http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 09:33:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smackdown vs Raw 2007 demo up on Live...  (Read 623 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:17:11 AM »

Yes sir! Only 1.06gb!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »

Any impressions yet?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »

out of curiosity I tried grabbing it last night, but after being at 1% for about 10 minutes I cancelled it.  I figure I'll try later when everyone else isn't trying to get it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:05:14 PM »

Yeah for some reason Xbox live downloads are SUPER slow for me.  I barely even try anymore unless it's something I'm DYING to play.

gellar
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »

I must really suck at wrestling games because I couldn't land a single hit or grapple on my opponet. Out.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:12:28 PM »

I played 4-5 matches, ended up winning one of them. The controls are pretty similar to the old WWF games on the N64 (this is a good thing), with a large contingent of reversals, grapples, reverse grapples, and some new environment and control grapples. The demo offers 3 very handy videos explaining all of the controls.

Graphics are pretty amazing IMO. Watching the intros for HHH and Kane was almost like watching the real show.

My only real problem with it was the amount of loading screens. It had one after after each intro, one right before the match, one right after the pinfall, and then one more right after your guy celebrating. Hopefully those will be cut down a bit by release.

Good demo, I'm pretty excited for this one now smile.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on September 29, 2006, 04:12:28 PM

My only real problem with it was the amount of loading screens. It had one after after each intro, one right before the match, one right after the pinfall, and then one more right after your guy celebrating. Hopefully those will be cut down a bit by release.

Remember the 'how long does this game take to load on the PSP?' video that made rounds a while back? It was nothing but load screen after load screen too. I doubt it'll be fixed.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »

I believe this is the best control scheme I have seen in a Smackdown game so far.  Graphics are nice but look like an enhanced xbox game.  I cant wait until they build the engine ground up for next-gen... or is this one already built specifically for the 360?  Anyway, is a lot of fun to play!  Oh yeah, the animation still looks like a Smackdown game, which in my opinion, is not a good thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: