http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:32:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smite  (Read 2226 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »

I haven't been able to play.  For some reason my download is stuck at an excruciatingly slow speed, I've seen others have the same issue.  I've left it downloading for so many hours it's ridiculous, not sure what's going on.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 01, 2014, 04:45:24 PM

Are there any gods that play like Rook from Demigod?  Slow, but hard to kill, generally focused on pushing creeps through the lane, and with some kind of placeable defenses?

Any gods that are focused on placing traps?

Bit of a tangent but I'm surprised you didn't get sucked into League of Legends or Dota 2 if you played Demigod.  We had quite a big
LoL crew running for a good long while.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 03, 2014, 08:05:54 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on February 01, 2014, 04:45:24 PM

Are there any gods that play like Rook from Demigod?  Slow, but hard to kill, generally focused on pushing creeps through the lane, and with some kind of placeable defenses?

Any gods that are focused on placing traps?

Bit of a tangent but I'm surprised you didn't get sucked into League of Legends or Dota 2 if you played Demigod.  We had quite a big
LoL crew running for a good long while.

I've definitely been tempted by both games repeatedly, but the stories about the learning curve and the behavior of the LoL community toward new players were both big turnoffs.  The size of the champion roster is also pretty damn intimidating for someone thinking of joining the party late.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 03, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

I haven't been able to play.  For some reason my download is stuck at an excruciatingly slow speed, I've seen others have the same issue.  I've left it downloading for so many hours it's ridiculous, not sure what's going on.

that's odd and unfortunate.  I just installed it on my gf's laptop with no issues other than a video card driver issue that it told me about and then I fixed.  It was a bit slower than should have been based on connection, but the 4gb took about 2 hours to download AND install.

try using the HiRez Repair Utility which I have no idea where to get any more.  Used to be in their forums, but they have since removed those in favor of reddit (which is pretty damned stupid idea imo)

Most of the guardians are slower and tougher, but there isn't anyone with more than one of Rook's features that I can think of.  Most Guardians are tough, but suffer in wave clear, Vulcan puts down turrets but is very squishy.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »

gonna be testing out a new stream venue.  hitbox.com  you can find Harkonis there
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:26 PM »

In this video, when the guy is talking about the current meta for items, he outlines the solo lane items for a bruiser but for solo lane mages he just says they "follow a mid light build".  What items would that be?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »

mid like build, not light.  I believe he also goes over those, but it's probably vamp shroud and boots plus pots

basically if you put a mage in the solo lane, you can play it a lot like a more secluded mid lane.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »

patch notes:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/10KAk4RxheBJH0Nfq7iT8CsHfrzcPwYMqzO6PiCtvm7c/pub

there are currently 3 skins that are limited time and available now.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »

Dammit.  I thought I'd be able to completely resist the cosmetic stuff, but red star Athena is pretty awesome.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »

you is rockstar!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 12:40:52 AM »

I finally got in last night.  I chose Chang E (sp?) since she was listed as "Very Easy" to play but promptly got pwned in a 1v1 match.  I'm not sure if it was a humn or AI that toasted me lol.

Any recommendations on which gods to play?  Also which mode - I'm thinking ARAM is probably the best bet for me, since that's about all I do now in LoL.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:57 AM »

Just like LoL, Conquest is probably the mode I'd recommend.  Also 3v3 Joust can be fun with a fun group.

Not a huge fan of Assault, but it's more the swingy nature than the randomness of gods.  They do have somewhat of a balance btw, I think they rigged it lately to try to get the balance of tanks and non-tanks similar so it's not totally random.

I would suggest playing each god in arena vs bots and in joust vs bot and you'll get a feel for what they can do.  Keep in mind some will be horrible in 1v1 and are either meant for large aoe fights or supporting someone else.

Don't buy Meditation, it's a crutch much like it's LoL equivalent was (though I know Ritt bought Clarity a lot any way Tongue )
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 01:20:29 AM »

Listen to Hark's advice over mine for just about everything since I'm still a noob, but I've entirely been playing Conquest so far since it's the main game mode.

I think the "difficulty levels" of each god are more an indication of how complicated they are to use, not how easy they are to win with (otherwise everyone would always use the easy ones, no?  icon_razz)

Chang'e is a pretty tough one to start with, I think, because she's geared toward healing and support.  I'm still a noob, but she doesn't seem to shine much until the mid-late game when you and your teammates are travelling in packs more, and when she can heal a bunch of teammates at once at stun enemy gods with her ultimate.

I'd recommend avoiding all assassins from the start.  They don't really work well until you're good at ambushing enemies at just the right time and place.  

Mages are a good starting place.  You can easily do your part in pushing your minions along a lane without putting yourself in too much danger, and it's not complicated to know how to contribute in god vs god battles.  From my noob successes, I'd recommend Agni, Ao Kuang, Poseidon, and Ra.

Hunters are second easiest to use properly, I think.  They're generally better at single target damage and worse at area damage compared to mages.  I haven't tried a ton of them but Neith and Artemis worked well for me.

For non-assassin melee guys, I don't know, maybe you'll have better luck than me but I sucked with both fighters and guardians  for my first few matches until I got a better sense of the game.  If you want to try one I'd recommend looking for one with a great escape ability.  
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »

Ao is probably the simplest to do well with when starting out.  Play in mid lane or solo, put down your 3 as the lead creep comes through, profit. slywink

We should just hook up in mumble and have some games.  Start off with coop vs bots, move to some us vs us, then us vs pubs.  Best way to learn this game is to just pick a role, play it.  Learn all of the roles, then figure out which one you prefer.  I tend to be best at support which is odd for me.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 01:56:11 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 07, 2014, 01:07:57 AM

Don't buy Meditation, it's a crutch much like it's LoL equivalent was (though I know Ritt bought Clarity a lot any way Tongue )

I finally got him to stop that at some point.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 12:11:41 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 07, 2014, 01:56:11 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on February 07, 2014, 01:07:57 AM

I finally got him to stop that at some point.

heehee.  I still refuse to use Flash though.  That's for cheaters! 

And also I suck at it smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 03:52:07 AM »

thankfully the flash version in Smite isn't that cheap at all, man I hated flash in lol
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »

If anyone comes across a code for Convention 2014 Guan Yu skin, I'm interested
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »

Loving the new norse hunter, expect him to be quite popula
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 08:16:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 21, 2014, 08:00:50 PM

Loving the new norse hunter, expect him to be quite popula

Every time I try a stance-changing hero I find myself fumbling around a lot--always trying to use abilities that are on the opposite stance.  He does look pretty nifty on paper, though.  I find I often enjoy playing heroes that get labelled with "high sustain" in their description.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2014, 01:56:05 AM »

He honestly feels like he might be too good in the way that he can fill many roles and could fit with any team comp.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »

amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLYTEbo5jgs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: