http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 09:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my PSP - I am becoming one of those people!  (Read 1019 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »

I make fun of people who sell their systems becuase of a lack of games.  It just always seems to me that someday a game will come out you really want to play.

But I am really thinking of selling my PSP.  I am becoming one of those people.

I just cannot see anything on the launch horizon which appears even slightly interesting.  I like RPGs, I don't like multiplayer, and I hate sports titles.  I can't find a single thing which I would buy for this system.

I picked it up a few months ago because I saw a couple RPGs coming and well...it is so pretty! smile  However I picked up Legend of Heroes and while it is 'ok' I know that as soon as Final Fantasy 4 (or 6 or whatever the hell it is in the US!) comes out I will never turn the PSP on again.   And games like Lord of the Rings: Tactics haven't been getting stellar reviews.

So what to do?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:58:39 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
as soon as Final Fantasy 4 (or 6 or whatever the hell it is in the US!)

Technically, both titles are due out on the DS soon (4 is 2 in the US, 6 is 3 in the US). biggrin

As for your thoughts - yeah, I haven't touched my PSP in months either. The only games I own are Lumines and Wipeout, and I don't even find the emulators and whatnot I have on it fun to play anymore.

*shrugs*

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:02:37 PM »

I keep mine because I have found games which I like.  I still have GTA, Lumines, Namco Battle Museum, X-Men 2, and Burnout Legends.  There will be games that come out that I will dig.  Sure, it gets played nowhere near as much as my DS, but I know the minute I sell it, there will be a game announced that I just have to have.  Hell, there already is:  Metal Gear Acid 2 (I loved the first one).  I find people who sell these systems end up regretting it and then buy a second one, thereby wasting money.  I roll my eyes at those people.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:28:14 PM »

See, I'm in the opposite boat. Just sold my DS and games on E-bay and am going tomorrow night to grab a PSP and GTA. Whereas the DS sat around because I didn't think the graphics were a huge step up from my GBA while the PSP just looks so damn sexy!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 07:35:15 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
 I find people who sell these systems end up regretting it and then buy a second one, thereby wasting money.  I roll my eyes at those people.

I think that too.  At least 99% of the time.  I sold my Dreamcast and never cared.  

And the longer I keep it the less it is worth (assuming there is ever a price drop, bundle, etc.)

warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:36:32 PM »

I'll be in the market to buy a PSP before Christmas.  Keep me in mind.

Tongue
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 07:36:44 PM »

"Technically, both titles are due out on the DS soon (4 is 2 in the US, 6 is 3 in the US)."
4 and 6 (and 5) are coming to the GBA, while a remake of 3 in 3D is coming to the DS.  Clear as mud slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 07:47:32 PM »

My PSP has pretty much become a portable movie player for me and it still doesn't get much use.  I was thinking of getting Legend of Heroes, since I've been itching for a PSP RPG, but that's the first game I've considered buying for the system in a long time.  With my luck, I know if I sold mine I'd regret it a few months down the line.  So for now, I'll take my DS for gaming on the go.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 01:43:11 AM »

Quote from: "farley2k"

I just cannot see anything on the launch horizon which appears even slightly interesting.  I like RPGs, I don't like multiplayer, and I hate sports titles.  I can't find a single thing which I would buy for this system.

That was exactly what I was feeling.  I sold mine and haven't regretted it at all.  All told, I probably lost about $50 on the whole thing, but that's certainly worth knowing that it wasn't the system for me.  

Get a DS.  While there isn't much right in the way of RPG's now, it looks like there will be some good ones down the road a bit.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 01:50:57 AM »

sell it.... to me.... for $1.  j/k  I would say it depends on if you can buy games for a console or not.  Too many PSP games are just ports or slight variations from the console version.  BUY A DS.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 03:29:11 AM »

Sell it.  A pox on the PSP, biggest waste of $250 I've ever spent.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 06:32:40 AM »

I sold mine and kept my DS. IMHO it`s a WAY better system for MY needs anyways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: