http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 03:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowblind *was* Deus Ex: Clan Wars  (Read 2431 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2004, 12:36:09 PM »

Told ya...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/16/news_6100820.html
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:47:17 PM »

Oh sure...I'm sure Ion Storm just HANDED Deus Ex to Crystal Dynamics.

Just because Gamespot printed it doesn't make it true.  This counts double when it flies in the face of all reason.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Oh sure...I'm sure Ion Storm just HANDED Deus Ex to Crystal Dynamics.

Just because Gamespot printed it doesn't make it true.  This counts double when it flies in the face of all reason.

Knightshade, I agree with your reasoning, but something is up with all of this.  Maybe a real journalist from ConsoleGold can get to the bottom of this?

HomelanFed is reporting this as well - http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=24046
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 01:54:29 PM »

Maybe a real journalist from ConsoleGold can get to the bottom of this?
What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?  It doesn't get much more 'real journalistic' than what I did.  I went directly to the source (developers) and then doublechecked my source with the publisher.  On top of that, I gave a shout to my PR rep to triple check it since there was so much conversation about it.  There is no possible way that Ion Storm would just hand their most precious series to another development house.  Especially with Deus Ex: Invisible War not turning out as good of number as they would have hoped.  They would want that in-house to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As for HomeLan and all the other sites that will regurgitate this same news post...think for a second.  Where might they be getting that from?  Oh, I dunno...Gamespot perhaps?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 01:57:52 PM »

Maybe a real journalist from ConsoleGold can get to the bottom of this?
What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?  It doesn't get much more 'real journalistic' than what I did.  I went directly to the source (developers) and then doublechecked my source with the publisher.  On top of that, I gave a shout to my PR rep to triple check it since there was so much conversation about it.  There is no possible way that Ion Storm would just hand their most precious series to another development house.  Especially with Deus Ex: Invisible War not turning out as good of number as they would have hoped.  They would want that in-house to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As for HomeLan and all the other sites that will regurgitate this same news post...think for a second.  Where might they be getting that from?  Oh, I dunno...Gamespot perhaps?

Knightshade, knightshade, knightshade, that was  N E V E R  meant to be taken as a shot at your OR ConsoleGold.  I knew you had commented previously that you didn't think that was correct and thought you might be too busy to track all of that down personally.

GEEZ!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »

Fair enough.  If that was your attempt, your delivery sucks.   :wink:

I did take the time though, this simply is not true.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 02:01:28 PM »

Fair enough.  If that was your attempt, your delivery sucks.   :wink:

I did take the time though, this simply is not true.

Knightshade, if you're sure that isn't true, you guys should run a news article setting the record straight. This is starting to get widely reported.

"A rumor can circle the globe before truth can get its pants on."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 02:08:33 PM »

Tell ya what, now that this story has 'broken', I'm going to call my reps this morning when they get into the office.  I'll re-confirm and then post.  Granted, if they change their tune we will have an angry conversation at that point. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 02:09:40 PM »

I'm not privvy to any info on this, but could this be something along the lines of StarCraft: Ghost where the development was handed off to another company even though Blizzard still oversees it?  Could it be that what is now Snowblind was once Deus Ex: Clan Wars, developed by Crystal Dynamics but overseen by Ion Storm (or more narrowly, Warren Spector)?  Eidos then came in and said, let's go a different direction with the idea...

Ion Storm has just come off developing 2 rather large games and I'm sure they want to take a break or something for a bit.

I'm certainly not saying your sources are wrong Ron, I'm just wondering if there's a bunch of misinformation and/or misunderstanding being thrown about everywhere on this.

I think we all know something is going on over at Eidos, but guessing at the end result would just start rumors again biggrin

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 04:44:18 PM »

Ok.  Here is the deal.  I spoke with my contacts again to confirm.  There is absolutely ZERO connection between the two titles.  Both titles are being developed completely separately.  Ion Storm, Crystal Dynamics, and Eidos have all seen the article and nobody is bothering with it.  Why fight rampant and unsubstantiated rumor speculation?   I don’t blame them…we all know that fighting on the internet is fairly pointless.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 06:57:22 PM »

I think you should post a news story on CG then, like Diamond said.  Afterall, if you're the only gaming site refuting the other articles and you're confident (with reason) that you're correct, that has to be a good thing for CG.

Post a news article already!

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 06:58:47 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
I think you should post a news story on CG then, like Diamond said.  Afterall, if you're the only gaming site refuting the other articles and you're confident (with reason) that you're correct, that has to be a good thing for CG.

Post a news article already!

Agreed.  Now, Blues News is quoting the Gamespy article for crying out loud!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 07:24:41 PM »

Done

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 09:14:03 PM »

Bueno smile

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: