "yea, its like this dusty old game that probably none of you have heard of from like a really long time ago - i needed a job"

What's worse is that the RPG is still very much alive and on retail shelves.   I fear suddenly for this title.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »

Well, Shadowrun will be at E3. Borrowed from another source of apparently some people working on setting up E3:

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=223nm.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=232cl.jpg

(I personally can confirm that yes, that is what the main entrance hall looks like, and yes, that's what the signs they have displayed everywhere generally look like)

Ron, it's your job to get us all more info on this. Okay? biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »

yup me too Dreamshadow that quote had me pretty scared...and i so want it to be good too! a shadowrun game in the system shock mold would be awesome!

but im holding off getting my hopes up - E3 details please!

and the SNES one was pretty cool i wish theyd do a remake like that
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 09:23:13 PM »

there's a Shadowrun trailer on Live.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 04:17:27 AM »

Yeah I've been eyeballing the trailer all day.  Unfortunately since I can't actually download anything at the moment, eyeballing is all I have been able to do.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 05:25:18 AM »

It's not a very impressive trailer, IMHO. All it is is some CGI, done to get you hyped up for the game itself.

All CGI, just like the Call of Duty 3 trailer. But that's for another argument. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 05:57:41 AM »

It's a team-based multiplayer FPS.  There are details here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 02:21:42 PM »

Wow.  What a way to waste a license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: