http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So far, what are your favorite 360 launch titles?  (Read 1754 times)
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:08:32 PM »

I'd have to say my favorite so far is PGR3.  The game is beautiful, addicting, and just screams next gen.  I also really like Call of Duty 2 and Madden a lot.  The only game I bought that I didn't play yet was Perfect Dark Zero.  From what I'm hearing, it's a blast to play as well.  Hetz was right about Kameo...it really picks up steam after the first level, which is the same level that the demo kiosks have running.  

All in all, I'm very satisfied with my 5 launch titles, but I think PGR3 is my favorite so far.

I haven't heard any talk about Tiger Woods or NBA 2K6.  I've got enough money to pick up one more game and I don't know whether to get one of these two or maybe go for something a little darker like Condemned or Gun.  Anyone have any comments on these two games?
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:20:19 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

I haven't heard any talk about Tiger Woods or NBA 2K6.  I've got enough money to pick up one more game and I don't know whether to get one of these two or maybe go for something a little darker like Condemned or Gun.  Anyone have any comments on these two games?

People over at Operation Sports are raving about NB2k6. If I can ever find a 360 to purchase, it'll be one of the first games I get.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 02:31:19 PM »

PGR3 Rocks A$$ You will seen a big review on it very soon.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:33:34 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"
PGR3 Rocks A$$ You will seen a big review on it very soon.

I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby hands on this one. Are you playing it mostly 'in-cockpit' or with outside views?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »

Hrm, I'd say HexicHD is a blast to play, and so is Halo2. smile

PGR3 is gorgeous, CoD2 is good (although I'm not blown away by it) I've not opened PDZ yet (no time) and have been hesitant about playing Kameo... I'm thinking I'll rent it sometime; I don't want to commit to purchase it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:37:36 PM »

My Top 5:

#1 Kameo
#2 Call of Duty 2
#3 Perfect Dark Zero
#4 Madden 06
#5 Amped 3 (don't laugh! I love the Amped series and eventhough the story sucks, I love the game)

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 02:49:32 PM »

Top 5 for me

1. COD2 -Love this game!  Just started the American campaign and I am loving it. MP is fun but seems to suffer from lag at times

2. Madden 06- This game just oozes atmosphere- Last night I was playing against the Colts and Peyton was slicing me up.  I had  switch to a Nickel defense to contain their passing game.  I Love it!

3. Kameo-Hetz was right about sticking with it.  Its turning into a gem of a game

4. Hexic HD- I deleted the crap MP3 they had and ripped some of my personal favs to the HD so when I play this addicting game it can help me concentrate

5. PDZ- A good game, but something isn't clicking with me. Beatiful game, but the action doesn't seems as fast and furious like COD2. Also, it seems the kiddies have flooded the MP poortion of PDZ.  I played with some complete dreges last night.  One game it was 12-4 and I was one of the 4.  Also, I heard some of the most vile lanuage that I wouldn't want to expose anyone too

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »

My top 5 - well sort of I only have 5 games so far...

1. PGR3 - even on a non HD-set this game is gorgeous.  The sense of speed is great and I love the tracks.

2. Kameo... STICK WITH IT.... it really picks up after the intro level.  That said, damn I need someone to spoil me on the second boss.  The art direction is tremendous and the voice acting so far has been great.  Oh and the music.... I love the soundtrack.

3. PDZ - I can't put my finger on it, but I really like this game.  Doesn't look as good as others on my non HD set, but the game world is very well done.

4. COD2  -  Exhilirating is the best word to use for how I felt while playing this.  Beautiful graphics and intense action.

5.  Condemned... not gotten in to this yet, so by default it goes at the end.

As a last little blurb, XB Live Arcade, as well as the Marketplace absolutely rock, I love it.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 03:52:20 PM »

Only played 3 so far but...

1) NHL - It's hockey and it's better. Has to be #1 because I went back to it after playing...

2) PGR3 - What can I say about it

3) Madden - I can't complain about anything with it yet

Still to come:
NFS
Kameo
Condemned
PDZ

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 04:33:03 PM »

Here goes mine:

1. PGR3 - more of the same, but much, much better. I love that you don't start with slow cars.
2. Kameo - A lot of fun, and has Nintendo written all over it (which is a good thing to say about the heydays of Rare).
3. Amped - Doesn't look next-gen, but is fun anyway (go away you graphic whores  smile )
4. PD0 - Looks pretty good, plays ok so far. I'll have to give it more time, but I am not too excited by this.

I didn't open my EA sports game and will probably return them due to the fact I won't play them anyway.

LiveTAG: happydog
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »

Yeah I have tried both the cockpit and outside views. I am more of a fan of outside views. One because I am a Noob to consoles and need to build my chops. I haven't had a console since PS1.

Second I love looking at the cars. Some cars will do some serious scrapin and generate some sparks ;-)

The cockpit mode makes it more realistic and challenging that is for sure.

Kameo is on my list for today.

DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 04:39:46 PM »

Kameo - A lot of fun, and has Nintendo written all over it (which is a good thing to say about the heydays of Rare).

I dabbeled with it the first night and the first thing I thought of was a cross between Mario Brothers on the N64 and some Sonic the Hedgehog influence

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 04:40:28 PM »

My turn:

1 - Projecct Gotham Racing 3 (PGR3 whine - holy freakin load times... /whine)
2 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted
3 - Amped 3
4 - Kameo
5 - Madden 06

I've played more Geometry Wars than Madden at this point. Tongue Trying to decide what to pick up next... Condemned, Gun, PDZ, CoD2 are all on the list. I suppose i could just play what I have... hehe.

-Coop

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 06:20:03 PM »

Coop- Do a pirate a favor, please, please pick up condemned. I'm going to play Xbox 360 through you.

Oh, and do a wicker powerslide for me in PGR3.
  biggrin

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 09:04:36 PM »

I have been playing PGR3 and COD2. I do have to give points to Condemned since I was playing it last night and my roommate closed a door outside my room loudly and it scared the shit out of me since I was so involved in the game (I love the atmosphere in it). I have to say I am impressed by most of the games I have played so far. the others being madden PD0  and Kameo
JodoKast
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 09:19:34 PM »

Only really played Kameo so far.  But having a blast with it.  As others have said  STICK WITH IT.  I thought I was going to hate the game during the intro level then kept playing it and started to love it.  Then I realized hey this is basically the Zelda game for the Xbox 360.

Gamertag : NJ Devilfish
cnikirk
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »

1. PGR
2. COD2
3. PDZ , although for the life of me, I can't aim in this game.  I am getting hosed left and right by the spider bots.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 05:38:35 AM »

Favorites for me so far are

Ridge Racer and NHL2k6.  

For arcade racing goodness, Ridge Racer is ALOT of fun... and I was never a big RR fan in the past.  And the graphics have to be seen to be believed imho.

And I am liking NHL much much more than I thought I would.   biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 06:18:57 AM »

Ahh... Ridge Racer. I've been itching to get the game (console's in the mail as we speak), but haven't heard a squeak of it in these boards.

It'd be a very nice contrast to PGR3, and I've never actually played a Ridge Racer title before, so it'd all be new material for me.

Think it's a worthwhile title to get, Lockdown?

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 08:19:53 AM »

Well, currently I only have Condemned and Kameo.  Condemned is getting the most play so far.  I'm on the fence about getting PDZ, and CoD2, Quake 4 + Gun are probably going to be PC purchases (Gun's 30 bucks cheaper that way).  I'm waiting for them to put the King Kong demo on the marketplace.  DoA 4 is going to be a must grab, and I am eyeing that NFS demo they have.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 12:18:55 PM »

I was REALLY skeptical about PDZ... now I just want to go play it (over COD2 and PGR3 no less). Yikes. The videos do NOT do this game justice. The WOW factor comes in motion. If you stand around to look at stuff it isn't nearly as impressive. Also there have been WOW moments in the first level in terms of visuals... the explosions with distortion and the textures on the wooden crates (if you've played the first level you'll know what I mean) and how the light from the water reflect are just freakin' amazing.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 01:16:55 PM »

1. nba 2k6
2. pgr3
3. call of duty2
4. geometry wars this game is like crack

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 02:48:25 PM »

Spent 6 hours or so playing Perfect Dark Zero last night.  Some co-op, lots of teamkill vs. the bots.

It is interesting that the levels really have some differences between the solo game and the co-op.

PGR3 is incredible.

Haven't actually played Kameo yet.  I hear it is fun though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 03:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
Ahh... Ridge Racer. I've been itching to get the game (console's in the mail as we speak), but haven't heard a squeak of it in these boards.

It'd be a very nice contrast to PGR3, and I've never actually played a Ridge Racer title before, so it'd all be new material for me.

Think it's a worthwhile title to get, Lockdown?

Without even a second thought, the answer to your question is YES.

It is an arcade racing game (with stellar graphics) through and through.  If that is the kind of contrast you seek from PGR3, look no further.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: