http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 02:18:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping Dogs martial arts easier on PC than X360?  (Read 249 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2014, 05:46:05 PM »

Sleeping Dogs is on sale for 80% off this weekend on Steam. I had this on the X360 and enjoyed the game, but finally got stopped at one mission (in a nightclub) where I had to win several hand to hand fights in a row and I just couldn't get past it. Would I find the martial arts fighting easier on the PC? Or perhaps there's a cheat or exploit so I could get around those mandatory long fight sequences? I did like the game, but my aging reflexes and muscles make doing combos too much of a challenge at times. Any help would be appreciated.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 26, 2014, 05:46:05 PM

Sleeping Dogs is on sale for 80% off this weekend on Steam. I had this on the X360 and enjoyed the game, but finally got stopped at one mission (in a nightclub) where I had to win several hand to hand fights in a row and I just couldn't get past it. Would I find the martial arts fighting easier on the PC? Or perhaps there's a cheat or exploit so I could get around those mandatory long fight sequences? I did like the game, but my aging reflexes and muscles make doing combos too much of a challenge at times. Any help would be appreciated.

Like 30% or more of that game is hand to hand combat.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on April 26, 2014, 05:48:59 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 26, 2014, 05:46:05 PM

Like 30% or more of that game is hand to hand combat.

OK... as I said, I played the game on the X360, so I'm aware of the significant amount of hand to hand. The problem I had on the original campaign was the prolonged fight in the nightclub which had no save points, so I had to stay alive all the way through several fights with multiple opponent. I tried a couple of dozen times but always ended up dying just before what would have seemed to be the last fight of the encounter. So what I need is some "easy" setting that wasn't on the X360 version, or a cheat or exploit that allows me to just jump past any particular fight. I'm not looking for god mode, just some way to stay alive while fighting what seemed to be about thirty plus opponents  icon_eek.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

I can't seem to find anything about PC cheat codes, so I'm not sure if they even exist for Sleeping Dogs.  However...it's a great game so just buy it and try it again.   icon_biggrin

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »

That nightclub mission is honestly one of the harder missions in the game. The PC version is in no way easier, but you can go into it better prepared than the demo allowed. Grab the right clothes, eat some food for perks, and there is a checkpoint in the PC version. Don't know about the 360 counterpart
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:58:55 AM by Dante Rising » Logged
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:24 PM »

Also grabbing any melee weapons and using environmental attacks makes any martial arts fight easier.    If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can actually use an environmental attack into the aquarium to score a fish as a melee weapon.  Then if you take someone out with the fish, you get an achievement.   I'm pretty sure you can find a few health shrines before that fight which will also make it easier.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

I absolutely hated this game, which I found heartbreaking since I really wanted to like it. I loved the setting and the environment, which felt kind of fresh.  I just found it rather brutal and unforgiving. I got stuck really early on (the first time you encounter waves of multiple guys as part of the story near a warehouse), gave up and never looked back. Also hated the driving in it. Felt so blah.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: