http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:57:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smite  (Read 2217 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »

from Hi Rez studios comes more DotA inspired arena combat that is using the Unreal Engine for more action oriented combat.  they're Facebook page show that they'll be dealing with known mythology, with Anubis and Zeus being pictured.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »

This has come a long way since I played it in Alpha.  I'm having a blast with it and they currently have a cool deal for $30 where you get all the champs and all future champs as well.

If you decide to sign up, here's my friend referral thing https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/default.aspx?referral=125406&utm_campaign=email
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cL05f-zGy-E&list=PLqMnSYeIWk0blS55UqqvttZHVY7FtMLaF
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »

Split a few games to youtube from my stream and put them in a playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB6FuJm5VbSl4U92kTcbCezjLV3jRTsD6&feature=view_all

Feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong (besides the obvious tower diving stupidity in a few of these. lol)
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

Is there no jungler role in this game?

You don't really notice when playing but when watching someone else's video, it becomes obvious how intrusive the UI is.  A big line in the middle of the screen with range indicators?  Is this a fantasy action game or a tank sim?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »

you can turn off the indicator.  No full time jungle role, they are trying to avoid that.  It's more of a dip in to grab and secure then back to laning.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »

I played one match recently.  It still feels a bit floaty, like you are driving the gods.  I wish control/animation were more like Guild Wars 2.  Gameplay seems suited for beginners to MOBA but I'm not sure if it has enough to offer to LOL/DOTA veterans.  I'm still waiting to see the next evolution of the genre instead of the mostly clones that seem to be coming out.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

Ignore the sound, had a stream streaming while I streamed... oops

This was a pretty good game.  got lucky and pulled my main in ARAM

http://www.twitch.tv/harkonis/c/2229260
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 01, 2013, 04:15:18 PM

Ignore the sound, had a stream streaming while I streamed... oops

Yo, dawg...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »

Still going strong, getting more and more enamored over time. 
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

I had a fun game of ARAM but I'm still hung up over learning new heros and inventory system in a new MOBA when I've already put in the time in another.  That's pretty much how I felt about DOTA 2 as well.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

Got a couple more vids from today. Higher quality still being processed by the tube.

First real attempt at Zeus post patch

Zeus

This one is much less special, but still was a fun one

Ymir
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

Quote from: skystride on May 06, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

I had a fun game of ARAM but I'm still hung up over learning new heros and inventory system in a new MOBA when I've already put in the time in another.  That's pretty much how I felt about DOTA 2 as well.

That is half the fun in my opinion.
Learning what the items do and who they can benefit the most.
Discovering combinations others have not thought of.

The only downside is the game lacks the casual "jump in and play a round" feel GoME had.
Feels like the people you are paired up with are all ready to rage and vote surrender at a moment's notice.

We'll see how it goes after a few hundred more matches smile

Gonna eat your face
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »

As expected the game is sooooo much more fun with a competent group of friends to play with.

Might still be processing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gpy-KH8p-o

that is Mikagami and Andon and me with 2 randoms.  Very fun game!
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:14 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on May 26, 2013, 07:06:14 PM

Quote from: skystride on May 06, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

That is half the fun in my opinion.
Learning what the items do and who they can benefit the most.
Discovering combinations others have not thought of.

Right, but did you also do that for Dota2 and LoL?  I think more what Sky was getting at is it's hard to really play more than one of these at a time, especially where Dota2 and LoL both have over a hundred heroes each.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »

New site for stats and stuff

Hark Stats
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »

check the end of this video where the developers hop in one of the streamers games and take control of the minotaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcN6-25LLLA
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFYsvC7yehQ

Gameplay with Athena, higher res might be available
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 12:18:46 AM »

Christmas skins are on sale, they are likely not coming back again.  They brought back the two previous ones since they were only available in closed beta before.  They also added a Fenrir skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »

Last day to get the xmas skins btw
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »

Game looks interesting. I'll have to try this out. Would you say it is newbie friendly? Or friendlier at least than other MOBAs? I could never get into them out of fear that my soul would be scarred forever by people yelling terms at me I could never figure out.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »

It was very noob friendly (as far as community) when I last played, but I've heard it has since started the transition towards being a bit more caustic(due to being more popular).

Keep in mind though that literally EVERY team based online game will be this way sadly.

Playing with a group of people can greatly improve your experience with it though. Though I may tell you you are doing it wrong if you are slywink

After playing this a lot, I honestly can't get back into other MOBAs, they feel boring to me after the immersive feel and dynamic action of Smite.

edit:  oh, and make sure you grab the godpack before the actual release since it might be pulled then.  It gives you every god and all future gods.  Huge value.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »

I played the tutorial late last night and was impressed enough that I bought the godpack. I was expecting the gods to be instantly unlocked after purchasing the pack but it seems the gods were still locked in-game. It was getting late so I went to bed and won't be able to check until I get home from work this evening.

Is there something else I need to do to enable the godpack? I'm hoping it was just a delay in Hi-Rez receiving my payment and updating my account, since it seems they use a third-party to handle store payments.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 08, 2014, 09:48:13 PM

It was very noob friendly (as far as community) when I last played, but I've heard it has since started the transition towards being a bit more caustic(due to being more popular).

Keep in mind though that literally EVERY team based online game will be this way sadly.

Well, yes and no. I don't notice it at all in PC team based FPS games and it seems gaming sites don't seem to mention FPS abuse from other players as much as they mention abuse for MOBAs. Perhaps it is because of the small team size in a MOBA - so if one player out of four is clueless it makes a bigger difference than if one player out of 16 is clueless.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »

godpack is instant

most fps I play are 6v6 and there is every bit as much bitching as in a moba.  (keep in mind not so much in non-objective based modes, which is why I stick to tdm so much)

respawn timers also bring out the worst in people because when they die they have nothing better to do than watch you play and complain about how you aren't doing it right.

The other thing is that any time you die, you give the other team resources.  COD is kind of like this in that a feeder can give the enemy choppers and the like.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 06:40:47 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=540EECPDv9o
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:36 AM »

how one year has changed the game so far

http://imgur.com/a/h6G2R

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »

I think they need to start investing in renewable energy.  The smog is starting to get bad.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 04:30:56 AM »

it doesn't actually look like that.  whoever took the picture cranked up their gamma
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 04:41:14 AM »

I just took one myself, here it is

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:54 AM »

Ok, finally gave this a try and it is indeed pretty damn fun. Is there still a way to pay cash monies to unlock all the gods or is that promotion long gone?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 06:08:46 AM »

still going, but either ending soon or going way up in price.  Not sure how to do it now though, check the shop in game.  Doesn't show for me since I already have it.  Should be $30 for all gods forever.

(also two skins are currently available then won't be afterwards, the pool party poseidon will probably never be again and the valentine's Chang'e might be next feb, but might not.)
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 06:35:46 AM »

All gods purchased!  (you have to buy them from the online store, not in-game)

And lesson learned:  never doubt Hark when he tells you a game is awesome.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 07:01:54 AM »

the twitch streams can be very entertaining.  Try to check out the weekend tourney on www.twitch.tv/smitegame  

noonish EST on Sat for the NA one and I think 9 or so on Sun for the EU one.  I'll be on and off for the near future, hope to see you on.

edit:  lemme know your Smite username
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:09:15 AM by Harkonis » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 07:24:39 AM »

My username, and this may be a shocker, is wonderpug. I think I already sent you a friend invite, unless someone beat you to 'Harkonis'.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

Oh man, so many gods to try.  So far I've done well with:

• Neith (naked lady archer gal) - used her for my first few matches.  Seems strong and really easy to use.  Reminds me a lot of Regulus from Demigod, especially with the sniping ability
  • Vamana (tiny umbrella man) - seemed to be a good balance of creep-clearing and hero ganking ability.  The #4 spell seemed hard to use, though, despite looking really cool.  Everyone just runs away and I can't damage anyone.
  • Kali - first assassin I tried, and I did really well with her.  Getting assigned a 'must kill' enemy is a neat game mechanic, but I think I fell behind in levelling a bit because I kept changing lanes to hunt down my mark
Didn't like:
  • Aphrodite - I wanted to try a support character, but I don't know, just didn't work.  My team kinda sucked that round so maybe that's why she didn't click
  • Hades - *shrug*, I just didn't get him.  For a ranged mage, it seemed weird how he had to get point blank for his spells, and they didn't seem to do enough damage to justify the risk
Are there any gods that play like Rook from Demigod?  Slow, but hard to kill, generally focused on pushing creeps through the lane, and with some kind of placeable defenses?

Any gods that are focused on placing traps?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

Hades is a tank fwiw (the weakest at the moment. he's on the downswing of nerfs and usefullness atm)

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 06:19:21 PM »

Also know that you should use each god once in joust practice and once in arena practice.  I believe you still get favor and xp for the first practice win with each god.  It's not much, but it adds up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »

Created a new account so I could play with Wonderpug without screwing up his game too badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf38sQ2sRQQ
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

I'm getting the hang of just about every role except for guardians.  How are they most helpful in a match?  Just to try and keep their teammates safe when there are skirmishes with enemy gods?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: