http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 06:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sigma Star Saga  (Read 573 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2005, 07:05:24 AM »

EB has this listed for release this week.  Anybody plan on picking it up?  Looks interesting and throws in some neat old school side-scrolling action.  I'm still not sure how/where the RPG elements come in, but from the little I have read so far it sounds well done.  I will probably pick it up when I can find a copy.  Still, I hate paying $29 for a GBA title frown

I also saw that Rebelstar Tactical Command was priced at $19.99.  Can't wait for that one!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 09:42:36 AM »

I've got in pre-ordered.  As far as the RPG elements, it plays like a standard action-RPG.  You traverse different planets, attacking enemies with your gun, and get pulled into random battles.  When you trigger a random battle, you enter a side-scrolling space shooter segment.  Killing enemy ships gets you experience, but I'm not sure if it's your ships or your character that you level-up with the experience.  I love RPG/other genre hybrids, and early reviews are very positive.  With this and Dungeon Siege 2, it's going to be a very fun week for me smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 02:05:29 PM »

i've also pre-ordered both, &, what with the now-steady barrage of negative death jr reviews (andrew, you were right!), i'm depending on them to be good enough to get me through the rest of my 'portable' summer (i was surprised by the rtc list price as well - & the fact that my pre-order was the only copy my eb was planning on getting in?)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: