http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 08:42:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Games help needed  (Read 1128 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2004, 12:28:11 PM »

I've been playing the old Smart Games PC games lately, and am stuck on a couple word puzzles.  Hopefully, someone can help.

1. The clue is "Blackjack decision".  The only thing I know is that it ends with "E".  I've tried double and insurance, and it's not either of those.

2. The clue is "stock character".  The answer is 6 letters, rhymes with a color (other than gold, brown, yellow, and blue), contains an O, but not a T.

Please help!

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 05:49:14 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I've been playing the old Smart Games PC games lately, and am stuck on a couple word puzzles.  Hopefully, someone can help.

2. The clue is "stock character".  The answer is 6 letters, rhymes with a color (other than gold, brown, yellow, and blue), contains an O, but not a T.

Please help!

Broker? Has an O and hymes with ochre!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 06:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"

1. The clue is "Blackjack decision".  The only thing I know is that it ends with "E".  I've tried double and insurance, and it's not either of those.

does it have to be one word?  if not, then "Hit Me" could be the answer...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 03:01:04 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  Broker was right.  "Hit Me", although it fit, isn't what they're looking for.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 03:47:59 AM »

my next guess at the blackjack answer would be "freeze"...if that's not right, then i give up slywink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 08:06:20 AM »

It was "take".  I remembered that they actually have the solutions on the Smart Games site, so I looked it up there.  Thanks for the help.

Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 01:04:08 PM »

Isn't that game about 10 years old?

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 07:44:54 PM »

Almost - the 3 main Smart Games games came out in 1996, 1997, and 1998.  AFAIK, Pandora's Box and the Hoyle Puzzle Games series are the only thing like it that anyone's made since.  There are lots of shareware puzzle games, but I can't bring myself to spend $20 on a single game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: