http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Sam 2 screenshot  (Read 1198 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:14:18 AM »

The first SS2 pic...ingame btw

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 05:28:15 AM »

whoa, not bad.  Hope the gameplay expands beyond the "pass checkpoint, kill buttloads of enemies, rinse, lather, repeat."  That got old   fast.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 05:40:34 AM »

i think SS was great co-op fun.  ss2 can be a great hit if they dont mess with the formula.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:40:19 AM »

"Hope the gameplay expands beyond the "pass checkpoint, kill buttloads of enemies, rinse, lather, repeat."
Wasn't that the point of the games, though?  They were intentionally made simple to provide an alternative to the increasingly cinematic and complicated FPS games.  I do hope they add some variety like Serious Sam : The Second Encounter did, with the bouncy platforms, changing gravity, etc.  I know they're adding a physics system, as it was shown in last year's trailer for the game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »

Man I loved both Serious Sam games. Why? Because they were intentionally made for you to kill everything that moves with a variety of really big guns. Compare that with Doom's intent of "scary the h3ll out of you" but did so in the dark. slywink That final boss battle in the original Serious Sam was one of the all-time great boss fights. I mean, I'm using a gun that essentially fires explosive bowling balls against a monster that directly rips off the original Doom's cyberdemon, but adds about 15 stories-worth of height to him. How can you go wrong with that?!?!? biggrin

Not to mention the game was flat-out beautiful to play and a ton of fun in multi-player and co-op.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 04:21:18 PM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"
whoa, not bad.  Hope the gameplay expands beyond the "pass checkpoint, kill buttloads of enemies, rinse, lather, repeat."  That got old   fast.

I don't.  This is the gameplay that made the first 2 so great.  The Serious Sam series is all about shooting tons of things non stop.  And no crates!  The variety comes in the level design and the presentation of all the shooting.  SS is one of those old school 80s arcade shooters done up in a FPS.  It's not everyone's bag, but I enjoyed the hell out of both of 'em.

I hope the sequal is value priced like the originals, but somehow I doubt it will be.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 08:06:50 PM »

I thought Serious Sam was a blast... until I hit this place, right after the first huge monster boss thing you see, where there's this cross of walkways over water, and two rooms on either sides, and you have to enter there and do something. Then a swarm of monsters swarm you, and you gotta kill them (like always). BUT! There's about two of those scorpion-man things on the walkways. And not to mention there's some nasty fish monsters in the water. I can't get past that part >frown
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 08:48:27 PM »

The trick to that room and other is not to fully expose yourself to the scorps. You can peek around a wall just enough to kill them by thier pincer or other part.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:10:24 AM »

Look, you can go back to your ww2-simulators.  Leave those of us who like old school action alone!!!!!

Sorry Rightbastard, but why is it some guys have to force their already overdone taste on everyone else?  GO look at the shotters that have come out: COH, Brothers in arms.  THose are the norm.  If you do want an action shooter, thaen don't ruin our fun!  (THis is also my argument with assholes who just can't make a turn-based Fallout.  Not turnbased= not fallout.  Leave my damn games alone if you won't make them right.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 02:53:39 AM »

This thread gave me a thought:

Give the Serious Sam boys the rights to Contra.

It could work...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: