http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:17:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious freakin problems setting up my wireless bridge  (Read 999 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2006, 04:02:23 AM »

OH I guess it was too much to freakin ask to be able to plug in my wireless bridge and jump on LIVE.    

My 360 can't see my network.   I looked at the troubleshooting and it tells me to go to my Wireless Network Settings, download the settings onto a USB drive and then plug it into my 360.   I've done so...and it STILL doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?????   Does Microsoft make this tough so that we'll buy their stupid overpriced 100 dollar adaptor???

I'm SO freakin pissed right now
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:38:51 AM »

I'm having a similar problem.  Have you downloaded Windows Media Connect?  You definitely need that, but that hasn't even helped me.  Here's a link at OO where a discussion is underway (though we're spending too much time discussing interesting things that are not solutions to my problem, IMO slywink): http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24731

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 05:55:04 AM »

I think I'm about to freakin either destroy something or cry.

I got this piece of crap Motorola WE800G and it acts like it doesn't even want to communicate with my Linksys WRT54G.

I was trying to get a good inexpensive bridge to save my wife heartache about me forking another 100 bucks over when I ALREADY wasted over a hundred dollars in shipping to get my 360.    

Now it looks like I've wasted another 60 bucks on ebay by getting ripped off with this pile of crap and I'm STILL not on Xbox Live and will have to buy another 100 dollar M$ wireless adaptor.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:28:43 AM »

Stand by....

I might have made progress.

If this works I'm going straight to bed and will update in the morning.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 01:27:25 PM »

Whew...

It was a late nighter but I'm up and running!

Why can't hardware manufacturers supply sufficient documentation with their products?

Or should I say:  why can't they provide documentation at ALL to their products?  :p
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »

Wait, what did you do?  I'm still not networked.  I've got a Linksys router and game adapter (both running wireless-G) and I've got the Hawking broadband booster.  I cannot get a network up and running to save my life.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:43:24 PM »

I picked one up, it didn't see my network, so I took it back. frown I *would* like it wireless if at all possible.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »

I took the wireless bridge upstairs to my computer and ran the setup disk that came with it.   It set up the bridge and some settings in my router "automagically" and at that point the network light on the bridge started flashing.

I then unplugged it and took it downstairs to my 360 and plugged it back in and ran the tests.   BOOM.   It worked!
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »

Here's hoping you get consistent connections with high speed and no dropouts. I wasn't so lucky with my Linksys adapter so now I'm running a cable across the apartment to my router whenever I want to play something on the 360. I still have to figure out a cosmetically acceptable way to permanently run it across the floor of the kitchen doorway and over to my TV.

Add me to your friends list, Dunc! rrmorton
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »

Cool!

My tag is msduncan

I had to stay consistent
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 10:48:45 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
I took the wireless bridge upstairs to my computer and ran the setup disk that came with it.   It set up the bridge and some settings in my router "automagically" and at that point the network light on the bridge started flashing.

I then unplugged it and took it downstairs to my 360 and plugged it back in and ran the tests.   BOOM.   It worked!

Um.  Remember that thread where you were asking about the bridge and I said:
Quote from: "Hrothgar"
Yes, the bridges and gaming adapters are essentially the same thing.  You might have to initially configure the bridge by connecting it to your computer, but after that you'll be good to go.

See, I was trying to help you avoid that problem.  It looks like I failed my tech assistance roll.  Glad you got it working in the end.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 03:35:26 AM »

My Dad once told me the secret to marriage was avoiding the I Told You So's. Good thing you guys aren't married to each other. biggrin
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 04:26:54 AM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
My Dad once told me the secret to marriage was avoiding the I Told You So's. Good thing you guys aren't married to each other. biggrin
You know, my pastor once told our men's group that men bond by making fun of one another.   It's all done with love.  Besides we're both much happier with our wives.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 05:46:14 AM »

WTR54G; best wireless B/G router or WAP you can get, and they are only around $40 now.

Just make sure you get a version before 5.x, otherwise you can't use third party firmware.  Check the list before you buy one, you can tell the version by looking at the serial number prefix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: