http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 10:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sniper Elite V2 Demo now on XBL  (Read 571 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

Has anybody downloaded the demo yet?

I actually really enjoyed it,you play an OSS agent in the heart of Berlin near to the end of WWII(i suppose the European Theatre anyway)

gameplay here:(i didn't have those big bright red arrows over their heads)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIywk89RBvU

The demo has you up against the Germans and sniping away,the Bullet Mode is pretty good because when you get a vital hit it shows the damage the bullet does to the human body(Bones shattering and organs penetrated),you don't always have to use your Sniper Rifle,you also have a machine gun and pistol,but using the Sniper rifle was the most fun IMO..and of course when you are up against other snipers(who can be hard to spot),the sniper rifle is the only option

This is the game that will have a 'what if' scenario and has you assassinating Hitler

I never played the first game from 2005,also by Rebellion,but quite enjoyed this demo so gonna look out for the game

the demo is up on XBL now and is 800mb

The game is due out on May 4th

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »

I thought I posted a comment here, but I enjoyed the demo quite a bit myself.

Sadly, it looks like it was delayed

EDIT: OTOH, maybe not.  Or at least maybe not for pre-orders?  Or maybe so for everyone who didn't already have not pre- or post- ordered or didn't.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:20:44 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »

got a review here,not a great start  icon_confused

CVG-6.3

At that twentieth shot, you realise the wooshy camera and vicious bullet physics mask a basic simplicity. The levels are too linear, your targets too dumb to make the game truly thrilling without the regular anatomical destruction. When even that pales, there's not much left.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2012, 08:22:28 PM

got a review here,not a great start  icon_confused

CVG-6.3

At that twentieth shot, you realise the wooshy camera and vicious bullet physics mask a basic simplicity. The levels are too linear, your targets too dumb to make the game truly thrilling without the regular anatomical destruction. When even that pales, there's not much left.

I enjoyed the demo, so hopefully the retail game has challenging set pieces. Judging from the demo I played, the AI and linearity of the level is infinitely better than the CoD series.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »

Can't pay for a good review? You don't get a good review. The game is great and it is a lot of fun. GoTY material? Not by my standards but it is a solid game and worth the money.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »

The reviews started coming earlier this afternoon, and they're all over the place, from a 4 to an 8.25 on Game Rankings

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:04 AM »

I've been watching some livestreams (mostly of the PC version), looks like fun. Also, co-op.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 01, 2012, 11:18:42 PM

The reviews started coming earlier this afternoon, and they're all over the place, from a 4 to an 8.25 on Game Rankings

Almost all these reviews is why I never read outside of GT anymore. Every single of those listed are horrible reads. Never again.  Even at GamingTrend all I need are the good points, the bad points, some comparisons, and of the GT reviewer felt if he got his money worth. I don't need a score....just a recommendation  icon_smile

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »

Local store got it in. Going to grab it and maybe play a little before going back to sleep.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »

been playing this a bit and I have to say it's pretty fun, even if at times it turns into 'kill everything moving'.  I'm on the V2 rocket facility level, and even though I haven't gotten the hang of drop and wind effect I've gotten some great kills- grenades shot, testicles mangled, one shot on a prone sniper that I'm fairly certain came out his rectum from the x-ray vision killcam...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 02:42:23 AM »

dammit, a checkpoint save just screwed me.  planted a bomb which triggered the save and somehow I missed a body left in the hallway.  tried to kill the guard that discovers it and then run and hide but they find me every single time, so that plan is out.  switched to plan b which is kill the guard before he discovers the body and then hide both, but now it seems like every time I kill one guard and hide the body another one comes down the corridor so I have to kill them and hide their body, and by the time I hide that body another guard comes around so it repeats over and over with the body I missed still in the corridor.

I'm also running out of hiding spaces for the bodies since you cannot stack them into a pile of dead stupidity.

[edit] got the third bomb planted and I'm running into the same situation; I cannot find a pattern to the patrols and the elite AI' 'eagle eyes' gets a bit too crazy.  I ducked into a room to elude a patrol and see what their pattern might be, but a few minutes later another body was found and an enemy walked right into the room, straight to where I was in the shadows hiding behind cover and opened fire on me.  I think I may restart with custom difficulty settings so I can get back to enjoying the game and not wanting to start swearing at it.

[edit 2]  well I guess the decision is made.  I went to the level select figuring I could play an earlier level to figure out the physics better and the game overwrote my save and all the progress I had made in the level.  of course the game doesn't warn you about that, it only says something when selecting 'new game'.  I'm half tempted to cadet it at this point to enjoy the cool body mutilations.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:02:41 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: