http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 02:00:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sins of a Dark Age  (Read 1113 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »

the Sins series goes back in time in Sins of a Dark Age

In Sins of a Dark Age, players join an online team consisting of one Commander and a small group of Heroes who work together to accomplish a specific scenario goal. Go head-to-head against an enemy team in a short, fast-paced multiplayer match or work cooperatively against the AI in custom scenarios. Earn rewards for yourself and your clan, climb in ranks, and watch and share your most glorious replays. Players can choose from an ever-growing pool of heroes, commanders and factions each of which supports unique capabilities.

Choose the Hero role and you will face the enemy on the front lines as the most inspiring and powerful member of a mighty army. Your success in battle will be well rewarded with experience, unique abilities, and game changing items that will make you an ever greater symbol of power on the battlefield and a critical rallying point for your commander’s army.

Choose the Commander role to devise the master plan for your empire: you’ll oversee your grand army in an epic battle against your most voracious enemies. As Commander, you’re responsible for building your base, directing your peons and positioning your defenses. It’s up to you to properly train your units and use them to support your team’s Heroes in calculated assaults on enemy positions and to capture key resources. The Commander role allows players to call upon larger-than-life ‘Realm Powers’ to turn the tide of battle.

too bad it sounds like it will be more multiplayer focused, perhaps to the point of becoming Sins of a League of Legends slywink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:33:25 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

(PR looks at the game website and gives it *that iffy look*)

Looks like a cross between that--ahem--failed strategy game, 'Elemental', and 'League Of Legends'. And.. look at that generic artwork style.

(PR shakes his head)

This ain't gonna cut it. Na-huh.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:07:09 AM »

<---- Does not like.

Disappointed in the direction one of my favorite devs decided to take.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »

I'm in!

I like anything with "Sins" or "Dark Age" in the title  icon_razz
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:56:43 PM »

preview on IGN.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »

Apparently you can now pre-order and get into beta. 

https://www.sinsofadarkage.com/
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:26 AM »

You know, the first edition of SoaSE, while an interesting game, ultimately fell flat and stale pretty quickly for me. I wasn't quite burned on it, but ended up unimpressed at the package, only to see that stuff that should have been core aspects were shunted out into multiple expansions.

I think I'll hold off on this to see if they go the same route, probably pickup the full complete game for cheap some years down the line.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »

Just to clarify what the game is, it's a free to play MOBA. The founders edition on the link is basically pay for beta access. From the IGN link:

Sins of a Dark Age is free-to-play, and Ironclad wants players who never spend a dime to feel rewarded fast. Sink enough time into matches and, like other F2P games, you can earn pretty much everything save skins for your heroes. In fact, skins are the only thing you can't purchase with the currency you earn playing matches. How much you grind depends on the game, but the founders of Ironclad stated, rather nervously, that "the grind is probably less than any other game."
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

I'm now technically under NDA so I can't say much about the game, but I'm curious why they would swap genres to MOBA where the competition is presently really fierce. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 10, 2013, 07:52:14 PM

I'm now technically under NDA so I can't say much about the game, but I'm curious why they would swap genres to MOBA where the competition is presently really fierce. 

I'm pretty sure the answer would be that the MOBA model is a gigantic golden cash cow, if you succeed.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 10, 2013, 07:52:14 PM

It's in their FAQ.  They think MOBA is like the new FPS or RTS.  No one says "competition is too fierce, why make a new FPS?" even though there are way more FPS out there than MOBA.  That's their reasoning.

I think there's lots of room to evolve MOBA.  Not sure if spawning quests is that evolutionary though.  This is why DOTA 2 pisses me off.  Valve is such a talented team that could really do something fresh with moba but instead they just make a DOTA clone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: