http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:33:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow Hearts 3 unofficially confirmed for US release  (Read 1841 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2005, 07:01:28 PM »

A representative from Midway, who decided to pass on localizing Shadow Hearts 3, posted this at the GameFAQs message board -
SH3 WILL get released here in NA (and also most likely in Europe as well), but just not by Midway. Some other company has picked this title up and I'm sure they will do a great job localizing it.

I'm pretty sure this is legit, given the other posts made by this person.  Hopefully, we'll get official confirmation soon.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »

If this is a tease, I'm going to beat you.  slywink

I'm curious how much localization really costs.  It seems to me that since the bulk of the work on the game is already completed, localization wouldn't really cost that much (compared to the rest of the process).  I would think a game would have to sell an insanely low amount of copies for it to lose money on a US release.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 08:33:41 PM »

Please, please, please be true.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 09:38:28 PM »

There's another post by this person at GameFAQs explaining how SH1 and 2 did, and why Midway isn't doing SH3 - here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »

Cooooollll!! Hope it comes out soon!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 02:50:47 AM »

Bah!  I was just about to post that!   biggrin

It's a good thing to hear.  And I know it's Gamefaqs and all, but that poster does seem somewhat legit.  Anyway, I hope he is the real deal.

I wonder who picked it up for localization . . . lets get that baby translated and into U.S. stores immediately!   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 02:56:48 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
I wonder who picked it up for localization . . . lets get that baby translated and into U.S. stores immediately!   biggrin

Let's hope it isn't Working Designs.  Otherwise you can look forward to seeing it released around the same time as the PS3.

I used to love WD.  Actually, I still do they just don't seem to put much out like they did back in the Saturn/PS1 days.  Guess the SPAZ label didn't take off.  Wasn't because I didn't buy RayStorm and Thunder Force V!

Actually I have 20 of the 30 games WD ever released.  Fanboy!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 03:08:01 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

Let's hope it isn't Working Designs.  Otherwise you can look forward to seeing it released around the same time as the PS3.

I used to love WD.  Actually, I still do they just don't seem to put much out like they did back in the Saturn/PS1 days.  Guess the SPAZ label didn't take off.  Wasn't because I didn't buy RayStorm and Thunder Force V!

Actually I have 20 of the 30 games WD ever released.  Fanboy!

I was going to say that exact same thing man!  If it IS Working Designs, which I highly doubt, then we can expect a release sometime in Q1 2007   :lol:

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 05:27:30 AM »

"Let's hope it isn't Working Designs. Otherwise you can look forward to seeing it released around the same time as the PS3. "
You mean PS4, don't you? slywink

I'm going to guess the publisher will be Atlus.  The game is a good fit for them - combining the two things they're known for - dark, serious games and "wacky" games.  Plus, their last announced game (Magna Carta) comes out in November/December, so they have nothing announced for next year yet.  Presumably, Devil Summoner will be coming to the US (interestingly enough, set in a similar time period to Shadow Hearts), but that leaves the rest of the year free.  Namco is also a possibility, as they continued the Arc the Lad series by bringing End of Darkness to the US.  That series has a pretty small fanbase, so they might be willing to take on the SH series.  They already have Tales of Legendia coming in spring, and possibly Tales of the Abyss in the fall, so SH might be a good summer release for them.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 08:14:53 AM »

Uh oh.  Just read some comments on Gaming-Age about SH3  from two guys whose opinions on RPGs I trust.  Both feel Shadow Hearts 3 is a major step back in almost every way and rate the game below both of the previous games.  

They do say it's good but in a generic sort of way.  Also the encounter rate is supposedly knocked up to Megaten levels (DDS and Nocturne) to try and pad the length a bit.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 09:06:14 AM »

According to the same guy who's supposed to be from Midway, Midway actually wanted to publish the game, but they weren't willing to give the developers what they were asking for the rights.  They found another publisher who would, and offered Midway the same deal, but Midway refused.

From the review at GameFAQs, SH3 isn't a direct sequel as Covenant was to Shadow Hearts.  By all accounts, it's not as good as Covenant either, but I still really want to play it.  Hopefully, an official announcement will be made soon.

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »

It could also be NIS America, since they -did- license Atelier Iris from Gust to bring here.  Just saying. smile
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 03:59:06 PM »

Saw this over on the GAF-- Xseed games (never heard of them) has secured rights to Shadow Hearts 3 and Wild ARMS 4 and will be bringing both stateside in the first quarter of 2006. The web site: http://www.xseedgames.com/

The only thing that concerns me about this is I'm afraid the quality of localization may take a big hit. Hopefully we won't get badly recorded C-level voice talent for either of these titles.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 04:42:55 PM »

Heard somewhere that they're supposed to be some ex-Square USA refugees or somesuch?

depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 06:22:16 PM »

My prayers to the Gaming God have been answered!

Looked into the company site, signed up to receive announcements on SH: From the New World.  Can't WAIT TO PLAY!!  YEEAAHH!

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »

The head of the company is the former president of Square Enix USA and there are several other former SE employees as well.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 07:36:20 PM »

Cool!! Thats great news.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 09:28:36 AM »

Well, I'm officially very hyped for this game.  I know I know, I've read impressions from GAFers and others that have played the game.  They don't give it that high of praise.

But it's a Shadow Hearts game.  And I love absolutely anything Shadow Hearts.

So downloaded some movies, did all of the obligatory "hype-train" stuff, and I'm SUPER EXCITED for Shadow Hearts: From the New World to come out in March '06.  First off, I really like the battle system.  Apparently that has carried over (with some tweaks) from the first two titles.  Secondly, the music seems to be up to par with Covenant's fantastic soundtrack.

Which makes me think - I purchased the OST for Covenant a long time ago and it's one of my favorite music CDs.  Is it SO WRONG OF ME to want to already order SH:FtNW's OST now?  Or will listening to the music before playing the game somewhat "ruin" the experience?

Anyways, I don't like the exclusion of Yuri.  I liked him as a character.  Thought he was easy to identify with.  Well, at least easier than most main RPG characters.  The girl Shania seems kinda intriguing, though, she went through some weird almost "dressphere" animation when she fused into a demon.  I mean, yeah, seriously, she gets semi-naked when she fuses.  And for all of those weird guys who like those polygonal game girls, some weird funky like, boob-jiggle expansion goes on when she fuses.  It's just really odd.  Don't believe me?!  See for yourself in a gameplay video!  That's the best I can explain it.

And, of course, the exclusion of my girl Karin Koenig makes me cry inside, but hey, that's ok   biggrin   I have a poster . . . of her . . . on . . my wall . . . so it's ok.

Anyways, jump on the hype-train with me!  If not now, well, that's OK!  We still have almost 6 months til the train leaves the station . . . a loooong six months   :cry:

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 10:23:44 AM »

I think the setting and characters will be enough to offset any problems the game may have.  I wish they had continued with the characters from the first two games, especially since starting fresh apparently didn't have any affect on sales.  BTW, there are some roundtable discussions with the developers at Gamespy and IGN.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 01:01:53 PM »

Which makes me think - I purchased the OST for Covenant a long time ago and it's one of my favorite music CDs.  Is it SO WRONG OF ME to want to already order SH:FtNW's OST now?  Or will listening to the music before playing the game somewhat "ruin" the experience?

I picked up the OST last week.  It is very good, but not quite as amazing as the previous games.  You can really tell Mitsuda's touch is missing, as most of the OST is aggressive, thumping music.  It really could have benefited from a few mellower songs.  It's still good, not quite as good.

BTW, they released a CD comprised of arrangements of Shadow Hearts music by other game composers that is fantastic.  It includes music from all three games, and some of the remixes are pretty amazing.  It's called 'Near Death Experience - Shadow Hearts Arranged" and you should be able to find it on E-Bay.

And, of course, the exclusion of my girl Karin Koenig makes me cry inside, but hey, that's ok   biggrin   I have a poster . . . of her . . . on . . my wall . . . so it's ok.

The exclusion of both Karin & Yuri are the main reason I'm not nearly as excited for this game as I expected I'd be.  They could easily be my favorite video game duo, and replacing Yuri with a 16-year old just feels...wrong.

Anyways, jump on the hype-train with me!  If not now, well, that's OK!  We still have almost 6 months til the train leaves the station . . . a loooong six months   :cry:

I'm still excited about SH:  FtNW,  but I don't want to build it up too much.  There's too many variables that scream 'let-down' to me, so I'll stay cautiously optimistic.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 02:54:30 AM »

Official site for Shadow Hearts: From the New World coming soon!

Brought to you by...XSEED Games?  They are publishing Wild Arms 4 as well.  At least you can rest easy knowing it's for real.  The EB/GameStop pre-order pages have it set for release on March 7, 2006.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
depward

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 07:20:07 PM »

THANKS Stiffler for reminding me that Shadow Hearts: From the New World is a little under four months away.  I know it's not supposed to be a fantastic game.  But it's a Shadow Hearts game!  And that's all that matters.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 07:30:47 PM »

And let's not forget Grandia 3 either, while we're at it. Next year, we should seem some spiffy new RPGs make their way to the PS2.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:49 PM »

Next year might even be more full of RPGs than this year - there's Atelier Iris 2, Baten Kaitos 2 (probably), Children of Mana, Disgaea 2, Final Fantasy 3, 5, 6, and 12, Grandia 3, Growlanser 5 (probably), Kingdom Hearts 2, Metal Saga, Mobile Suit - New Saga, Phantasy Star Universe, Rogue Galaxy, Shadow Hearts : FtNW, SMT : Devil Summoner, the PS2 "of Mana" game, Steambot Chronicles, Suikoden 5, Tales of Legendia, Phantasia, and probably The Abyss, Wild ARMs 4, Xenosaga 1+2 and 3, and Ygddra Union between PS2, GCN, and the portables.  Plus, there's Enchant Arm, Blue Dragon, Oblivion, and Lost Odyssey for the 360 :shock:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: